Thinking about a Prius... Any experiences?

pacifickarma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
I'm currently thinking of buying a 2008 Touring Edition Toyota Prius. I took one for a test drive a couple of days ago and really liked the car. Has anyone here had any experiences with the Prius?

I own a 2007 Prius (non-Touring edition).

On average, I get about 44 mpg, but I have gotten as high as an average of 52 mpg. I don't live in a city, so I'm not sure what suburbia counts as in the whole city/highway thing. It's really nice to go about 440 miles for $26.

I have only owned my Prius since July, but everything is cool so far. Obviously acceleration could be better, but I don't mind it. I like knowing that it doesn't really need much maintenance. Change the oil every 5000 miles, rotate tires every 10k. Brakes should be fine for a long time due to regenerative brakeing.

So yeah, I really don't desire owning any other car. I have a part-time job as a valet parker so I've driven some nice cars, but I still appreciate my Prius.
Hope that helps!

Oh, I guess I should talk about my mileage. I get really terrible mileage because my commute is really short (generally low 40s). I can't say I'm not an aggressive driver tho, so I'm sure my driving it part of it. On longer trips, I have gotten 50+. When my car goes to electric mode when I slow down, it feels like it's about to stall, and it took a while for me to get used to that because my old car actually would stall at low speeds. The drive is very smooth, and it's decently zippy.

I got the Prius because it's the only car that's a hatchback and hybrid. I've taken all sorts of furniture and random junk around in the back. It's been real handy. People feel pretty comfortable sitting in my car, too. I've had it for 2 years, and I still really like the car. Haven't had any problems in terms of performance, aside from the check engine light occasionally randomly turning on.

I love my Prius!

While I love how quiet it is and the reverse camera, gas mileage is where it really counts. My drive to work is great because it is mostly city miles and doesn't use a lot of gas. For longer trips it does good too, but not as good as city driving. With the cost of gas today, I couldn't image driving a non-hybrid car. My wife and I drove from WI to NE, then from NE to TN and finally TN back to WI... we filled up our 10 gallon tank only 4.5 times the entire trip (the half is because we stopped to eat and just decided to fill up even though we were only at half a tank.)

Anyways, it is a pretty affordable hybrid option.

bread's done
Back