Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Money In The Bank Match
CM Punk vs. Kane vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP
vs. "The Gold Standard" Shelton Benjamin
vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Finlay

Tag Team Title Unification with Lumberjack stipulation
The Colóns (Carlito and Primo) vs. John Morrison and The Miz

Handicap Elimination Match
Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka (with Ric Flair)

25 Woman Battle Royal To Determine Miss. Wrestlemania

*Note: I'll update this post later today with more stuff. I just woke up and saw nobody had started the new topic yet.*

I wish I didn't have to get up at 6:15 tomorrow. This might not be the best WM ever but I'd still love to watch it. I don't think I've ever seen a WM live. The closest I came was for WM 20. I was living in Okinawa and had very little internet access. As such, I intentionally kept myself in the dark about wrestling. My friend's little brother taped the PPV and mailed us the tape. I found out a couple weeks late that Benoit won the title.

The card isn't the greatest, but I still think it will top last year's event. Sure it had Flair's last match, but there was a lot of filler. I just hope there's no repeat of last year when I got up to take a leak and missed the entire Kane vs Chavo "match".

Going over to a co-workers place tonight to watch this. I'm assuming that Taker is still the favorite to win his match , or has something been going around to make everyone think otherwise? I'm mainly asking since my work buddy is a huge Micheals fan and is convinced that he'll beat Taker.

This will rank as one of the worst cards ever in Wrestlemania, seriously how many of these matches could have taken place on Raw or Smackdown? The ONLY Wrestlemania worthy match is Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker...

We can't start a new thread yet! The last one was a memorial topic! Memorial topics ALWAYS go to 1000! The wrestling threads have rules, people! You are all desecrating the memory and legacy of Andrew "Test" Martin!! Oh, the humanity!!!

[quote name='neocisco']We can't start a new thread yet! The last one was a memorial topic! Memorial topics ALWAYS go to 1000! The wrestling threads have rules, people! You are all desecrating the memory and legacy of Andrew "Test" Martin!! Oh, the humanity!!![/QUOTE]

He would have wanted it this way.

so, whats the final match, true 'main event' going to be tonight?
I would hope for HBK vs Undertaker, but we know that isn't going to happen. Prob. going to be constipation face vs IED, so we can get that lovely shot of the McMahons at the end.

[quote name='laj22us']so, whats the final match, true 'main event' going to be tonight?
I would hope for HBK vs Undertaker, but we know that isn't going to happen. Prob. going to be constipation face vs IED, so we can get that lovely shot of the McMahons at the end.[/quote]

That sounds about right.

As far as the card itself, it doesn't look too bad. Though the only thing I really want to see is the MITB in the hope that either Christian or MVP will win, but I won't hold my breath.

Wrestlemania predictions:

Orton def. HHH
Cena def. Big Show
JBL def. Mysterio
Jeff def. Matt
Miz & Morrison def. Colóns
Undertaker def. HBK
Toss-up between MVP and Christian for MitB... I'll go with Christian
Diva Battle Royal will be won by one of the non-roster divas
Legends def. Jericho with help from Rourke

With most of the MitB competitors saying they'd cash in tonight when asked, I wouldn't be surprised to see the winner cash in tonight, although then the writers are out a storyline they can milk for the next few months.

I hope the innder doesn't cash it in tonight. I think we're all sick of the drive-by title match trope by now.

If they are gonna do it, they can do what Edge did at NWO: Take out one of the competitors and then take his spot in the match. At least in this regard it would make logical sense that he be actually allowed into the match because of the briefcase.

Triple H (c) vs Randy Orton

DQ; No winner (if I were a gambler, I'd bet on this outcome to make more money -- I have a feeling Orton will win, though)

Edge (c) vs Big Show vs John Cena

Cena over Big Show

JBL (c) vs Rey Mysterio Jr

Rey Mysterio Jr. over JBL; JBL back to SpankDown! announce table

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker

Michaels over Undertaker

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy over Matt Hardy

Money in the Bank

MVP

Miz and Morrison

Chris Jericho vs. Legends

Legends

The card isn't amazing but it should be better than last years. I'm kind of disappointed that for the "25th Anniversary" of Mania, the only dude they could get was....Kid Rock. Wow.

I'm interested in pretty much all the matches to a certain extend, my top 2 being HBK/Taker and I guess HHH/Orton. The Hardy match should be pretty interesting, and the MITB always has some good spots. It sucks Jericho got saddled with all those old geezers. I wish he was wrestling a real match.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
[/quote]
[quote name='Demolition Man']
Extreme Rules Match
Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Money In The Bank Match

Tag Team Title Unification with Lumberjack stipulation
[/quote]

I have no idea what any of these matches are! Extreme rules match = street fight, right?

I stopped watching wrestling when i was like 14...so 6 years ago. I have no clue about wrestling anymore.

Why is there a period after "Miss" in the OP?

Some sort of cliffhanger/double KO ending where it'll drag on to the next PPV

In a perfect world, Edge. But Cena will take the strap.

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Undertaker

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy.. or perhaps no contest when Lita comes out and asks them what the hell they're doing.

Christian

Morrison/Miz

Legends after interference by someone, whether it's Flair, Rourke, or Austin

25 Women Battle Royal

Santino.. or Sunny.

//edit: Nevermind, I just saw that they added Mae Young in it. She'll win.

[quote name='Scorch']Why is there a period after "Miss" in the OP?[/quote]

QUICK! SOMEONE CALL THE CAG EDITOR IN CHIEF! THEY'LL BE FURIOUS!

Orton goes over due to McMahon-ference. The only thing I can't predict is which McMahon will turn. Money's on Stephanie.

fuck this shit. (that means Cena, folks)

I'm with Brak. JBL's in ring days are done, again. If he retained the IC title, he would make it mean something over time that it hasn't meant in probably close to a decade. In order to maintain the consistent level of disinterest in the belt, it must be hot-potatoed onto someone every 4 weeks. It's Mysterio's time, and he's hotter in Houston than native Tejan JBL.

You know how this one ends. But it'll be the best match on the card by a long shot.

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Matt Hardy goes over. Matt needs it more than Jeff.

MVP or Kofi. I'm undecided. Christian? Ha. His whole WWE career thus far has already reminded him why TNA was better for him in terms of card placement. He's lucky he's even on the WM event period.

Morrison/Miz fo' sho'. Anyone give a fuck about the Colons? I predict we see Papa Colon, though.

Legends. Here's one amazing wrestler stuck in the comedy match, folks. I hope for maybe 4-6 solid minutes b/w Jericho and Steamboat, but I live in the real world.

25 Women Battle Royal

Couldn't give a fuck, and can't be bothered to make a pick.

My predictions from the other thread.

[quote name='Sporadic']I really think that HBK is going to beat Undertaker. Seems impossible but that is one of the main reason I think it's going to happen.

Other predictions are:
JBL over Rey
Jericho over the Legends (leading to Rouke coming in to punch him out while they all celebrate so Jericho get the win, the legends get the last laugh)
MnM over The Colons
Jeff Hardy over Matt
25-Diva Battle Royal - Who cares? If I had to guess, I'll go with Mae Young
Cena over Edge/Big Show (to close out the show and send the fans home happy)
Orton over HHH (some type of McMahon swerve, maybe Linda screwing HHH over)
MitB - I'm going to go with the dark horse and say Kane. I have an awesome image in my head of Kane standing near the top of a ladder holding the case while cackling maniacally.[/QUOTE]

Everyone else is doing it, so here it goes:

Going with Orton. Thinking that we might get some kind of McMahon/Legacy brawl on the outside for a distraction.

Cena. Damnit.

Rey. JBL hopefully moving behind the desk.

Is there any doubt who wins?

Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy

Jeff, just because.

Possibly the hardest match to call. My gut is saying MVP after his big losing streak "push" went nowhere.

J-Mo and the Miz. fuck yeah!

Legends team, maybe with a little extra help to give Jericho his next feud.

Women Battle Royal

Maryse.

Oh, and wwe.com has a blurb up that confirms Rourke will be at ringside for the legends match.

I've got no predictions. It should be pretty good assuming a couple things happen...

a. Triple H shelves his ego and doesn't absolutely destroy Orton. Win or lose for Orton, I want the match to be close. I do not want to see Triple H snort and flex his way to a dominating victory over Orton only to have one of the McMahons cost him the belt. Either man can play the role of "getting beaten down yet still winning the match". See Triple H vs. Cactus Jack (Royal Rumble 2000) or Randy Orton vs. Cactus Jack (Backlash 2004) for evidence. (god that doesn't make sense... I just want it to be a good wrestling match, both guys can deliver, I hope they're allowed to without too much bullshit)

b. Matt and Jeff really tear into each other. For years I've been sick of Matt Hardy being "eXtreme!!1!" and not delivering. He doesn't have the body to do anything else yet only Jeff really takes risks. I think the only hope for their match is for both of them to absolutely go berserk. Shit, it's fucking Wrestlemania, if you're not gunning for a trip to the emergency room, you aren't trying hard enough.

c. Money in the Bank has to deliver with a weaker than usual cast. I don't need Mark Henry to moonsault someone off the ladder but if they don't come up with some impressive, strength-based spots for Henry and Kane to do, it will pale in comparison to past MitB matches. I'm not smart enough to think of anything but hopefully someone else can. (I dunno, have Mark Henry gorilla press a flattened ladder with someone on top and throw it out the ring, whatever)

I'm cautiously optimistic. Then again, I was psyched for Shawn Michaels vs. Crush at WM IX so maybe I'm cautiously retarded as well.

[quote name='DAWG26']Anyone know if its possible to see this free online anywhere?!?[/quote]

I am sure once it starts preshow we will see streams showing up on ustream.

Miz/Morrison over Carlito/Primo to become unified tag-team champions
MVP over everyone else to win Money In The Bank
Santino wins Diva Battle Royal
JBL over Rey to retain
Matt Hardy over Jeff Hardy
Undertaker over HBK
The Legends over Jericho (Steamboat gets the pin)
Orton over HHH by countout/DQ to win ____ championship
Cena over Show/Edge to win ____ championship

From the other thread. Now that the day is upon us, there's a few matches I'm interested in seeing. MITB is always fun, 'Taker/HBK should be epic, and Orton/HHH should be pretty good with plenty of false finishes. Matt/Jeff could steal the show on any PPV that didn't have 'Taker/HBK, and the triple threat is a big clusterfuck that might be decent.

The booking on that is weird, just because there's so many different ways it can go. We could see a Cena turn if he goes with Vicky, an Edge turn if Vicky goes with Show, or maybe both - they've put too much into the Vicky storyline to do nothing with it, so I'm thinking she factors into the finish here. Show will be Show, content to do his big man spots and break up a few pins - I don't see him going over unless it's a fluke. Maybe a big chokeslam to Cena and an Edge spear lead to Edge retaining?

EDIT - That justin.tv stream is showing Rock/Austin vs. HHH/'Taker from Raw years ago, apparently after Shane sided with 'Taker. Cole and Cornette are handling commentary, which makes me miss Cornette.

They pulled the Tag Team Championship match from the PPV, apparently:

WWE Universe moderator Corey issued the following statement in his blog this afternoon: "UPDATE: 4:26 p.m. ET: I just received word that tonight's Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match between The Colons and The Miz & John Morrison will open tonight's WrestleMania, as an exclusive pre-show match that will only be seen on the WrestleMania DVD."

WWE can't fit 8 matches into a 4-hour show, given how they always give the fans 30-40 minute matches.

They found another McMahon video package to show. For $55, you get 4 hours broken up as follows:
64 minutes actual wrestling
43 minutes of entrances
86 minutes of video recaps
7 minutes of McMahon jerking off on camera
16 minutes of has been musical artists playing shit that was tired in 1996. Kid Rock? Kid fuckin' Rock?
24 minutes of video recaps of all the wrestlemania weekend shit - hey, look! Mark Henry's shaking a little boy's hand! what great footage!

[quote name='mykevermin']WWE can't fit 8 matches into a 4-hour show, given how they always give the fans 30-40 minute matches.[/quote]
Well, with what should be an epic hour long main event between Cena, Show, and Edge, how could they?

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']They pulled the Tag Team Championship match from the PPV, apparently:

WWE Universe moderator Corey issued the following statement in his blog this afternoon: "UPDATE: 4:26 p.m. ET: I just received word that tonight's Unified WWE Tag Team Championship Lumberjack Match between The Colons and The Miz & John Morrison will open tonight's WrestleMania, as an exclusive pre-show match that will only be seen on the WrestleMania DVD."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Cutting a great match while Jericho/losers and Diva Battle Royal stay on the card.

I hope this Wrestlemania bombs.

[quote name='mykevermin']WWE can't fit 8 matches into a 4-hour show, given how they always give the fans 30-40 minute matches.

They found another McMahon video package to show. For $55, you get 4 hours broken up as follows:
64 minutes actual wrestling
43 minutes of entrances
86 minutes of video recaps
7 minutes of McMahon jerking off on camera
16 minutes of has been musical artists playing shit that was tired in 1996. Kid Rock? Kid fuckin' Rock?
24 minutes of video recaps of all the wrestlemania weekend shit - hey, look! Mark Henry's shaking a little boy's hand! what great footage!
[/quote]
Given the extensive exposition montage they play before each match, I'm surprised they can do more than the title (WWE, WH, and IC) matches and maybe Money in the Bank if they let a few get injured and go to the back. On second thought, just cut Money in the Bank, as well, and let John Ceno or Triple H have another shot at either title should they lose.

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I'm tempted to order it, that way I can watch it in HD as opposed to on this laptop.:[

Was considering heading up to a bar, but I'm just not feeling it. I'll grab it tomorrow from the usual places and watch it before Raw.

Dang, why isnt Justintv working for the PS3 anymore? I'd rather watch it on my tv than have to stare at a computer monitor for the next 4 hours.

[quote name='Sporadic']Colons won the titles.....wtf[/quote]

Good. Mizorrison was too obvious to win.

Of all matches to put on a preshow they go with the tag team unification match. Brilliant, Vince. You could have had 4 young guys open your show with a hot match that actually meant something. Oh, I forgot, fans don't like tag team wrestling. I always forget to think like Vince McMahon tells me to. Silly me.

[quote name='Scorch']GREAT feed, JJSP.. thanks!

MITB to start it off? Really?[/quote]

This increases the odds that it might be used tonight.

bread's done
Back