Thinking about getting a 22"

mibu

CAG Veteran
Hey I was thinking about getting a 22" monitor for my 360, but I am also gonna use it for my pc also. The problem is, is that its native resolution is high and I am afraid my video card won't be able to handle cod4 at 1650x1050. Can you change between resolution to 1280x1024 without it looking stretched out and horrible?

thanks

Um instead of using 1280x1024 use a 16:10 resolution which is what 1680x1050 is. I have a 22inch monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050 and I run all my games on 1280x800. My monitor scales really nicely so its all good. Sad thing is the motherfucker broke and the manufacturer hasn't repaired it yet.

I bought an HP w2207 and use it for my computer and xbox; its great and scales great. Its 16:10 1680 x 1050 native. I too was affraid it wouldn't scale well but then I read some posts and gave it a try and couldn't me happier since my PC monitor is nice than my actual TV.

You can play games at lower 16:10 resolution such as 1280x800. Widescreen resolution scaling is just like full screen, except in 16:10 ratio.

[quote name='mibu']Hey I was thinking about getting a 22" monitor for my 360, but I am also gonna use it for my pc also. The problem is, is that its native resolution is high and I am afraid my video card won't be able to handle cod4 at 1650x1050. Can you change between resolution to 1280x1024 without it looking stretched out and horrible?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Always use the same aspect ratio as the monitor (16:10) if you can. It depends on the monitor whether or not it will scale a lower resolution up well. That's why I love CRTs, no native resolution so everything looks exactly like it's supposed to.

I have a Hanns G HW223D and just ordered the VGA cable hookups from newegg the other day. I'll let you know how it looks when they arrive.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']That's why I love CRTs, no native resolution so everything looks exactly like it's supposed to.[/quote]

Say amen somebody! My current CRT weighs a friggn' ton and takes up way too much desk space, but damn do I love it. Still haven't seen an affordable flat screen that is as crisp and clear.

I got the joytech VGA cables today. So far hooking everything up was very easy. I set the resolution to 1280x768 since that's the closest thing to 16:10, but it was horribly off center and seemed stretched. I put it on 1280x1024 and it worked fine. There's a bit of stretching but I'm already used to it. It's really weird that my monitor will support 1280x1024 but not 1280x768.

bread's done
Back