The WRESTLEMANIA 24 Wrestling Thread! Wooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']He's bigger than Chavo.[/QUOTE]
And sells more merchandise, and gets a stronger crowd reaction.

Therefore, he's a better wrestler.
Indeed.

Not that Kane is amazing, Chavo is just fucking dull.

During the HoF presentation earlier I was going to say it was a wise decision to not put Flair on the show until he came out for his match.

Then they just had him cut a flat promo before he came out.

Chavo comes out to zero reaction, is...fine on the mic and sometimes really good in the ring. Unfortunately, the zero reaction thing kills him as a "world" champion, and there's nothing particularly compelling about his character. They tried with Chavo, the experiment failed - might as well give Kane a run with a "world" title now. It's definitely the right one for him to win at this stage in his career.

[quote name='KaneRobot']During the HoF presentation earlier I was going to say it was a wise decision to not put Flair on the show until he came out for his match.

Then they just had him cut a flat promo before he came out.

...[/quote]

Not to mention the dumbass interviewing him. I hate him.

I really hope Flair doesn't lose. I like Flair, but I also don't want Shawn's entire career to be tainted as being the "guy who forced Ric Flair into retirement".

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Chavo comes out to zero reaction, is...fine on the mic and sometimes really good in the ring. Unfortunately, the zero reaction thing kills him as a "world" champion, and there's nothing particularly compelling about his character. They tried with Chavo, the experiment failed - might as well give Kane a run with a "world" title now. It's definitely the right one for him to win at this stage in his career.[/QUOTE]
Why squash Chavo, though? A good match could have really built him up with the audience.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Finally got the feed working. Christ.

Flair's match is on already? What the hell?[/QUOTE]

It makes sense. The only match that can follow it is BunnyMania. Any of the other big "main event" matches would seriously lack heat if they followed what is likely Flair's last match.

How awesome would it be to have HBK do the SCM, go to pin Flair, then Bret Hart comes out, pulls the ref out, Shawn's standing up like WTF? and Flair rolls up Shawn FTW.

OK, not really awesome, but it'd be great to see the Montreal Screw Job come full circle.. of sorts

[quote name='Matt Young']It makes sense. The only match that can follow it is BunnyMania. Any of the other big "main event" matches would seriously lack heat if they followed what is likely Flair's last match.[/quote]

It makes some sense, but it still sucks. I would have loved it if the match were the main event. I think Flair at least deserves that much.

*shrugs*

[quote name='Scorch']How awesome would it be to have HBK do the SCM, go to pin Flair, then Bret Hart comes out, pulls the ref out, Shawn's standing up like WTF? and Flair rolls up Shawn FTW.

OK, not really awesome, but it'd be great to see the Montreal Screw Job come full circle.. of sorts[/quote]

I would mark. Hard.

Come on Arn Anderson spinebuster-behind-the-ref's-back interference spot! :mrgreen:

*prays*

[quote name='Scorch']How awesome would it be to have HBK do the SCM, go to pin Flair, then Bret Hart comes out, pulls the ref out, Shawn's standing up like WTF? and Flair rolls up Shawn FTW.

OK, not really awesome, but it'd be great to see the Montreal Screw Job come full circle.. of sorts[/QUOTE]
Swap out 'awesome' with 'random'.

[quote name='chasemurata']It makes some sense, but it still sucks. I would have loved it if the match were the main event. I think Flair at least deserves that much.

*shrugs*[/QUOTE]

That would be cool, too. But at the same time, it would kind of end the show on a downer if Flair loses.

fuck HBK's couch!

Nice to seel Flair wearing the old school blue...similar shade to what he wore in his first world title win if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Brak']A good match could have really built him up with the audience.[/QUOTE]
I'm not being funny...do you really think that he's going to turn into a success now, in his late 30's no matter what they do with him? His best work was 10 years ago as a nutjob self-head-shaving rival/fan of Eddie in WCW.

The Bret scenario above would be horrid. They finally seemed to move beyond that incident last year, dragging it back to life again would be a terrible decision.

[quote name='Matt Young']That would be cool, too. But at the same time, it would kind of end the show on a downer if Flair loses.

fuck HBK's couch![/quote]

Agreed, Matt. On both accounts.

po michaelz

rip ribz x_x

I was hoping Flair-HBK would go on last, as no moment on this show is going to possibly top Flair leaving the ring amid a crowd crying, yelling, and going WOOOO!

Why do a competitive Kane-Chavo match? No one would want to watch it, for one, and the quick match was really the best way to have a match between the two of them. It's at least noteworthy for being so quick.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Why do a competitive Kane-Chavo match? No one would want to watch it, for one, and the quick match was really the best way to have a match between the two of them. It's at least noteworthy for being so quick.[/QUOTE]
To build up Chavo and the ECW title.

Now Chavo looks like a weakling, and Kane looks like he defeated Disco Inferno for the WCW Television Title.

Oh that was sad.. Flair got up and said "Come on! Come on!" and Shawn looked at Flair and goes "I'm sorry. I love you." and ended his career.

zv1nr7.jpg

[quote name='Halo05']Thanks a million man, just got to watch the last 7 minutes of Flair/Michaels. Here's hoping the crowd doesn't even let the next match start.[/quote]

Does yours have audio?

Last moments..

Flair chops, chops, chops, chops, HBK gives SCM outta nowhere. Both go down. Shawn scoots into a corner and reaches up to the top rope and pulls himself up. Flair slowly gets up on his knees, looks at Shawn, motions, says "Come on!". Shawn looks at him, says "I'm sorry. I love you." and gives him SCM. Pins him, wins, HBK gives him a hug while laying down, gets up and leaves. Flair sits up, crying, goes outside, hugs and kisses his family, walks up the ramp, exits.

The feed I posted doesn't have audio.

I'm using PalTalk, it's almost a picture perfect webstream.

[quote name='Matt Young']Which one? Not Sopcast.[/quote]

I spoke too soon, it came back for a second and then fucked up and now it's all choppy.

"The greatest wrestler of all time just retired. Now, give it up for SNOOP DOGG!"

I'm familiar with the concept of a cool-off match (or "segment" in this case), but that's still fucked up.

[quote name='Scorch']Last moments..

Flair chops, chops, chops, chops, HBK gives SCM outta nowhere. Both go down. Shawn scoots into a corner and reaches up to the top rope and pulls himself up. Flair slowly gets up on his knees, looks at Shawn, motions, says "Come on!". Shawn looks at him, says "I'm sorry. I love you." and gives him SCM. Pins him, wins, HBK gives him a hug while laying down, gets up and leaves. Flair sits up, crying, goes outside, hugs and kisses his family, walks up the ramp, exits.

The feed I posted doesn't have audio.

I'm using PalTalk, it's almost a picture perfect webstream.[/quote]

I should've just ponied up the money for PalTalk.

Bah.

Brak, they tried to make the ECW Title and Chavo seem important, but fans didn't take to it - they take to Kane, however, so making him look strong means more right now than making Chavo looks strong.

Flair-HBK sounds like a thing of beauty - I'm looking forward to seeing that match later.

PalTalk costs money? I have used PalTalk before, and it was free. It was just audio though. I didn't know they had video.

I highly doubt that the streams that cost money are any more reliable than the free ones, anyway, or else more people would know about and use them.

[quote name='Matt Young']PalTalk costs money? I have used PalTalk before, and it was free. It was just audio though. I didn't know they had video.[/QUOTE]
It costs money to get the unlimited video.

[quote name='Francis']Well atleast I have something to look forward to on the dvd release.[/quote]

Or the download later in the week. :D Hehehe...

Oh well, it was great while it lasted. Thanks, Matt.

I hope this match is over quick. I wanna see Taker/Edge.

EDITz: I'm not sure if it's the stream or what, but does the ring look a little...odd to anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back