TheGiveAway.com

[quote name='Redeema']The Kindle is up now, but the problem with voicing an opinion is that I don't want to sign up for Facebook to tell them what's up, I know I can send an email, but I think it's weird that you have this sort of one sided conversation for only the people who use Facebook meanwhile you're leaving out a crap ton of us who refuse to use the 'book.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Redeema, I don't know what else to tell you. Other than emailing them at [email protected], Facebook is really the only other option you'd have. I know they answer emails if you send them a message. They also check this forum out from time to time as well if you want to post something for them to check out. Maybe you could jump onto their facebook page and suggest some other preferred methods of communication you'd like to see take place ;)

[quote name='spanktastic']Another Kindle coming up soon, either before or after the XBOX 360 Kinect package, as a show of good faith for those who encountered errors during the last giveaway. The guys are also adding servers to make sure that error doesn't happen again.

They are also restocking the prize bin in the next 48 hours. They are going to have some pretty good stuff they are giving away soon.

You can get updates from them on their facebook page at any time. Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=184121611598936

If you have any prize suggestions or questions/concerns with the site, please be sure to stop by the discussion forum and add your two cents. All advice/criticism/suggestions are welcome and encouraged.[/QUOTE]

Thats just awesome, major props to them for going out of their way to do that. Its just my luck that I passed out soon after that first Kindle drawing, oh well, maybe I"ll have better luck next time :D.

This Kindle will definitely help out with the Chinese auction we will be doing in the coming months to help raise funds for my wife's upcoming medical procedure.. :)

Congrats on the kindle Bigles!
I was pysched that they put another up so soon, and with such a short window. I was hammering away on it when it went. Was also glad to not have the 503 errors I was getting plagued with on the last one!

I suppose all the candy prizes are part of a Valentine's Day theme.

There goes the 360. I wonder if the PSN card will go after midnight.

Very much doubt I'll win anything, my luck is just too unforgiving. Last five attempts failed by a few seconds.

Maybe not impossible, but close.

I was putting in the code and missed the Xbox Kinect bundle by 1 min!!!!!!! Ugh!

Not interested in the candy, will just wait and keep watching.

woooo... i won some gourmet lollypops!!... i wasnt even going to try, but with only 25 minutes left to win i figured it was worth a shot. Good to know it is possible to win i guess.

Do people actually try to win at the very start of an auction, or wait til it gets closer to the end, i feel like its always at least 4 hrs after somethings posted until someone wins.

[quote name='sellout49']woooo... i won some gourmet lollypops!!... i wasnt even going to try, but with only 25 minutes left to win i figured it was worth a shot. Good to know it is possible to win i guess.

Do people actually try to win at the very start of an auction, or wait til it gets closer to the end, i feel like its always at least 4 hrs after somethings posted until someone wins.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't bother clicking until somewhere in the middle of the timespan, but victory can happen at any time. The past few drawings happened this far apart:

2h 11m
3h 26m
8h 1m
3h 45m
1h 5m
4h 34m

So it can happen in as little as an hour, or as much as just before the end. It really just depends on how badly you want to try and win something.

[quote name='spanktastic']Kevin @ thegiveaway.com responds to Jack-Hunter's post on CAG.
[/QUOTE]

I just found their youtube channel with the responses today...thought it was very cool they made one about our guy. The hate mail is hilarious, people get so mad for sitting there clicking away for 12 hours and not getting something for free. :cool: Deal with it.

Just when I thought I couldn't love thegiveaway.com anymore.

My first click of the day and I won a copy of Inception. Sweet.

Now I just need to see what I can exchange it for since I already own Inception.

Thanks OP for the site.

Edit: Chad helped me out and gave me a movie that I wanted. Thegiveaway.com is awesome. Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaay another PS3 is finally up! I'm going to be clicking away until I gotta head out to class...and hopefully if I can't win it now it'll still be there when I come back. I have a feeling I don't have to worry much though, from looking at the past "big" prizes they usually don't end until the last 2 hours or so.

I received my Samsung Blu-Ray player today. It came direct shipped from Best Buy, so this site is legitimate after all. I tried to not get my hopes up, lest I be disappointed, but it really came. It'll make a swell gift for my mom. I'll just have to move her VCR out of the way first.

[quote name='Kulluminatii']Yaay another PS3 is finally up! I'm going to be clicking away until I gotta head out to class...and hopefully if I can't win it now it'll still be there when I come back. I have a feeling I don't have to worry much though, from looking at the past "big" prizes they usually don't end until the last 2 hours or so.[/QUOTE]

So what were you saying? :lol:

Don't worry, I missed it too. I thought it would last a while, but closed at around 9. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Yamato']So what were you saying? :lol:

Don't worry, I missed it too. I thought it would last a while, but closed at around 9. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, so much for that theory :lol:.

Oh well, there is always next time, and the time after that...and so on and so forth ;).

That PS3 should have been mine, dammit! My wife on the desktop computer, me on the laptop, and her brother on his laptop... all trying. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Missed the Coach bag by seconds. Missed the Move bundle by seconds. ARRRGGGHHH. Both times I looked away for a handful of seconds and it was gone.

If I would have just kept clicking..

Curious how quickly anyone who won was clicking on this. Fast as humanly possible?

Those videos are great btw; went through and watched a bunch.

Finally won! Got the copy of The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray. Insomnia combined with all that clicking finally paid off!

[quote name='genoboost']Finally won! Got the copy of The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray. Insomnia combined with all that clicking finally paid off![/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='trig']got a glass of water, killzone gone...[/QUOTE]

Haha, similar things have happened to me more times than I want to remember...just keep on truckin' along, eventually you'll get it :).

An interesting question for you guys.
When you guys are clicking for an item and someone else wins it, is it normally won when you are not at the computer or while you are clicking at the computer?

I feel like whenever I take a break the item is over but rarely have I been actively clicking when the item got won by another person.

Any thoughts guys?

BTW the ipad is up ^^

ooooh, missed bulletstorm by a captcha! '...try again, get it free, captcha, try again, GONE.' sigh. Glad to see killzone and bulletstorm are coming right back up again, gonna try again. although winning the ipad in the meantime wouldn't suck either...

For me, Genxsis. Im usually clicking when somebody else wins it. Happened with the 50$ PSN card and Killzone 3 today... and numerous times in the past, but it's the nature of the game... "seconds off" :(

Part of that feeling of it being won while you step away briefly is because those instances stick out in your mind more. Though there are a *LOT* more people playing it seems than it was when I won the Kinect sensor... it just takes one lucky click.

[quote name='genxsis83']An interesting question for you guys.
When you guys are clicking for an item and someone else wins it, is it normally won when you are not at the computer or while you are clicking at the computer?

I feel like whenever I take a break the item is over but rarely have I been actively clicking when the item got won by another person.

Any thoughts guys?

BTW the ipad is up ^^[/QUOTE]

[quote name='genoboost']Finally won! Got the copy of The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray. Insomnia combined with all that clicking finally paid off![/QUOTE]

I loaded the page at 3:27 am and it said genoboost one at 3:27 am. That was funny and sad.

I think this site would be improved if you could select your time zone. Not too big a deal, but it would help some of us.

Last night I clicked for 35 minutes straight for the iPad. One of the ads popped up and it looked kinda' interesting, so I followed the link. Looked at the site for about 20 seconds, decided it wasn't what I thought, went back to GiveAway, and the iPad was gone. Sonofa!!!!!

Ah well... Next time I won't stop clicking until I either get the item or it's gone.

It looks like lots of people are having good luck with this, I'm gonna have to start clicking more than just 20 times a couple times a day :p

I know I click'd the iPad at the same time as "Jennifer" but I guess she was a microsecond faster.

bread's done
Back