The Wonderful 101 (Wii U) $50.83 + Free Shipping @Amazon

jholden3249

CAGiversary!
The Wonderful 101 is listed for just $50.83 at Amazon.com right now, tax-free* with free shipping. The official Prima guide is also discounted to $15.61, and if you buy both together an ADDITIONAL 5% is knocked off the price of the game, for a combo price of $63.90.

Not a bad price for a new game, and a fantastic one at that. I pre ordered my copy and just finished beating the game today- I'd definitely rank W101 as one of the funnest games I've played on the Wii U, perhaps even better than Pikmin 3.

Here's the link if anyone is interested in jumping on this:

The Wonderful 101

*** You will be subject to sales tax if you live in one of the following 12 states:

• Arizona
  • California
  • Georgia
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • North Dakota
  • Pennsylvania
  • Texas
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the recommendation, but I can't justify $50+ for a game that I need to hope clicks with me after a few hours of play. I'll check it out eventually, but sub $20.
I totally hear ya. I'd hate for you to buy it and by some off chance not like it, because there are a select few who really don't like it's lack of training wheels (there were several "I'm stuck, gotta look this up on a walkthrough" moments for me lol). But I think whenever you do eventually buy it you'll be glad you did. It's a shame they didn't promote this game more. Had they hyped it like Smash Bros 4, leaking screenshots and small details for 9 months prior to release, I think it could have caused a pretty big stir in the community. It's certainly a good enough game to garner attention via word of mouth though, and I think after several years have passed, and the install base for the console has grown into maturity, this game will start receiving a lot of attention for it's unique gameplay, fun control scheme and addictive combat.

My post history hardly shows that's all I do on here. But that post wasn't for you, so don't take it personally. It was for the hundreds, thousands even, of readers who will never comment but do read these posts. It seems that any time a post is made for a game pertaining to Nintendo, the comment section fills with responses like yours that serve as nothing more than insults. And it wasn't just you that made such a comment, which is why there is 2 responses instead of just one. I don't discriminate. You're more than welcome to your own opinions, but on a thread dedicated to a great deal on a desirable Nintendo title, I find it strange that you would bother posting here just to say the game is weak, and furthermore, that all Nintendo's games are rehash.
you quoted my post and your first sentence was "speak for yourself". now you say the post wasnt for me? dude just stop. smh. Most of your post are replying to people not in love with the wii u. your super defensive over a videogame console... not a good look dude, but hey thats you. Also i said the demo was weak so dont twist my words. $20 is what its worth to me. since you said im more than welcome to my own opinion deal with it.

you quoted my post and your first sentence was "speak for yourself". now you say the post wasnt for me? dude just stop. smh. Most of your post are replying to people not in love with the wii u. your super defensive over a videogame console... not a good look dude, but hey thats you. Also i said the demo was weak so dont twist my words. $20 is what its worth to me. since you said im more than welcome to my own opinion deal with it.
This IS me dealing with it.

Yes, speak for yourself. And no, the post wasn't for you. The post was in response TO you, but the purpose of the reply was not FOR you, it was for the readers of this comment section who might be swayed by your overly prejudicial insults, as I clearly stated. If you paid more attention to what I've been saying to you, instead of what I've said to others, perhaps I wouldn't need to repeat myself. And if I'm overly defensive, it's only because people like you come into a thread about scoring a great deal just to post irrelevant comments about how horrible the game is, and as if THAT wasn't enough, to express just how horrible the rest of Nintendo's games are too. And don't worry about how I look, worry about yourself... I don't need a nanny.

You can't hide what you did. Not by trying to catch me up in my words, not by putting me on the defensive, not by trying to make me self-conscious with "Not a good look dude" comments, not by perusing my post history, not by minimizing your statement with "I didn't say the game was weak, just the demo", and not by defending your statement as "it's my opinion- deal with it". You can't run from the fact that you came onto a thread created for the purpose of helping gamers find a great deal on a new game, and posted a comment which served no purpose other than to degrade Nintendo. There is no justification for that. Sure, you have the right to your opinion, but there's a time and place for everything. And this is not the place to go mouthing off insulting opinions about Nintendo anymore than a PS4 pre order thread is a place to say that Killzone sucks and and PS4 is garbage. Just cause you have the legal right to do something doesn't mean you're not an ass for doing it.

This IS me dealing with it.

Yes, speak for yourself. And no, the post wasn't for you. The post was in response TO you, but the purpose of the reply was not FOR you, it was for the readers of this comment section who might be swayed by your overly prejudicial insults, as I clearly stated. If you paid more attention to what I've been saying to you, instead of what I've said to others, perhaps I wouldn't need to repeat myself. And if I'm overly defensive, it's only because people like you come into a thread about scoring a great deal just to post irrelevant comments about how horrible the game is, and as if THAT wasn't enough, to express just how horrible the rest of Nintendo's games are too. And don't worry about how I look, worry about yourself... I don't need a nanny.
when did anyone say W101 game was horrible? or that the rest of nintendo's games were horrible? please quote them. you must be seeing things in your blind rage. i own a wii u with nsmbu, pikmin 3 & wwhd. 3 good games, but 3 rehashes. ill probably pick up mario 3d in november another rehash. you should read slowly & pay more attention to what people are posting. instead of raging like a child. You sure you dont need a nanny?

So this game is underrated. Based on a few posters here that are not willing to buy the game unless is under $20. I think the word fits it.
Cag is the wrong site to use for a cash value assessment. Platinum games doesn't typically sell well, so why pay msrp when it will drop? I mean, some people were saying they would get ni no kuni at $20 before it even released, so by this logic every game is underrated. I could get into this more, but that should be undervalued instead of underrated.

You can't hide what you did. Not by trying to catch me up in my words, not by putting me on the defensive, not by trying to make me self-conscious with "Not a good look dude" comments, not by perusing my post history, not by minimizing your statement with "I didn't say the game was weak, just the demo", and not by defending your statement as "it's my opinion- deal with it". You can't run from the fact that you came onto a thread created for the purpose of helping gamers find a great deal on a new game, and posted a comment which served no purpose other than to degrade Nintendo. There is no justification for that. Sure, you have the right to your opinion, but there's a time and place for everything. And this is not the place to go mouthing off insulting opinions about Nintendo anymore than a PS4 pre order thread is a place to say that Killzone sucks and and PS4 is garbage. Just cause you have the legal right to do something doesn't mean you're not an ass for doing it.
i like how you edited this in a couple hours after the fact. but my orignal post stands if it angers you thats your issue.

I wasn't planning on doing Target's sale, but with this at $50, Pikmin at $50, and Rayman for $58, it might not be a bad idea to swing by and have them price-match all three and then get the B2G1 sale on top of that.

i own a wii u with nsmbu, pikmin 3 & wwhd. 3 good games, but 3 rehashes. ill probably pick up mario 3d in november another rehash. you should read slowly & pay more attention to what people are posting. instead of raging like a child. You sure you dont need a nanny?
The only thing being rehashed is your comments on this thread. Same thing 9 different times: "Nintendo games are rehash blah blah blah" How many times are you gonna rehash that statement, boring us to death in the process?

And all credibility went out the window right there in that first sentence of yours. Pikmin 3 is rehash lol? Yeah, ok bud. Just keep repeating that until you brainwash yourself into believing it. NINE YEARS since the last game in the series. What, does Nintendo have to wait 20 years between releases for them to not be rehash? How ridiculous is that? And with NSMBU, it's a new generation. Which means if people want to play a sidescrolling Mario, they need to make a new one. ONE game, per generation per console does not constitute rehash. Annual releases of roster updates and new multiplayer maps- THAT is rehash. And WWHD is a reMAKE, not rehash. There is a difference, and you would do well to learn that.

I pay perfect attention to what's being said, unlike you. What a hypocrite! You're a whole new breed man. YOU are the one who needs to pay attention to what's being said, as I clearly stated before. I know you got burned, but simply turning around and repeating what I said back at me not only makes no sense, it shows you haven't a clue as to what you're talking about. It's like you just copy my sentences and post them back to me, and somehow think you're clever for doing so lol. The KING of rehash right here, ladies and gentlemen!

And don't talk to ME about childishness. Only a child would lack the discernment and common sense to know the difference between releasing a game once per generation per console, and annual roster updates, which is the difference between bringing a game into the current times, and actually rehashing them. And only a child would try to make arguments centered around my post history, instead of the posts at hand. And certainly only a child would copy my own sentences and paste them back to me, and then think he's somehow clever for doing so.

But that's not even the issue. The issue is you using this thread for inflammatory, condescending remarks against any and all things Nintendo. The fact of the matter is, you're not just stating one simple opinion like "I didn't care for the demo". No. You're making broad, sweeping accusations and insults of everything pertaining to Nintendo, even games like Pikmin 3 which stand as the ANTITHESIS of rehash. Which is evidence of both your blind, unwavering bias, and your desire to troll this thread with such statements. Arguing with stubborn, ignorant members is not my idea of a good time. So why don't you do us both a favor, and just quit.

And next time you post in a thread like this, try to be conscientious of the fact this is NOT a fan site, and keep your derogatory "rehash" accusations to yourself. If you are interested in taking advantage of the deal and wish to add to the discussion, you of course are more than welcome to. But coming here just to say every Nintendo game on Wii U is "rehash" and the game being offered for a deal is "weak" serves no purpose whatsoever.

Anybody PM'd this deal at Target after already getting W101 in the B2G1 deal? I know you have 7 days but I was wondering if they would give me a hard time since due to the B2G1.

Anybody PM'd this deal at Target after already getting W101 in the B2G1 deal? I know you have 7 days but I was wondering if they would give me a hard time since due to the B2G1.
They would and it might be a real hassle, since they prorate everything. So while you might have paid "$60" for it, the receipt says $40, which then blah blah blah.

No, but I'm guessing it depends on the other two games you purchased, how much they cost and which one was free. For example, if you purchased W101 and a second game, and got a third free, the third free game would have had to been of equal or lesser value than the lowest priced game of the other two. I'm sure they'd price match you on it, but only if it doesn't render the price of the free game higher than it.

you can do all the crying, lying & backtracking you want jholden. its still not going to change my views. you dont see me trying to change you from being a blind fanboy. the high level of anger & rage in your posts shows who really got burned. this is a public forum if you cant handle opinions dont post. decent deal, but $20 or bust.

bread's done
Back