Thinkin of getting a PSP but...

DM7000

CAGiversary!
Okay I am really thinking about getting a PSP but I am not sure if I should get one of the old ones or get a slim PSP. Are there any definite advantages to getting a Slim PSP cause the regular PSP is somewhat cheaper? Any help would be appreciated.

IMO, the phatty feels 'nicer' in my hands. It's heavier, a little bigger and i really like the matte finish and front face plate. It just looks and feels like a $200 machine. Unfortunately it hurt my hands after a few hours and was a battery destroyer.

The slim feels a little 'cheaper' than the phatty but it's nice nonetheless. I find it to be much more portable than the phatty and it gets amazing battery life with an extended pack. The colors are also fly as hell.

I'd recommend the slim as a lot of the new accessories and firmware functions are only available for it and not the phatty.

[quote name='cochesecochese']IMO, the phatty feels 'nicer' in my hands. It's heavier, a little bigger and i really like the matte finish and front face plate. It just looks and feels like a $200 machine. Unfortunately it hurt my hands after a few hours and was a battery destroyer.

The slim feels a little 'cheaper' than the phatty but it's nice nonetheless. I find it to be much more portable than the phatty and it gets amazing battery life with an extended pack. The colors are also fly as hell.

I'd recommend the slim as a lot of the new accessories and firmware functions are only available for it and not the phatty.[/quote]

Not meaning to go off the intended track of this thread but could you explain those extended battery packs like do you put it in place of your original PSP Slim battery, and where do you get them.

Thanks

I'm happy with my phatty. Some clearance accessories like the awesome Psyclone speakers only fit with the phat.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Not meaning to go off the intended track of this thread but could you explain those extended battery packs like do you put it in place of your original PSP Slim battery, and where do you get them.

Thanks[/quote]

No problem.

The extended battery pack is just a repackaged 2200 mAh battery with special battery covers that fit the slim. Here's the amazon page where you can see the image. Shop around because you can probably find a better price than what they're asking. As with all battery purchases be sure to buy retail and NOT eBay.

You just pop out the slim battery and pop in the new battery and new cover. It bulges out of the back of the slim a bit but I feel that it's worth it considering just how much extended life you get out of it.

bread's done
Back