Think you're good at Shadow of the Colossus? *colossus spoilers*

Yeah, I downloaded the whole lot about a week ago. That move he pulled on the "bird" (#5 I believe), jumping from one wing to the other during a barrel roll. Amazing. :shock:

#16..... Holy crap.
It took me like 2 hours the first time I beat it because I kept falling off his fucking hand until i realizeed what you were supposed to do. This dude has an amazing strategy.

I'm marking this thread for myself; once I beat the game (which should come along faster once I *start* the game), I want to come back to these videos.

Also, just a side note, the #16 strat is NOT possible on the North American release, but a modified version is. The theory is that, if you run along really close to the tunnels, he thinks you're in them, and aims lower so they don't hit you.

Still, very impressive. -_- I've been trying to replicate them on Time Attack with very little success xD

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm marking this thread for myself; once I beat the game (which should come along faster once I *start* the game), I want to come back to these videos.[/QUOTE]

Same, only I'm marking it for when I *buy* the game, hehe. I really want this though. The Vids are amazing though.

[quote name='DT778']kinda makes me want to start on the time attack mode.[/QUOTE]

I think it'd be cool to set up a thread (or make this one it) where CAGers compete for the best Time Attack times? Give the game some much-needed longetivity, although I don't know if anyones up for it :p.

I've played thru time attack mode on Hard diffuculty and I just couldn't figure out how to beat #3 or #4 within the time limit. Now I know exactly how feeble my attempts were.:cry:

Amazing stuff!

[quote name='Professor Oreo']I've played thru time attack mode on Hard diffuculty and I just couldn't figure out how to beat #3 or #4 within the time limit. Now I know exactly how feeble my attempts were.:cry:

Amazing stuff![/QUOTE]

Does that mean you beat all the others, or did it in order and only beat #1 and #2? 'cause I need some help on beating #16 super quickly on hard mode time attack, yo. -_-.

[quote name='LaseK']Does that mean you beat all the others, or did it in order and only beat #1 and #2? 'cause I need some help on beating #16 super quickly on hard mode time attack, yo. -_-.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I mean I was able to beat all of them except #3 and #4.

For 16, I just started out on the right hand side of the first staircase, and ran straight up to that broken pillar on the right. He shouldn't be able to hit you behind it. Just run into that first hole to your right and keep running thrugh the normal route to reach him. Once you get on his head you'll have to take breaks between stabbing him to regain your strength by standing on the back of his neck. You should be able to kill him with plenty of time left.

[quote name='kill3r7']#5 was one of my favorite Colossi to slay. It was just amazing.[/QUOTE]

Mine too. It felt more satisfying to kill it than most of the others for some reason.

[quote name='Greetard']Mine too. It felt more satisfying to kill it than most of the others for some reason.[/QUOTE]

It was also my favorite, but more for the method in which you have to "board" it. I'll never forget the first time I saw it circle back towards me and swoop in.

I thought #13 was definitely a better flying beast, ridiculously easy though, it was the easiest colossus besides #6, which took me a little over three or four minutes my first try during the regular game.

[quote name='Ledhed']It was also my favorite, but more for the method in which you have to "board" it. I'll never forget the first time I saw it circle back towards me and swoop in.[/QUOTE]

Totally. Up until that point, I thought they were all going to be ground-based...it was a good surprise, and I haven't felt a rush that jumping onto it produced in a long, long time.

After much practising, I can now do the #3 launch almost every time. It's pretty awesome, speeds up my time attacks by at least a full minute.

bread's done
Back