The_Continental's trivia contest #7 - CLEAVER wins it! FIFA Street (xbox)

The_Continental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Winners thus far:

Cleaver - RE: Dead Aim (round 1)
Stealthy Seal - NOLF 2 (round 2)
Zewone - NOLF 2 (round 2)
Kaw - Roadkill and Enclave (Round 3)
Kaw - Bombastic (Round 4)
Kaw - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 xbox (round 5)
Marginal - KUF: Crusaders xbox (Round 6)
Cleaver - FIFA Street (Round 7)

The seventh round of free game trivia is here. The first person to post a full correct answer will win a sealed copy of FIFA Street for the xbox.

246673.jpg

Question:

How does the person that spends a good deal of his life growing pumpkins relate to William Preston, Theodore Logan, and Carl 'C.J.' Johnson?

edit/hint: The person in question actually exists. He isn't a character in a comic book, movie, or whatever. (thanks EvilMax)

Remember - a full answer will include all names, references, etc... This one should be pretty easy.

Good luck.

The person who grows pumpkins is Dr. Jonathon Crane, aka The Scarecrow from Batman Begins. He is played by Cillian Murphy. Cillian plays in a Frank Zappa-influenced band called 'Sons of Mr. Greengenes'. He is a musician.

Carl Johnson (from GTA) is voiced by Young Maylay, a rapper, a musician.

Bill + Ted are both in Wild Stalions, musicians.

Further more, they are all "aspiring" musicians, as none of them have really made it.

Edit: Further further FURTHER more, they all rely on something else for their success. Young Maylay is hoping to capitalize on GTA, Cillian falls back on Frank Zappa for his music, and Bill + Ted are relying on historical figures (and roufus) in order to pass (and thus go on to their musical careers).

[quote name='evilmax17']The person who grows pumpkins is Dr. Jonathon Crane, aka The Scarecrow from Batman Begins. He is played by Cillian Murphy. Cillian plays in a Frank Zappa-influenced band called 'Sons of Mr. Greengenes'. He is a musician.

Further more, they are all "aspiring" musicians, as none of them have really made it.

Edit: Further further FURTHER more, they all rely on something else for their success. Young Maylay is hoping to capitalize on GTA, Cillian falls back on Frank Zappa for his music, and Bill + Ted are relying on historical figures (and roufus) in order to pass (and thus go on to their musical careers).[/QUOTE]

not trying to correct you, but its [size=-1]Wyld Stallyns ( remembered they had some weird spelling of their band name and googled it)

[/size]

What the fuck.. what kind of question is that, and how the hell did max know all that useless information? Especially the person who grows the pumpkins.. wtf

Damn - fantastic answer. I should specify - the person in question actually exists. he (or she) isn't a character in a comic book, movie, or whatever.

[quote name='evilmax17']The person who grows pumpkins is Dr. Jonathon Crane, aka The Scarecrow from Batman Begins. He is played by Cillian Murphy. Cillian plays in a Frank Zappa-influenced band called 'Sons of Mr. Greengenes'. He is a musician.

Edit: Further further FURTHER more, they all rely on something else for their success. Young Maylay is hoping to capitalize on GTA, Cillian falls back on Frank Zappa for his music, and Bill + Ted are relying on historical figures (and roufus) in order to pass (and thus go on to their musical careers).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's right, Wyld Stallyns - "how can we have a great band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar?"

[quote name='CaseyRyback']not trying to correct you, but its [size=-1]Wyld Stallyns ( remembered they had some weird spelling of their band name and googled it)

[/size][/QUOTE]

just wondering, the person that grows pumpkins... is that a specific person, or a general statement about people who grow pumpkins

Mike Patton of Faith No More did a track (The Perfect Crime) on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Faith No More has Midlife Crisis on the GTA:SA soundtrack, and Faith No More member Jim Martin is a pumpkin grower and pround owner of the world's 235th biggest pumpkin.

There is/was an actor named William Preston isn't there? Is the William Preston you are referring to the fictional "Bill" from Bill & Teds or is it the real William Preston?

Cleaver,

You're the man! although it wasn't only patton that did The Perfect Crime - it was Faith no More.

Awesome man - awesome.

PM me an address, and I'll ship out your game this Saturday.

Congrats!

[quote name='cleaver']Mike Patton of Faith No More did a track (The Perfect Crime) on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, Faith No More has Midlife Crisis on the GTA:SA soundtrack, and Faith No More member Jim Martin is a pumpkin grower and pround owner of the world's 235th biggest pumpkin.[/QUOTE]

FYI - from a pm cleaver sent me.

[quote name='Cleaver']When I saw there likely wasn't any connection involving the voice actor for C.J., I figured the likely connection was the soundtrack for a Bill & Ted movie and GTA, partially because you had another trivia question where the connection was the soundtracks, which I kicked myself for missing. Through imdb I looked for guys involved in both, and then googled Faith No More and pumpkin and got like a million hits. [/quote]

bread's done
Back