The WWE Wrestlemania 25 Thread

There's probably going to be one more draft pick after this match.. I hope, anyway. And I hope it's WTF worthy, some huge name to some lesser brand.

Or, you know, Undertaker to Raw.

Supplemental draft on Wednesday at noon on WWE.com.

[quote name='Lancey Howard']Mods, please merge to wrestling threads. I don't want to go to CAG jail.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']:rofl:

I am sorry, but that shit had me rolling.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Was he intentionally being ironic?

[quote name='Scorch']Supplemental draft on Wednesday at noon on WWE.com.[/QUOTE]

They should just name it the "Jesse and Festus Biscuits n' Gravaaaayyyyy Honorary Draft."

THEE Brian Kendrick drafted to THEE Unemployment Line am confirmed.

Alternately, I'll settle for the "give-a-fuck draft."

That should be the WGN show name. "WWE Gives a fuck."

[quote name='mykevermin']called all the picks? from what I'm reading in this thread, all the spoilers that have been out all day long are legit. called em? BFD.

The Showstopper don't roll on Shabbos.[/QUOTE]

For once I knew nothing of these "spoilers". Called ALMOST everything, sadly there was no Taker / Cena switch, so I'm guessing either:

a) Edge wins the Strap back at Backlash, which would be pointless as all hell

b) Orton wins the WWE Strap and defects to SD!

So lemme get this straight.

Raw
MVP (US Champ)
Big Show
Matt Hardy
Triple H (WWE Champ)
The Miz
Maryse (Divas Champ)

SD
Melina (Women's Champ)
CM Punk
Kane
Jericho
Rey Mysterio (IC Champ)

ECW
Vladimir Koslov

...makes sense.

My only gripe with the draft is that they moved pairs of matchups that have been done to death and will probably happen again on the new brands, Rey/Kane and MVP/Matt Hardy.

I wonder if they'll turn Punk and have him pick right up where Matt left off in his feud with Jeff Hardy.

So SD got Jericho, Punk and Mysterio? At least there they'll have a little better chance of putting on a good match.

[quote name='TheRock88']Just curious, but how much are tickets where you are?

Raw is coming to my town in June and they're charging $15-75. Thinking of going.[/quote]

The seats I've had before are now about $80 before surcharges. Those are just a few rows up from the floor. IMO, if you're not in the first 2 rows being on the floor sucks with everyone always standing up and blocking the view. I went to a SD taping once and was in about the 10th row on the floor. The only wrestler I could see make an entrance was Big Show (no ramps at the time) and that was only his head. My best seats (beside ringside) were the ones I had when I took a CAG sign a few years back. Someone even posted some screen caps of it but I don't have them.

[quote name='neocisco']So SD got Jericho, Punk and Mysterio? At least there they'll have a little better chance of putting on a good match.

The seats I've had before are now about $80 before surcharges. Those are just a few rows up from the floor. IMO, if you're not in the first 2 rows being on the floor sucks with everyone always standing up and blocking the view. I went to a SD taping once and was in about the 10th row on the floor. The only wrestler I could see make an entrance was Big Show (no ramps at the time) and that was only his head. My best seats (beside ringside) were the ones I had when I took a CAG sign a few years back. Someone even posted some screen caps of it but I don't have them.[/quote]

Oh ok.

I bought my tickets anyway and got two tickets for around $120 after all fees for section 113. First time going to a wrestling event live so I'm pretty stoked. :bouncy:

14557s_a.gif

Hope you have fun, man. I was in the nosebleeds for my first live show about 12 years ago but itw as still great (my parents hated wrestling, so never took me till I could pay for my own ticket even though I'd been watching for 7 years before that). You should have a good view from where you're at, though you'll miss the fun of interacting with the wrestlers.

I liked the draft picks year - Punk going to SD is a good move. I think he's had some of his best matches on SD, and he stands to get a more consistent push there than on Raw, where he went from world champion to being stuck in mid-card purgatory. Edge being without Vickie on SD is something I'm looking forward to - now he can be a serious act again instead of a serious/comedy one, and I like Jericho being on the show as well. He's done all there is to do on Raw, and the move to SD keeps him the hell away from HHH as well. Rey going back to SD is fantastic - he never seemed to fit in on Raw, and now he can go back "home" and hopefully stay in the main event mix for a while. The women's champions switching sides is fine by me - Melina can possibly help with SD's Hispanic fanbase like Rey, and Maryse's act is top-shelf, so I dig her being on the 'A' show.

The commentary throughout the show was just awesome. Beyond the Mathews nosebleed and the Office squabbling, I loved J.R. starting it off with this being THE MOST PIVOTALLY POWERFUL NIGHT IN THE WWE CALENDAR! and Cole sighing after talking about how much moving to Raw can change you. Striker being so upset by ECW getting the shaft was amusing, as was Grisham being so pro-SD after ONE WEEK on the show, and stating that the first-ever stretcher match was on Friday's SD. King looked even more ridiculous than usual with his orange skin and brightly-airbrushed shirt.

Match-wise, this was a better show than I expected it to be. Miz and Kofi had a really good match, as did Rey and Bourne for the...three seconds it lasted. Christian-Shelton was also quite good, and I dug the Stinger splash>Killswitch finish - it was a fairly seamless and logical execution of the move.

Quotes -

Cole - I know from personal experience that the draft can change your life…(Cole rolls eyes)
J.R. - THIS IS THE MOST POWERFULLY PIVOTAL NIGHT IN THE WWE CALENDAR!
Mathews - THE BROMANCE IS OVER!
Cole - Are they gonna split the Slammys up in the divorce? (Miz attacks Morrison)
Cole - LAST BRAND STANDING!
Striker - Draft picks…zero for ECW.
Striker - Josh, go in there and help Mark..
Lawler - THE BIG SHOW IS PUSHING AND POUNDING ON MARK HENRY!
(after Jericho is drafted to SD)Grisham - SAVE US, CHRIS!
Grisham - The two Canadians meet eye to eye…could they put SmackDown partners!?
(after Chilli is shown in the crowd)Striker - Don’t go chasing waterfalls…and stay away from Andre Raison’s house.
Striker - WE GOT ONE! I’M SPEECHLESS! I’m hoping for Cena, how about that?! IT’S THE MOSCOW MAULER! HE’S FROM A LAND WHERE A DRINK IS A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL! WELCOME TO THE LAND OF EXTREME!
Grisham - Last Friday, Matt Hardy defeated Jeff in the first-ever stretcher match!
Striker - This is the first time EVER for Tommy Dreamer versus Chris Jericho!
Striker - Some consider Tommy Dreamer an ECW legend.
Grisham - If Tommy Dreamer’s a legend than so to is the Brooklyn Brawler.
Striker - WOW!
J.R. - I’d agree with that.
(as Dreamer climbs to the top)Striker - Dreamer is zeppelin-like in his grace.
Grisham - We’d also have accepted a Hinderberg reference.
Cole - Orton cost Batista four monthels, months of his career, and more importantly, he prevented him from being at the 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF WRESTLEMANIA!
Cole - Batista can’t wait to do what he’s been dreaming about doing to Orton!
Lawler - SHANE JUST SPEARED BATISTA!
Lawler - HHH TAKES ON ORTON NEXT WEEK BECAUSE SHANE AND BATISTA WERE TIED UP WITH EACH OTHER! HHH GETS A CHANCE TO GET RID OF ALL THAT PENT UP FRUSTRATION WHEN HE GETS HIS HANDS ON ORTON NEXT WEEK!

Well, Smackdown/ECW is coming to Roanoke, VA on Tuesday, June 16th. I think I am going to get me some ringside seats when they start selling tickets April 18th.

[quote name='neocisco']

The seats I've had before are now about $80 before surcharges. Those are just a few rows up from the floor. IMO, if you're not in the first 2 rows being on the floor sucks with everyone always standing up and blocking the view. I went to a SD taping once and was in about the 10th row on the floor. The only wrestler I could see make an entrance was Big Show (no ramps at the time) and that was only his head. My best seats (beside ringside) were the ones I had when I took a CAG sign a few years back. Someone even posted some screen caps of it but I don't have them.[/quote]

Damn!

When I went to SD last year my seats were mid way down the ramp (I rested my arm on the "guard rail") and my tickets were only $35 the day before the event.

However, My ticket was for like 13 or 14th row so even though I was "front row" on the ramp I was actually quite a few rows back from the "first row". So I am not sure if all arenas do this but if you can find tickets that are $30-45 because the floor seats in the in 10-20 row and if they are around seats 1-3 then they are good seats. YMMV

That was a great 20 minute opening match from John Morrison and Evan Bourne. I never expected Morrison to win.

But aside from another match with Bourne and some matches with Christian, I can't see anything for Morrison on ECW. If Christian were to win the title and feud with Kozlov for a couple months, I could see Morrison taking the title around July or August.

The ideal scenario would be for a couple new top level guys (top level for EWC anyway) to be picked in the supplemental draft, and Morrison goes to Smackdown to feud with Rey Mysterio. Evan Bourne and Christian could feud with Swagger.

So.. (SmackDown spoilers)

Big Show, Matt Hardy, and Triple H get drafted to Raw.. yet all three appear on SmackDown this week?

[quote name='Scorch']So.. (SmackDown spoilers)

Big Show, Matt Hardy, and Triple H get drafted to Raw.. yet all three appear on SmackDown this week?
[/QUOTE]

That is why the whole concept of having three "brands" let alone a "draft" is a fucking joke. Why bother having any of this if Triple H continues to show up on RAW and Smackdown?

Wha... you expect him to grace ECW? As if...

I like Morrison a lot. I wish they did something with him instead of have him stay on ECW.

[quote name='Matt Young']That was a great 20 minute opening match from John Morrison and Evan Bourne. I never expected Morrison to win.

[/quote]

Yeah, that was a nice, hard-hitting match.

Every time I read about Striker's commentary it makes me want to start watching at least that show regularly again (The fact that it can be a nice break from the usual WWE stuff doesn't hurt either, as evidenced by the feedback on the Bourne-Morrison match). I can't believe Vince lets some of that commentary stuff go without reprimand...well, actually I can, since he probably doesn't care nearly as much about that show as he does the other two.

As far as the draft picks still wrestling on their now-former shows, I recall them doing the same thing in previous years, something about "filling their obligations" before everyone is locked in next week. With the way I've been reading about the rosters being mix-n-matched lately I'm guessing there will still be plenty of bleed-over though.

[quote name='Brak']Does anyone else think that Big Show is boring / corny?[/QUOTE]
I think he has moments where he's actually quite entertaining, but they are few and far between, so I agree with you. It's hard for the dude to stay relevant, they can't do the old Andre thing where they only bring him in once a month or whatever to make his appearances more special. Still, he's better off than the other freakshow attraction, who I hear is wasting in-ring time by kissing people now.

I need a 4000 point card asap. There's a whoooole bunch of Rock Band 2 songs and both RvS09 packs I need to get.

Supplemental Draft results so far - some tag teams are now separated =/

* Mr. Kennedy goes from SmackDown to RAW

* Shad Gaspard goes from RAW to SmackDown

* Alicia Fox goes from ECW to SmackDown

* Primo Colon goes from SmackDown to RAW

* Mike Knox goes from RAW to SmackDown (Mike Knox was on Raw?)

* Ezekiel Jackson goes from SmackDown to ECW

* Nikki Bella goes from SmackDown to RAW

* Candice Michelle goes from RAW to SmackDown

* Zack Ryder goes from SmackDown to ECW

* Chavo Guerrero goes from SmackDown to RAW

* Ricky Ortiz goes from ECW to SmackDown

* Layla goes from RAW to SmackDown

* Hornswoggle goes from ECW to RAW

* DH Smith goes from SmackDown to ECW

* John Morrison goes from ECW to SmackDown

* Carlito goes from SmackDown to RAW

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, THQ - "Hey let's release this game centered completely around old wrestlers. THEN let's release DLC of wrestlers who would fit perfectly into that same game, but for the other game we make which is based on current times."

Primo just got drafted to RAW.

Way to go WWE: unify the tag belts on the biggest stage in the business, and then less than two weeks later split up the champs.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Wow, THQ - "Hey let's release this game centered completely around old wrestlers. THEN let's release DLC of wrestlers who would fit perfectly into that same game, but for the other game we make which is based on current times."[/QUOTE]

Better to release DLC for a game people actually own, I suppose.

I may be alonein this, but I think the SvR engine shaped up well over the years. Sure, it's No Mercy, but aside from that gold standard, there have been zero American released 3D wrestling games that come close to SvR. Of course, I intentionally omit King of Colosseum, but while I adore that game engine, I don't think it's something American fans would enjoy.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Wow, THQ - "Hey let's release this game centered completely around old wrestlers. THEN let's release DLC of wrestlers who would fit perfectly into that same game, but for the other game we make which is based on current times."[/quote]

I think its a smart considering you can use SvR characters in LoW, so technically by making them DLC for SvR it can be a round about way DLC for both games. That's a whole lot acroynms in this post.

On the subject of the Big Show, I like him as a face comedy act. I think he is one the very few people that can pull off a funny upper mid-card (maybe even headliner) persona. As far as his matches go they are a pretty solid for 7 foot plus guy.

Earthquake, Doink and Vader great. Bushwhackers? Are you kidding me? Jobber tag team that didn't do any wrestling moves I can remember. They couldn't give us Road Warriors? Nasty Boys? British Bulldogs? I rather have Techno Team 2000 or the Body Donnas or the Heavenly Bodies or Well Dunn over the Bushwhackers.

[quote name='wildcpac']Earthquake, Doink and Vader great. Bushwhackers? Are you kidding me? Jobber tag team that didn't do any wrestling moves I can remember. They couldn't give us Road Warriors? Nasty Boys? British Bulldogs? I rather have Techno Team 2000 or the Body Donnas or the Heavenly Bodies or Well Dunn over the Bushwhackers.[/quote]

TT2K would be awesome.

I think it would be funny to Tag team based content but only one member from obscure teams. Like Troy of Techno team but not Travis.

[quote name='gareman']I think its a smart considering you can use SvR characters in LoW, so technically by making them DLC for SvR it can be a round about way DLC for both games. That's a whole lot acroynms in this post.
[/quote]

Wrong. Smackdown vs Raw 2009 roster was already on the LoWM disk. Your save for the game unlocked them in the game. There wasn't any "importing".

[quote name='wildcpac']Wrong. Smackdown vs Raw 2009 roster was already on the LoWM disk. Your save for the game unlocked them in the game. There wasn't any "importing".[/quote]

oooo sorry

[quote name='gareman']I think its a smart considering you can use SvR characters in LoW, so technically by making them DLC for SvR it can be a round about way DLC for both games. That's a whole lot acroynms in this post.[/quote]

LoWM doesn't support DLC. Look on the back of the box. It says nothing about download content. And as the other guy said, SvR roster was on the LoWM disk. It'd be nice if DLC for SvR was importable to LoWM.. I want Evan Bourne and Ted DiBiase Jr. in LoWM.

Funny, then, how I can import a CAW from SvR onto LoW.

Putting it out for SvR should let you import it onto LoW, though I haven't personally tried it. I don't have LoW anymore.

bread's done
Back