THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, Square-Enix Modern-day RPG, out now! 9s up the wazoo!

[quote name='JEKKI']there's a save option in the pause menu... I donno if it need to be unlocked tho...
[/quote]Yeah, they don't let you have the cell phone menu until you get partway through Day 2. Done!

I'm enjoying the game, and am on...MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD...
Week 2, Day 2
and I can't seem to get the combo system for the d-pad to work. Here's what I'm doing:

>>>>>,

I honestly never use the top player. I just set it to "Fast-Auto" let the CPU do everything and concentrate on Neku. I haven't had a problem yet, but I do a lot of leveling.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm enjoying the game, and am on...MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD...
Week 2, Day 2
and I can't seem to get the combo system for the d-pad to work. Here's what I'm doing:

>>>>>,

That helps. But I'm talking more about I press >, then it highlights the choices I can do next, how do I switch to a top or bottom line? It always seems that if I press up the chain stops.

[quote name='KingBroly']That helps. But I'm talking more about I press >, then it highlights the choices I can do next, how do I switch to a top or bottom line? It always seems that if I press up the chain stops.[/quote]

You have to press it until another combo button (up, down) pops up in your combo line. From there, you can finish pressing right. It takes some practice, but you'll get it.

It's best to spam left or right, with Joshua. You can spam left or right much faster than you can consciously pick the right path. You'll hit twice as often, and each hit has about a 40% chance to star... the extra damage and extra focus on Neku more than makes up for the loss in star accuracy.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm enjoying the game, and am on...MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD...
Week 2, Day 2

>>>>>,

I'm not sure if it has been discussed, but has anyone noticed the game becoming hard to find? Not a single local GS has it. Amazon, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. are all sold out online. Looks like I'm going to be searching for the game tomorrow and paying $40. I definitely want it.

I kind of held back due to a massive backlog, but I really want it.

^ Yes, we talked about how difficult it is to get. You can find the posts near the top of this page. It's still intresting to see that it's hard to find. I wonder if we'll see a restock soon. If not this could be one very rare game in the future. Buy em' while you can... if you can.

I was curious so I checked eBay for prices. It's getting up to $35 on average ($40 with shipping) The MSRP is $29.99 right?

[quote name='Rodimus']I was curious so I checked eBay for prices. It's getting up to $35 on average ($40 with shipping) The MSRP is $29.99 right?[/QUOTE]It's $39.99 MSRP. CC had it on sale once.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's $39.99 MSRP. CC had it on sale once.[/quote]

Hmmmm, I don't remember spending that much for it, I'm usually pretty good about prices..... but maybe I did, I can't remember :whistle2:k

Gamestop told me it was Rare because it was an Atlus game. lol

Copies will start showing up again in a week or two. FF3 had the same thing happen, but not as severely.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop told me it was Rare because it was an Atlus game. lol

Copies will start showing up again in a week or two. FF3 had the same thing happen, but not as severely.[/quote]

yeah, amazon has it listed as a preorder now, which will ship in a few days.

[quote name='jer7583']Gamestop told me it was Rare because it was an Atlus game. lol[/quote]

#-o That's those wacky GS guys for ya.

i just finished the world ends with you and it is the best DS game i have played so far there are many good games on the DS but this game is just phenomanal, i reccomend anyone who has a DS to give this game a try definitely

[quote name='Moxio']Jeez this game is so trendy. :whistle2:?[/quote]

You mean you don't sport your "Jupiter of the Monkey" or "D+B" pins when you go chillin round town with your best girly by your side?

Stopped off at TRU to pick up the legendary Pokemon....and though this would be a great chance to score some mingle PP. Unfortunately, however Pokemon DS uses the 'Mystery Gift' feature, it doesn't register in mingle mode....even though it is using the wireless connection.

Still enjoying this game entirely too much, mingle PP or no.

[quote name='bjkrautk']Stopped off at TRU to pick up the legendary Pokemon....and though this would be a great chance to score some mingle PP. Unfortunately, however Pokemon DS uses the 'Mystery Gift' feature, it doesn't register in mingle mode....even though it is using the wireless connection.

Still enjoying this game entirely too much, mingle PP or no.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I did the same and got it in mingle PP. Though for some reason I would have to get out of it and go back in at times, since I would see some were not registering.

Aliens give crazy MPP. If you need to evolve a Mingle pin just go into Mingle mode and leave your DS in it (but closed) while charging. Aliens (which don't require actual wifi signals, they just happen randomly) give 100 MPP each.

since this got bumped,

if u havent seen this:

33bfosp.jpg

Is that
Shika's real body?

I wanted to bring my DS over to the TRU thing tomorrow too just for kicks since i figured there would be alot of DS signals going off. But for those who need the MPP, the easiest way to get it is through the Nintendo channel's DS games demo feature.

As I said in the Darkrai thread, I used Mingle Mode again for TWEWY and just was maxing out the pins I had (not many since just started). I noticed all I had to do was go in mingle mode and go out and keep repeating and would always get 1 civvie.

[quote name='seanr1221']So this games pretty solid then?[/quote]

I think so. Very unique and fun battle system. Leveling your stats by eating and digesting food adds a diffrent approach to grinding. The 2-D graphics and character designs are great. My only complaint is the dialogue. It's often boring and breaks up the gameplay. Also it trys so hard to be "hip" that it just end up doing the opposite.

Ok so I just picked this up last week, and Ive been playing it here and there. I just beat the first boss and I feel its becoming repetitive. Ive been doing the same things over and over and I have to learn s slighty altered battle system? I just want to know if something is gunna make me actually want to continue and finish?

If you don't want it let me know and I'll buy it from you! can't find a copy anywhere.

[quote name='jer7583']If you don't want it let me know and I'll buy it from you! can't find a copy anywhere.[/quote]

I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship mine. I saw a rumor on some site yesterday saying Square will be shipping more copies mid month.

[quote name='karmapolice']Ok so I just picked this up last week, and Ive been playing it here and there. I just beat the first boss and I feel its becoming repetitive. Ive been doing the same things over and over and I have to learn s slighty altered battle system? I just want to know if something is gunna make me actually want to continue and finish?[/quote]

It's pretty much the same through out the game. I personally don't care about the story. It is just a JRPG at its core, and that always entails grinding. The pins and their respective animations aren't that great to warrant all the time required to find and level up all of them, I think. I personally stopped playing this game when I got to the middle of week 2. I really couldn't handle looking at both screens, and button mashing wasn't exactly my idea of fun.

Yeah, I kind of lost interest in the middle of week 2 myself. I'm not really sure if I'm going to have the will to get back into it because I find myself getting annoyed with the characters and their quirkiness.

[quote name='lbradeen']I'm still waiting on Amazon to ship mine. I saw a rumor on some site yesterday saying Square will be shipping more copies mid month.[/QUOTE]
Not a rumor:

A handful of readers have told us they're having a difficult time locating The World Ends With You, the Square Enix RPG for DS. We finally got a hold of Square Enix, who acknowledged that "the first shipment did sell more quickly than expected." A statement given to Joystiq also confirmed that the next shipment is on schedule for mid-June. We've posted the full statement after the break.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/03/the-world-ends-with-you-new-shipment-coming-mid-june/

Just started this game. Got to the part with the Easter Island like statue.

Interesting, but the battle controls seem a little odd. Not sure how I feel about the game right now.

I'm not sure if people are still having problems finding this game, but Buy.com has it in stock currently for $38.99 w/ free shipping. I ordered it from them last Tuesday (May 27) and it was delivered to my house this past Saturday (June 1) with the free shipping option.

I hope that helps those who are still looking for it.

[quote name='Rocko']So, couldn't you just bypass the Byte limit and gain a bunch of PP by advancing the DS clock?[/quote]

:whistle2:s .... Ya know I never tought of this. But I've noticed that pins don't evolve this way. At least they've never done it for me.

[quote name='Rodimus']:whistle2:s .... Ya know I never tought of this. But I've noticed that pins don't evolve this way. At least they've never done it for me.[/quote]

I just unlocked the ability to have pins gain PP while the DS is off, so I'm not sure, but it must keep track of it by the DS clock, same with the food limit.

But, didn't Animal Crossing DS yell at you or have some adverse affect when you changed time? Maybe there's some kind of guard in this game as well to stop that. But if not, it would at least allow unlimited eating, and possibly very quick leveling depending on how quickly the pins gain PP.

Yep, works for the pins.

I just set my DS clock 5 days ahead after replacing my pin setup with 3 un-maxed pins. I got 279 PP (144+76+36+18+9 for day 1, 2, etc.) which leveled two of 'em to max and one two halfway through level 3.

[quote name='pete5883']Not a rumor:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/03/the-world-ends-with-you-new-shipment-coming-mid-june/[/QUOTE]

Is it safe to assume that the game might be easier to find at some point in the future? Going from the reactions in this thread, I'd be interested in picking this up later, but $40 for one DS game is outside of my budget at the moment, and I can't recall any other Square-Enix games that were rare due to limited release.

I knew that, but I could've sworn there was some kind of repercussion for screwing with the time in the DS version.

Maybe not.

Either way, there's no system like that in place here.

[quote name='Rocko']I knew that, but I could've sworn there was some kind of repercussion for screwing with the time in the DS version.

Maybe not.

Either way, there's no system like that in place here.[/quote]Do you mean like when you advance the time, a bunch of weeds appear?

bread's done
Back