The X-Files 2 July 25, 2008 - New Yahoo Trailer

Big freaking movies spoilers

xfilesset1am1.jpg

xfilesset2qa5.jpg

xfilesset3sg3.jpg
http://www.joblo.com/excl-x-files-set-pics

[quote name='Kaijufan']I'm not sure how well that villain would work in an X-Files movie.[/QUOTE]

they have had one of those before in an episode

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FeUtHxIWl1w[/media]Another new trailer. Not great quality since it was recorded in a movie theater, but I did get a shiver down my spine at the end of the trailer.

i've never seen an episode or watched the movie of X-Files....is this for me?

do i need to watch the first movie AND the episodes, just the movie, just the episodes, or nothing at all to be able to understand/enjoy this movie?

obviously theres not a lot of info out right now about this movie right now, but its worth asking!

[quote name='becuzimbrown']i've never seen an episode or watched the movie of X-Files....is this for me?

do i need to watch the first movie AND the episodes, just the movie, just the episodes, or nothing at all to be able to understand/enjoy this movie?

obviously theres not a lot of info out right now about this movie right now, but its worth asking![/QUOTE]

since its a stand alone story, I doubt you would need to watch the show (though it would probably be for the better to catch everything)

[quote name='fart_bubble']since its a stand alone story, I doubt you would need to watch the show (though it would probably be for the better to catch everything)[/quote]

how many seasons are there? think i can catch up every episode + the movie before july 25 lol?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']how many seasons are there? think i can catch up every episode + the movie before july 25 lol?[/QUOTE]

there is 9 seasons though 6 are worth watching with some good episodes mixed into seasons 7-9.

It wouldn't be that hard as you can usually find the seasons for $19.99 or you can set up to record them on TNT and Sci-Fi (though it does suck that there are some that those channels never seem to re-air)

Hadn't followed this thread at all, but I see it's been discussed a bit above - heard a short blurb on the news that it would be following the TV series plot, but not involve an alien conspiracy. And I had to ask what the point was.

[quote name='botticus']And I had to ask what the point was.[/quote]

I think the point is to do a movie that will appeal to fans as well as people who may have found the mythology of the series too dense.

Personally I'm glad we're getting a monster-of-the-week type film instead of a mythology based one. Once they went down the whole super soldier route, the mythology episodes lost their appeal to me.

I want the teaser poster. Big time.

What's a good place to buy something like this online? They're going for ~$60 on Ebay...I'd like to snag it for a bit less.

_12069933374399.jpg

First trailer's up! Doesn't reveal a whole lot, but it's great to see M&S in action! Looks like Scully's gained some weight. :cry:

[quote name='bmachine']I want the teaser poster. Big time.

What's a good place to buy something like this online? They're going for ~$60 on Ebay...I'd like to snag it for a bit less.

_12069933374399.jpg
[/quote]
Movieposter.com has it for $11. I've never ordered from them before, maybe someone else here has?

[quote name='Kaijufan']Movieposter.com has it for $11. I've never ordered from them before, maybe someone else here has?[/quote]

I was all ready to be grateful for that link, but:
1 - Single sided? WTF?
2 - 13.5 x 20 inches? Movie posters are 27 x 40.
3 - Nothing less than $8.50 for shipping.

Thanks, though. I'm gonna keep looking!

[quote name='keithp']First trailer's up! Doesn't reveal a whole lot, but it's great to see M&S in action! Looks like Scully's gained some weight. :cry:[/quote]

She's in the last issue of Maxim, much to my dismay. She looks incredible, though.

[quote name='bmachine']I was all ready to be grateful for that link, but:
1 - Single sided? WTF?
2 - 13.5 x 20 inches? Movie posters are 27 x 40.
3 - Nothing less than $8.50 for shipping.

Thanks, though. I'm gonna keep looking!
[/quote]
Sorry I didn't even look at the size.

I also wouldn't mind buying the teaser poster if I can get it for a reasonable price, it's pretty cool.

I'm sure it will come down it price after the movie comes out.

Im on season 8 :)

Also, i added the "Jump the Shark" episode to wikipedias list of all the Mytharc episodes. Don't know why it wasn't on there.

In other news, a new trailer is supposed to come out in theatres during "The Happening" on June 13th.

Sorry to revive this thread.

Isn't Jump the Shark a season 9 episode?

It was great that they were able to finish up the Lone Gunmen story arch in that episode, and they got a pretty good exit. It put a huge smile on my face to see them get buried at Arlington National Cemetery, they deserved it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Isn't Jump the Shark a season 9 episode?

It was great that they were able to finish up the Lone Gunmen story arch in that episode, and they got a pretty good exit. It put a huge smile on my face to see them get buried at Arlington National Cemetery, they deserved it.[/quote]

Yea, it is.

I still have yet to see the first movie, or the remaining 2/3 of Season 9. The trailer made me wanna watch them though. >_

I just finished watching all 9 seasons of the X-files, and i gotta say, the ending was VERY satisfying for me. Can someone who wasn't satisfied by the end give me some things you felt it was missing so i can get a perspective?

How awesome would a 3rd X-files movie be on December 22, 2012 (the date the aliens are supposed to start to take over Earth)? Possibly called X-files 3: Colonization!?

I can't wait for the new movie! I wonder how him being an escaped convict will play out.

By the way, this is definetly one of my favorite TV shows of all time!

Some reviews are starting pop up! Check out this one from www.urbancinefile.com:

Review by Andrew L. Urban:
It's complicated - but not too much so. And I'm referring to the revived old relationship between Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) - as well as the plot. The fans will lap up this thrilling new feature that has gestated in the belly of the hugely popular series for years. From its no holds barred start to its heartfelt finish, the film is compelling entertainment, thanks in part to a great script and in part to the top performances.

Mature in every way, the film and its characters lead us scene by scene through a maze of clues and scares as the story elements start to converge. I don't want to spoil the revelations by saying more about that, except that it's clever and credible. The writers have woven a rich and complex story in which the characters move with great dramatic payoffs.

Duchovny and Anderson bring a maturity to their characters, infused with a well worked subtext about their relationship, which sustains throughout, without relying on gimmicks or stretches of credibility. Both actors bring depth and emotion to the film, as does the wonderful Billy Connolly, who clearly responded to the challenge of playing Father Joe, a repentant pedophile with a psychic gift - or is it just fantasy? Connolly is superbly in command of his character and shows us a level of complexity that elevates his support role to a higher plane.

Great support from Amanda Peet and Alvin Xzibit Joiner as FBI agents, the former very matter of fact and let's get the job done, the latter dismissive of Mulder and his openness to the psychic.

The film's great achievement is that even within the bounds of its genre as a supernatural thriller, it generates a much deeper resonance about a range of issues, from God and faith to the mysteries of daily life.
Here's a link to the Rotten Tomatoes page for the movie...only a few impressions so far, but they're all positive.

I've got my tickets for the first screening Friday morning...cannot freakin' wait! :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
If no one ever has, you need to find and watch some of Billy Connolly's stand up shows, they're funny as hell. He also did a series of travel films around the world which are hilarious.

bread's done
Back