The "WWE doesn't use 'Wrestling' anymore, so TNA is #1 by default" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Beef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Make sure to buy Rob Van Dam's latest shirt!

KicdF.jpg

...Oh fuck...
In TNA's defense, they quickly removed that image and replaced it with this one:
rvd2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Overuse of the "WWE is no longer a wrestling company" topic. I think this deserves a mandatory surprise soma test and 30 day kayfabe suspension.

[quote name='Clak']I know I'm a little behind, but who the fuck was the captain america ripoff from the beginning?[/QUOTE]

Mysterio at wreslemania

"That's a nice counter by Primo sending Sin Cara off the top rope"
"Well I don't think that's exactly what happened..."

You know you're outta luck when even the face announcer is pointing out your botches.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Why was Inoki so mad?[/QUOTE]

Because Luke Gallows and Sylvester Terkay were shitting the bed apparently.

[quote name='silentevil']Mysterio at wreslemania[/QUOTE]
How have they not been sued for that? That's a pretty blatant ripoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedvsBlue']"That's a nice counter by Primo sending Sin Cara off the top rope"
"Well I don't think that's exactly what happened..."

You know you're outta luck when even the face announcer is pointing out your botches.[/QUOTE]That got me too. I love how even the announcers can't help but point that shit out sometimes.

Just stopping by to see what's up. Botchamania will be watching in its entirety later but lord Mysterio looked terrible.

After Wrestlemania, I do need to retract a statement..

You know, as much as we hate on WWE, they would never give us a double count out finish to a number one contender match and a 60 second heavyweight championship squash match between two established superstars on the same PPV.

This was in reference to the Victory Road PPV that TNA had earlier this year.. I think Wrestlemania's "double-countout-just-kidding" finish was on par with, if not worse than the finishes at Victory Road.

also, lol @ 0:58 in that Botchamania video.. Autsin 316's sign-cousin is pictured, proudly displaying "WRESTLE MAINA!"

Good things about Impact - James Storm's promo at the end, Bischoff's fake phone call with "the network" and Rob Terry doing a legbar.. The bad - everything else, including THE ICEPICK, a tag match with Abyss just now caring about Crimson impaling him months ago, the British Invasion losing in their return, and losing to OJ with a thousand things going on, Anderson taking two attempts to small package to Rob Terry and adding stips to Jarrett-Angle on the go-home show.

Screens -

It's bad to be a face in TNA.

Really bad.

Brace's Edge

Quotes -
Tenay - IMPACT OPENS WITH IMMORTAL! The Flair-Bischoff-Hogan led group that has ALL the power and control in TNA!
Tenay - For weeks, Hogan was irritated by Mr. Anderson.
Hogan - IT’S OBVIOUS TO ME AND THE IMMORTAL MANIACS, THAT THIS IS NOTHING BUT TOP-CHOICE TALENT INT EH RING! (Rob Terry is shown) BUT THERE IS THE ROTTING STENCH OF CRAP AROUND HERE, SO ANDERSON GET OUT HERE!
Tenay - The asshole side of Anderson came out. And he’s not good. At being in a group.
Hogan - WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW, BROTHER. FOR SIX WEEKS ANDERSON, I’VE GIVEN YOU EVERY CHANCE TO DO THE RIGHT THING AND I’VE SAID THAT THERE’S 2 CHOICES. THE HARD WAY, THE ANDERSON WAY, OR THE EASY WAY - THE IMMORTAL WAY, BROTHER! TIME AND TIME AGAIN, YOU SPIT IN THE FACE OF AUTHORITY, WHICH MEANS YOU SPIT IN MY FACE, BROTHER, SO I’M GONNA HAVE TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF YOU.
Anderson - I USED TO RESPECT YOU, YOU WERE A HERO, I’M DISAPPOINTED. LOOK AT THESE SHEEP JUST SWINGING OFF YOUR NUTS. That guy made a living riding off your coat tails. THE WORLD SEES IT, HOW IS IT THAT YOU DON’T! I WON’T STEP IN LINE, BROTHER, LIKE THE REST OF THESE LEMMINGS. I gotta look myself in the mirror and when I do, I say Mr. Anderson, Anderson YOU REALLY ARE AN ASSHOLE. Know what? I’m okay with that. The rest of these guys? They gotta live with the fact that they’re just up your asshole…WAIT FOR IT IT…. ASSS(Hogan slaps him
Hogan - GET HIM UP. STAND HIM UP. YOU’VE DISRESPECTED ME FOR THE LAST TIME AND WHEN IMMORTAL GETS DONE WITH YOU TONIGHT, YOU WON’T EVEN MAKE IT TO LOCKDOWN. I’VE TRIED TO TELL YA AND YA WON’T LISTEN TO ME. YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF. WHATEVER HAPPENS, YOU ATTRACT IT TO YOURSELF. BEFORE TONIGHT’S OVER, WE’RE GONNA CROSS PATHS AGAIN BECAUSE I’M THE BADDEST MAMMA JAMMA IN THIS COMPANY. BUT I’LL TAKE YOU OUT ON MY TIME, NOT YOURS.
Velvet - ANGELINA! OPEN THIS DOOR! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER, WINTER!?
Winter - She wants nothing more to do with you.
Velvet - Tell her this, BIYOTCH! I’m gonna call her out, BITCH!
Hogan - THAT WAS LIKE ANDRE SLAMMING STUDD!
Bischoff - I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE NETWORK!
Jarrett - IT WAS RATINGS!
Bischoff - They wanna do a best of 3 series Fortune-Immortal, winning team gets a 1-man advantage at Lockdown!
Hogan - THEY’RE NOT THIS SMART, BRO!
Tenay - Shannon WIPED HIS BACKSIDE with Scott Steiner’s chain mail head dress!
Tenay - Jesse Neal is not happy with Shannon Moore’s ANTICS!
(after Abyss attacks Crimson during a 4-way)Taz - Lots and lots of moving parts to that one.
Bully - Rob, Hogan’s gonna make you an offer YOU SHOULD NOT refuse. Lemme put this in terms you can understand - this time, the grass is greener on the other side. And there’s less seeds too.
Tenay - IT’S THE COLD-BLOODED MATT HARDY!
Tenay - THE MATCH ON SUNDAY IS 4-ON-4, BUT STARTS OFF 1-ON-1, AND WILL THEN HAVE 2-ON-3 AND 3-ON-4!
Taz - Kazarian trying to get quick pinfalls - the shock and awe mentality.
Taz - I like what Matt Hardy’s done in TNA!
Tenay - NECKBREKER! THAT’S THE COLD-BLOODED MENTALITY OF MATT HARDY!
Tenay - Robert Roode will face Ric Flair IF NECESSARY tonight.
Tenay - I JUST GOT WORD THAT HOGAN IS GONNA FORCE ANDERSON TO RUN THE IMMORTAL GAUNTLET.
Tenay - THIS IS THAT COLD-BLOODED SUBMISSION MOVE THAT MATT HARDY CALLS THE ICEPICK!
Rayne - For the last seven days, I haven’t been able to sleep. Every night, when I lay down to go to bed, all I can do is playback the events of last week in my head. Over and over again. If I could go back and do things differently, what would I have done!? That question has been weighing heavily on my mind, no really. Tara. Do you know what I would have done!? I WOULD HAVE BACKED IT UP AND RUN OVER MICKIE’S ASS ONE MORE TIME! (big canned boos) AND THEN I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY LEFT HAND AND SLAPPED YOU ACROSS THAT WRETECHED FACE OF YOURS FOR QUESTIONING ME. YOU KNOW WHAT, TARA!? THE LAST FEW WEEKS, I’VE NOTICED THAT YOU’VE BECOME TOO COMFORTABLE… (massive Tara chant breaks out) IN YOUR ROLE. LET ME REMIND YOU WHAT THAT ROLE IS, TARA. YOU ARE MY BITCH! YOU DO WHAT I SAY, WHEN I SAY. YOU DON’T QUESTION ME. YOU DO YOUR JOB AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! BECAUSE LET ME REMIND YOU TARA, I’M THE REASON THAT YOU HAVE A JOB. I HANDED YOU YOUR JOB BACK AFTER I RETIRED YOU. And if you continue to give me the slightest bit of attitude, I will make sure you’re back behind the makeup counter stocking lip gloss for minimum wage? DO WHE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER!? WHAT!? IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. SPIT IT OUUUUUUTTT!
Tara - YOU BETTER BELIEVE I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY (Hardcore Country hits)
Mackie - I hate to interrupt this, BUT I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. IF YOU THINK THAT A SEPARATED SHOULDER IS GONNA STOP ME FROM TEARING EVERY BIT OF HAIR OUT OF YOUR PIRMA DONNA HEAD YOU’RE MISTAKEN! YOU SHOULD HAVE RUN ME OVER AGAIN, BUT YOU DIDN’T. AND I GOT BACK UP. AND YOU CAN REST ASSURED THAT SUNDAY, I’M GONNA PUT YOU THROUGH EVERY OUNCE OF PAIN YOU PUT ME THORUGH PLUS SOME! FOR SIX MONTHS, YOU HAVE MOCKED ME AND LAST WEEK, YOU WENT TOO FAR! Sunday at Lockdown, there is no way out. Inside that steel cage, I’m gonna beat you within an inch of your life and show you how hardcore country I can be!
Taz - HOT GIRLS ANGRY. SIGN ME UP!
Taz - Why’s Jeff always yelling at you?
Tenay - NINE YEARS OF HIM!
Tenay - WHAT AN INTRUGING SIX MAN TAG WE HAVE HERE!
Tenay - We need to take a break ALREADY!?
Taz - Hernandez is the leader of Mexican-America.
Tenay - BIG FLYING ELBOW OFF THE TOP BY THE POPE!
Taz - That win does a huge amount of…positive reinforcement for the Pope!
Karen - I FORGOT MY PURSE!
Jeff - SCREW YOUR PURSE!
Kurt - That’s your husband - real good pick. He leave ya behind. (Immortal theme hits)
Hogan - WE HIT THE ROAD AND THERE’S TRACTION. IMMORTAL’S RIGHT WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE. RVD, I NEED TO TALK TO YA. I’m gonna say this one time only - PLEASE don’t make the same mistake Anderson made. Remember back to March of 2010 - I brought you to TNA cuz I wanted you to be a big part of the team. And with your laid-back attitude, people have been taking advantage of you. Lately, you’ve been on fire and the NEW RVD isn’t gonna take a backseat to anyone. You fit perfectly with Immortal. If you think I didn’t see what truly happened in that match with Sting. When Anderson dropped him, YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THE SITUATION AND PINNED THE TNA CHAMPION. THAT’S THE WAY I SAW IT AND I LIKED IT. THAT WAS AWESOME!
Sting - THAT IS A LIE BECAUSE ROB NEVER SAW ANDERSON LAY ME OUT! The RVD that I know would never take a win like that. Trust me, Rob, the last place you wanna be is on that side of the ring. AND IT IS AN AWESOME HONOR AND PRIVALEGE TO THE BE THE WORLD CHAMPION. OF TNA! But the real issue is getting rid of both of you. Rob, you’ll have to make your own choice, Rob. And at Lockdown, if you are the better man, then you capture the better man. But if you choose to hop in the sack with these two jabronis, then the only way you’ll win it is over my dead body. Think about that, Rob.
Bischoff - I’m feeling REALLY confident right now. Sting, the deal is, you’ll never get to a guy like RVD. Despite what you’ve accomplished, AND IT’S A LOT. GIVE IT UP TO THE STINGER. Given all that you’ve become, the fact of the matter is you’re not the chess player that Hulk Hogan is. Hulk Hogan has been out manipulating you for your career and as we stand here in front of this massive TV audience, he’s playing you like a violin. I feel a checkmate in your future.
Sting - WRONG AGAIN BECAUSE CHECKMATE IS MINE RIGHT NOW!
Tenay - STING’S GONNA GO SCORPION!
Sting - I’m gonna steal a page out of your book, I’m gonna get you on MY TIME.
Taz - STING JUST DROPPED ERIC BISCHOFF!
Taz - Abyss could…um…get the one man advantage for the…match at …. Lockdown.
Tenay - I JUST RECEIVED HUGE NEWS ABOUT LOCKDOWN. IT’S GONNA BE A BEST OF THREE FALLS MATCH WHEN JARRETT MEETS ANGLE UNDER ULTRA-MALE RULES! This all comes from THE NETWORK!
Taz - Tip your cowboy hat to James Storm.
Taz - Flair musta been confident - he was gonna wrestle next, but doesn’t even have his gear on.
Taz - Pigeon wings are flapping.
Angle - I don’t want Mick Foley to be remembered as the Hardcore Legend. That’s not what he’s about.
Ad Guy - BUY MICK FOLEY: HARDCORE LEGEND THIS TUESDAY.
Bischoff - BOTH HOGAN AND I HAVE BEEN AROUND LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHEN THERE’S A RAT. IF YOU WANNA PUSH ME, PUSH ME. YOU DO NOT WANNA PUSH HULK HOGAN. WHO IS IT!? WHO ARE YOU WORKING WITH!? IN TIME!? THE TIME IS NOW. HELLO!? SON OF A BITCH!
Taz - Poor pigeon just got crushed. Not even let loose.
Velvet - Angelina, I’m gonna let you defend yourself against your actions as of lately. If I don’t like what you, then I will not hold back from whooping that ass!
Taz - Angelina has like black eyes, like she hasn’t been sleeping.
(as the camera closes in on Love)Taz - That was nasty.
Tenay - Hogan wants to further hurt the ALREADY-INJURED ANDERSON! (who shows no signs of damage of anything)
Taz - Looks like…MURPHY’s gonna be first for Immortal.
Taz - LOOK AT THE ABDOMEN STRENGTH OF ANDERSON! (camera shows gut)
Taz - HERE COMES THE TV CHAMPION, GUNNER!
Taz - I think he should hook the INJURED LEG!
Taz - Gunner has a NASTY DEMEANOR!
Taz - You don’t want Bully Ray pounding on you.
Fans - YOU CAN’T WRESTLE!
Fans - YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!
Roode - IMMORTAL, IN THREE DAYS, WE’VE GOT YOU IN A CAGE WITH WEAPONS.
Storm - I LOST. I LET AJ DOWN. ABYSS, YOU BITCH, YOU BEAT ME. WE ALL BEEN BEAT, BUT YOU DIDN’T KILL US. ON SUNDAY, WE’RE GONNA DO MORE THAN BEAT YOU.
Anderson - THIS IS WRESTLING. I CAME HERE FOR A fuckING BELT! GIMME MORE fuckING MOUNTAINS! fuck! I BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR AND A HALF. I CAME HERE FOR THE fuckING TITLE!
Sting - HOGAN, PISSING YOU OFF MAKES ME HAPPY!
Hogan - YOU WANT A WAR, YOU’RE GONNA GET A DAMN WAR! WE’RE GONNA TAKE YOU OUT AND TAKE YOUR DAMN BELT BACK!

[quote name='Clak']How have they not been sued for that? That's a pretty blatant ripoff.[/QUOTE]
Why would they get sued? Besides, it's not the first time Mysterio has modeled his outfit after a comic book character.

-It's no secret that WWE star Triple H is one of the most powerful players behind the scenes in WWE. Along with this wife Stephanie, Triple H will have a great deal of influence over the company's direction in the coming years.
Triple H was recently named the head of WWE's new talent development program, with Sin Cara being the first superstar he signed. The latest performer Triple H is working with is former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong. On Monday's RAW, we saw the first promo video hyping the upcoming debut of Kong.
According to sources, the vignettes that WWE has aired for Sin Cara and Awesome Kong are part of Triple H's (somewhat old-school) philosophy of wanting to build up fans' anticipation for new characters, as opposed to just having them show up on TV out of the blue.
Aside from wanting to get fans buzzing about a new superstar or diva prior to their debuts, Triple H is also said to be adamant about not bringing new talent to the main roster before they are ready.
In recent years we've seen dozens of superstars brought to the main roster before they were "ready for prime time" - it quickly become apparent that they're totally green and their characters are damaged to the point where they're never taken seriously.

That..sounds somewhat promising...though he seems to already be 0 for 1 with Sin Cara. (really too soon to tell though considering he's worked what? 2 weeks of house shows and 1 Raw match?)

Sin Cara's not done yet in the ring. But if WWE is pissed off because he's blowing his *entrance*, it shows what a fucked up view they have of their product. He's sloppy in the ring, but promising. He is more than his entrance, and it doesn't need the already unbelievable trampoline spot.

[quote name='Blackout']TNA's Network gimmick is such a lame cop out.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure glad WWE doesn't, and I quote, "resort to such tactics".

Bummer, I thought for sure the next topic would be something Zack Ryder related like

"Long Island Iced Z's Visual Metaphors Wrestling Thread"
or
"Broskis of the Week Wrestling Thread, Woo woo woo, you know it"
or
"Take care, spike your hair, Woo woo woo, you know it, buy the T-Shirt Wrestling Thread"

...or something far more clever than I can come up with. =T

Just saw Bobby Heenan from the other thread. I don't want to sound like an asshole, and I realize he's very sick, but the only way I can describe what he looks like is a baby parrot.

Whether Sin Cara is working or not, I agree with the (apparently) HHH 'build anticipation' philosophy and hope it continues. These stories, too, are the reason I have hope for the future without Vince.

In regards to Cara... if he wasn't HHH's 'brand new toy', as it were, I guarantee he'd have been sent to Smackdown, which is exactly where he needs to be. If they're going to botch things, put someone on the taped show until they work it out. While I think Cara has potential, I admit that the botches are really not helping him, and eventually fans will start waiting for them. Oh, and ditch the trampoline shit. Oh noes, Sin Cara is running in to randomly attack Sheamus! It's a good thing there was a fuckING TRAMPOLINE near the ring so he could make a cool entrance.

I was playing the WWE All-Stars demo last night, with the intention of possibly purchasing it within a day or so. Then I decided to pop in Day of Reckoning 1 & 2, which I played for a few hours. Funnily enough, I no longer feel compelled to go buy All-Stars.

Anyone that doesn't think Sin Cara is going to make the WWE a ton of money is crazy. I don't like the guy, but financially Triple H picked a winner.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Why would they get sued? Besides, it's not the first time Mysterio has modeled his outfit after a comic book character.[/QUOTE]
They sued for Hogan calling himself Incredible Hulk Hogan, this seems like an even bigger ripoff.

[quote name='Clak']They sued for Hogan calling himself Incredible Hulk Hogan, this seems like an even bigger ripoff.[/QUOTE]

The difference is, he didn't call himself "Captain Mysterio" or "Flash" Mysterio. He's only payed homage to the characters visually, he's not infringing on copyright by stealing their names, so for that he gets praise from Marvel (plus Marvel gets the free publicity) and a pat on the back. Look for "Thorsterio" at the next ppv.

Maybe Marvel's attitude has changed then. Was a time that I doubt they would have appreciated it.

they should have had sin cara fued or wrestle guys that can work with him good.
someone like CM punk or even morrison could have had a good match.... then again neither of them would have probably took the clean pin.

[quote name='dkreegz515']they should have had sin cara fued or wrestle guys that can work with him good.
someone like CM punk or even morrison could have had a good match.... then again neither of them would have probably took the clean pin.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that Primo *should* be a good fit with him. Add to that the fact that they've been having house show matches together for a month, and there's no excuse for that many mistakes.

And, good lord, Cara vs. Morrison? My head may explode from simply contemplating the amount of spot set-ups that would entail. Which, really, is what I think my biggest problem with Cara has been so far... he does cool spots, but the matches don't flow together in any realistic or reasonable manner. Or, to me at least, it all just feels like he's only working towards the next 'spot' no matter what's going on.

anyone catch entrance of bubba last night tna. shows him drinking beer as walks down aisle. only problem is that they zoomed in close enough on the beer to clearly see it was not a open beer.

Sin Cara should be on SD - it being taped would be a huge benefit for his overall act. On SD last week, he looked fantastic because nothing went wrong. On Raw, something always goes awry, although Raw's finish problem was largely Primo's fault, he shouldn't have just blatantly redone the finish. At least he didn't panic though, that's good. He really needed more time to learn a U.S. style. Rey had about six years of U.S. experience before going to WWE, and it even took him time to adjust, and Mistico's never been at the level of Rey as an overall worker.

[quote name='007']I think my biggest problem with Cara has been so far... he does cool spots, but the matches don't flow together in any realistic or reasonable manner. Or, to me at least, it all just feels like he's only working towards the next 'spot' no matter what's going on.[/QUOTE]

You just described the WWE style in a nutshell. Cara's no different than anyone else up there.

There was a time years back when my favorite worker was Chavo Guerrero, who was at the time a perennial Velocity jobber. His matches made sense - he'd consistently work one body part over the match. So much so his matches felt different - they felt more realistic. Someone takes a shoulder to the post, you work the shoulder.

I don't want to spend an inordinate amount of time explaining how we got to punch-punch-punch-SPOT wrestling, but I largely blame ECW and especially Rob Van Dam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back