The Xtacles, Nov. 9th @ midnight

Hello fellow CAGs,

I'm totally a lurker on the forums. I mostly listen to the podcast but I hope you won't hold that against me as I have a special request for you guys. I work at a place called 70-30 productions. We made Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo for Adult Swim. We are currently working on a Frisky Dingo spin-off called The Xtacles.

Cartoon Network informed us that they will be showing a sneak peek of The Xtacles ( the first two episodes) on Nov. 9th at midnight on Adult Swim.

We were surprised because we thought our show wouldn't be on the air until sometime next year but we are also really excited at the opportunity to show off our new show which we think is hilarious.

Here are a couple of clips for you guys to check out:

In those clips you heard the mighty voice talent of Marshall Bell (Quato busts out of his stomach in Total Recall), Michael Ian Black (of The State and Stella fame. I also heard he loves the 80's), Rachael Harris (super awesome Groundlings member whose been on Reno 911 and also loves the 80's), and of course, our neighbor Mr. Ford (seriously, he's our neighbor).

It would mean a lot to me if you guys checked out the show on Nov. 9th and told all the cool people you know to watch too.

Thanks for letting me self-promote. I'm excited to hear what you guys think.

Thanks again,

Casey (aka cdubthebabyshooter)

The only shows I ever liked on Adult Swim were Sea Lab, Robot Chicken, Venture Brothers and obviously Family Guy + Futurama. I couldn't stand the rest of the other crap. I just didn't get it I guess. If this is half as funny as sea lab, ill try to catch it sometime.

AWESOME! I'm a huge fan of Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo, probably my favorite original Adult Swim shows. My friends and I quote Captain Murphy all the time and use Boosh all the time when something cool occurs. An Xtacle spinoff sounds great. Thanks for letting me know. Boosh!

Loved SeaLab great show. But, give props to any thread that Mentions The State, god that show rocks.. Needs to come out on DVD. Won't watch as midnight is way past wife and I's bed time but good luck!

Sealab was the best - partly because the ridiculousness was draped across the stilted animation and heavy reuse of backgrounds that were staples of the original. It was cathartic rebellious fun, whacky profane adventures that openly parodied the preachy moral tone and boring scientific lectures of the original.

I guess I don't see as much entertainment value in a sci-fi comic book farce. I get the joke (variations on ironically having , encountering , or discussing ) but IMO the entertainment industry has driven this once-fresh concept into the ground (Spaceballs, Deadpool/Lobo, The Fifth Element - and after all this Family Guy came in to beat any remaining life out of the dead horse)

I know you guys love "the idea man" but I wish someone would take on these comic book movies in a fresh way. For example - I love how Halle Berry insists on reading all the lines of her XMan character Storm as if she was doing Shakespeare when it's obvious the writer was envisioning them as throw-away one-liners. And the actors with their problems, I mean Blade is going to jail for tax evasion, Iron Man is a recovering heroin user,etc etc - and then there's all the product placement --- basically I think there's some real comedy gold here.

I'm sorta worried about Xtacles... not enough Killface & Xander. Though there can never be enough Killface & Xander, I suppose.

I'll definitely be watching and I'll probably love it, but I have severe doubts of it being able to match Dingo...

[quote name='WeaponX2099']so will there be more frisky dingo besides the spin-off?[/quote]

Dingo is on hiatus right now. We're going to do the Xtacles for a while and then see what happens from there.

Thanks for all your support guys.

Yes, I believe the episode will be up on the AS site for those of you who don't want to stay up that late.

I'm getting really excited for Sunday night!

I will watch this show every night it is on. I loved Frisky Dingo it was the best show on AS ever. It orginal and never failed to make me laugh. I still watch the esp. I tivo. Instant Classic. I am really looking forward to the Xtacles. It look funny as shit.

Frisky Dingo is amazing...it rivals The Venture Brothers as my favorite thing on television.

I'm definitely setting the Tivo for this!

Can't watch the clips now, but I am so pumped for anything Frisky Dingo related. My favorite episode was the one with the Ahnnialatrix and the LARPers and the woman who played Debbie from Sealab would say "XXANNNDER CRUUUUZZZEEEE"

Seriously, I started watching AS with Space Ghost and haven't left since. I own all the
Sea Lab DVD's and have a few of the ATHF dvds. The communist packaging on the SeaLab season 3 DVD blew me away.

Please post often, or link to any updates you do on the AS site (I don't venture there much). Of all the Frisky Dingo characters, the Xtacles is a great choice for a spin off.

Thank you so much for the previews! Frisky Dingo was absolutely hysterical, and I look forward to The Xtacles, as well as the chance of more FD!

How did I miss this?! Frisky Dingo is tied with Home Movies as my favorite Adult Swim show. I suppose I can settle for a spin-off, but please, please, *please* give us more Frisky Dingo!

I dug it alot. Never saw much Frisky Dingo, so maybe that's why I liked it so much.

Will definitely be checking out the Frisky Dingo DVD's.

It's a toss up. First one was hilarious. The second one was annoying. Yes, I get it. Primates are funny. The word 'rape' is funny. Putting them together and alluding to both 15 times a minute should weaken my pelvic floor muscles.

I'm gonna have to demand those murdered brain cells back.

For the first two episodes I think they were pretty good, I could see it getting better over time. I know I grew to like Frisky Dingo more over time.

On Frisky Dingo, it always seems like no matter how ridiculous it got, there was an underlying intellect. Xander and Killface were never as dumb as they appeared.

The Xtacles were as dumb as they appeared. There was no "intellectual redemption", at least not in the first 2 episodes.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

[quote name='bmachine']On Frisky Dingo, it always seems like no matter how ridiculous it got, there was an underlying intellect. Xander and Killface were never as dumb as they appeared.

The Xtacles were as dumb as they appeared. There was no "intellectual redemption", at least not in the first 2 episodes.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it.[/QUOTE]

But the ship was smart enough for all of them. If they actually listened to her.

Overall, I loved both episodes. SeaLab 2021 and Frisky Dingo were my favorite shows on Adult Swim. The Xtacles has that overall feel of those shows and is a nice extension of the Friday Dingo universe.

bread's done
Back