The World Ends with You (DS) @ Amazon for $22.99 FSSS

I hate that good DS games always get tiny price drops, if any.

I thought this was a $35/$40 dollar game, so I thought it was a big discount, but just five bucks has me doubting the purchase in hopes of picking it up even cheaper.

Good deal though, TC, thanks.

[quote name='TheHiei']I hate that good DS games always get tiny price drops, if any.

I thought this was a $35/$40 dollar game, so I thought it was a big discount, but just five bucks has me doubting the purchase in hopes of picking it up even cheaper.

Good deal though, TC, thanks.[/quote]

It was a $40 game when it came out. The list price reflects universal drops.

EDIT: Square is generally pretty good about dropping the price on its games over time. Yes, they charge $10 more for them, but compare that to Nintendo, who charges $5 more and never drops the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dual screen combat is good IN THEORY, but I found it quite unwieldy in actual practice. Luckily, the comp can control your upper screen character... but at the same time, it makes the game that much harder...

A good attempt, but definitely overhyped! :bomb:

Been a big fan of turn-based RPGs, was skeptical when I picked this up. Never regretted it. I'm just kind of sad it didn't get the attention it deserved.

so 25.99 isn't' that great of a deal? i think im gonna go check my blockbuster to see if i can find a better deal
pixel.gif

[quote name='iceblast21']The dual screen combat is good IN THEORY, but I found it quite unwieldy in actual practice. Luckily, the comp can control your upper screen character... but at the same time, it makes the game that much harder...

A good attempt, but definitely overhyped! :bomb:[/quote]

I actually agree. It wasn't a bad game by ANY means, and pretty innovative, but I just had a hard time getting into it. If it hits the 20$ mark, i'll probably grab one and give it another shot.

I scored this at the EB B2G1 Used Sale a few weeks ago. I think its one of those sleeper hits but its sitting in the ol' backlog of games right now. I've never seen this game ever drop in price but again i wasnt always looking at it in stores. So i luckily scored it at a store and got it for a somewhat 'free' price.

[quote name='slidecage']so blockbuster used prices are the same as new??

our local BB is seling this for 15 USED[/QUOTE]

Better than mine, they want $19.99 for it used.

Two things about BBV:

1) They often put new games on clearance with a big drop in one shot, while used games start slightly under MSRP and generally work their way down.

2) They never update the stickered prices on their games, so don't trust them and go by what other CAGs are reporting. If only there was a thread for BBV deals, prices, and trade in values on CAG...someone should really start one.

Seems maybe amazon is sold out now, its showing a different company selling it (galactics) or something for 20.99, I ordered yesterday when it was at this price, ut just a heads up. Anyone know where to get a good deal on New Super mario bro's and Super mario 64?

[quote name='wowzors']Seems maybe amazon is sold out now, its showing a different company selling it (galactics) or something for 20.99, I ordered yesterday when it was at this price, ut just a heads up. Anyone know where to get a good deal on New Super mario bro's and Super mario 64?[/QUOTE]It's still alive, you just have to pick Amazon as the vendor on the right hand side. It just appears to be defaulting to the lowest priced (new) option even when it isn't Amazon.

With any RPG, character development is a must. Unfortunately he was so fucking annoying, it turned me completely off to the game. Eventually I turned it off never giving 2 shits about how it finished.

Save your money for a better DS game.

[quote name='GuitarGuru']With any RPG, character development is a must. Unfortunately he was so fucking annoying, it turned me completely off to the game. Eventually I turned it off never giving 2 shits about how it finished.

Save your money for a better DS game.[/quote]

A lot of it has to with the awful awful english dub that made me want to commit suicide everytime he spoke. Hes actually not to bad in the Japanese version. Most of the characters were interesting enough to keep me in the game, but it was a bit shorter than I expected which was the only drawback for me.

[quote name='Squarehard']A lot of it has to with the awful awful english dub that made me want to commit suicide everytime he spoke. Hes actually not to bad in the Japanese version. Most of the characters were interesting enough to keep me in the game, but it was a bit shorter than I expected which was the only drawback for me.[/quote]

This is tolerable.. the Star Ocean cutscenes are muchhhh worse :(

bread's done
Back