The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (360): $39.99 at Amazon FSSS

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Hoping for sub $20 price point[/QUOTE]

your best bet at that price range is bestbuy, if they put it on dotd

This is why Amazon is so fucking stupid.... They had this as part of their video game gold box a week ago for $47.99 (I think) and now they drop it to $39.99

[quote name='GBAstar']This is why Amazon is so fucking stupid.... They had this as part of their video game gold box a week ago for $47.99 (I think) and now they drop it to $39.99[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen on a usb extension cable that was a so-called "lightning" deal. More like "lightening" deal. The next day the price had dropped by 2 bucks. I emailed CS and relayed my amazement at how they will call something a deal one day and the next day's price reflects the opposite. Was given a "one-time exemption" of course and credited the difference, but this kind of thing is nothing new (I want to say this happened on or around Black Friday last year).

A little more on-topic, is the extra stuff in the Enhanced Edition worth it over the used price?

yes. it includes a large double sided map, soundtrack cd, and a companion walkthrough guide -different from the already awesome instruction manual-.
none of those bonuses would be guaranteed w/ a used awd copy.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']

A little more on-topic, is the extra stuff in the Enhanced Edition worth it over the used price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eLefAdEr']
A little more on-topic, is the extra stuff in the Enhanced Edition worth it over the used price?[/QUOTE]

The fact that CD Projekt RED included all the stuff for free was great! But the physical items (map, quest book, soundtrack) were not anything I would pay a huge amount extra for.

There's about 4-hours in extra gameplay included which is cool.

The map is kinda useless, because its not like you have much freedom to decide which towns and areas to go to and when. But its cool to see where everything is in relation to each other.

There's also a semi-useful guidebook which can help if you get lost, or just if you want some extra background on the characters or quests.

You know what? Having typed that all out, yes the Enhanced Edition is worth it, if only to support a very generous developer, CD Projekt RED. In a time when publishers are looking to nickel and dime consumers, they've gone the other way and gave all this stuff for free.

[quote name='GBAstar']This is why Amazon is so fucking stupid.... They had this as part of their video game gold box a week ago for $47.99 (I think) and now they drop it to $39.99[/QUOTE]

That's why people shouldn't buy lightning deals that are obviously not a good deal. Anyone who is a frequent user/reader of CAG should've seen this coming. It's happened before and it will happen again. Ole bait and switch to maximize sales right before a price drop.

That said, I've been eagerly waiting for this game to reach $40, but now that it's here, the cheapass in me wants to wait til it goes lower. (But mainly because I just started getting into Ghost Recon, and I plan to get the new MW3 DLCs so I probably can wait to get Witcher 2.)

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Waiting for it to hit ~$20-25 on AWD! :) Hope this is the new MSRP..[/QUOTE]
Same. There's one on awd for 37.50 atm. Not really enough of a discount though to make it worth it imo

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I've had that happen on a usb extension cable that was a so-called "lightning" deal. More like "lightening" deal. [/QUOTE]

:shame:

I was hoping for an incorrect usage of "bait and switch", and the thread did not disappoint. Why does that seem to be the default expression on this website for everything that any company does?

Really tempted by this. Couple questions though:

-How important is the first one to the story/experience?
-Do you think it will see $30-$40 price points again during the year? Maybe around Black Friday?

I want this, but not sure if right now is the time since I have a bit of a backlog and have been spending a lot on games recently. Any CAG inputs are appreciated!

I know this is a fantastic game, and I certainly want to support the developer, but with my huge backlog, it's going to have to wait. Same goes for Kingdoms of Amalur, heard great things about it and was sorry to see that the developer went under, considering it is supposed to be a great game. This is a bad time for game developers, the economy is just garbage, and not just in the U.S. (much worse in many European countries). Very sad.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really tempted by this. Couple questions though:

-Do you think it will see $30-$40 price points again during the year? Maybe around Black Friday?

I want this, but not sure if right now is the time since I have a bit of a backlog and have been spending a lot on games recently. Any CAG inputs are appreciated![/QUOTE]

Just my opinion.

I think $39.99 is the new msrp. I saw it priced for $39.96 at a local Walmart last night. It was not a "sale" tag. It was a normal tag. I think GameStop is pulling a "it's on sale" when it's really a new price drop. Just my opinion though. Having said that. I see this game between $30 and $40 until 2013. Likely to see $30 near the holidays with other AAA titles getting more attention.

u could wait for it to drop to 20-30 during the holidays but by that time theres no guarantee you'll be getting the enhanced edition. if u only want the vanilla version then waiting isn't a big deal.

[quote name='technicalstylez']u could wait for it to drop to 20-30 during the holidays but by that time theres no guarantee you'll be getting the enhanced edition. if u only want the vanilla version then waiting isn't a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Is the enhanced edition likely to run out of stock anytime soon? The extras do sound like a good deal...

[quote name='GamerDude316']Really tempted by this. Couple questions though:

I want this, but not sure if right now is the time since I have a bit of a backlog and have been spending a lot on games recently. Any CAG inputs are appreciated![/QUOTE]

My opinion, having played both is that having played the first one I did find I knew a bit about the 2nd but like a lot of games there's no problem going straight to the sequel. I can honestly see this dropping as like others have sad walmart have it at the same price not on sale, so i expect it to drop and quite soon imo

[quote name='technicalstylez']u could wait for it to drop to 20-30 during the holidays but by that time theres no guarantee you'll be getting the enhanced edition. if u only want the vanilla version then waiting isn't a big deal.[/QUOTE]
I was under the impression all past, present, and future runs of this game will be enhanced editions. That is to say there is pretty much not going to be a vanilla version for said title

Also I can easily see this going lower by the end of the year as early as fall even.

[quote name='Rumors']I was under the impression all past, present, and future runs of this game will be enhanced editions. That is to say there is pretty much not going to be a vanilla version for said title[/QUOTE]

That was my understanding as well.

There are no vanilla versions. All versions feature the enhanced gameplay. Key words "enhanced". There is not a "non enhanced" version.

[quote name='Cocojames333']There are no vanilla versions. All versions feature the enhanced gameplay. Key words "enhanced". There is not a "non enhanced" version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you and all the other users who replied. In that case I'll probably wait for another deal closer to the holidays, give me time to build up some more credit

[quote name='Cocojames333']There are no vanilla versions. All versions feature the enhanced gameplay. Key words "enhanced". There is not a "non enhanced" version.[/QUOTE]

The first run of the game came with the map which can still be found at retailers. Saw one at Walmart last night. All versions are "enhanced" and always will be. It's a title not an edition.

aargh. I'm so annoyed. I bought both this and Dragon's Dogma used at GS on Tuesday, and now they're both $10 cheaper. I think if I go into the store they will credit me back $10 for the witcher, but I used a PUR coupon ($20) for Dragon's Dogma and when this happened before, they said I couldn't get a price adjustment/credit since I used a coupon (likewise, if you use a PUR coupon and return a game, you only can't get full store credit back, just the amount minus the coupon). That's why I usually don't buy from GS anymore, but I had a lot of trade-in credit stored up.

I was actually going to buy this at Best Buy by PM'ing Gamestop's $39.99 price. BBY CSR said "we don't pricematch Gamestop" so I told him "Looks like I'm going across the street" The guy gave me an odd look. Yeah, my local GS is literally across the street from BBY. Great game so far, BTW.

gs won't credit u the difference, you'll have to do a return/rebuy. atleast be glad u got them used because had u bought new u wouldn't even have the return/rebuy option.

[quote name='imacjenn']aargh. I'm so annoyed. I bought both this and Dragon's Dogma used at GS on Tuesday, and now they're both $10 cheaper. I think if I go into the store they will credit me back $10 for the witcher, but I used a PUR coupon ($20) for Dragon's Dogma and when this happened before, they said I couldn't get a price adjustment/credit since I used a coupon (likewise, if you use a PUR coupon and return a game, you only can't get full store credit back, just the amount minus the coupon). That's why I usually don't buy from GS anymore, but I had a lot of trade-in credit stored up.[/QUOTE]

best buy pm's gamestop, your employee was just being lazy. bb pretty much pm's any b&m competitor's price within a 25 mile radius of the store.

Buy It Now with Confidence

Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

What is considered a local retail competitor?

A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

[quote name='burbs1989']I was actually going to buy this at Best Buy by PM'ing Gamestop's $39.99 price. BBY CSR said "we don't pricematch Gamestop" so I told him "Looks like I'm going across the street" The guy gave me an odd look. Yeah, my local GS is literally across the street from BBY. Great game so far, BTW.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']gs won't credit u the difference, you'll have to do a return/rebuy. atleast be glad u got them used because had u bought new u wouldn't even have the return/rebuy option.[/QUOTE]

They let me do the return/rebuy and were really nice about it. I'm glad because I got a mint used copy, with all the extras and the discs look like they've never been used.

I was out of luck with Dragon's Dogma though, since I used the PUR coupon. I've had that happen once before, so I wasn't surprised. I'm glad the price drop on that wasn't as great as the one on The Witcher. That's what i get for buying almost-new games. (usually wait much longer for much better price drops, but I had credit to burn!)

Great value (even at full price) when you consider that they give you the soundtrack, strategy guide and a detailed manual.

The soundtrack is majestic btw!

bread's done
Back