Thinking about renewing my tax id...

Sooner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A while back, I registered a DBA and got a tax id, but ended up not being able to get funds from where I was hoping, so I didn't end up selling anything, and thus had to cancel my tax id(also called a sales permit or resellers license).

Anyway, I'm thinking about forming plans to renew the license and sell games online(was planning to do computer parts last time). So, I was wondering if anyone happened to know what the wholesale price of most current games are, or the wholesale price for the Xbox360. I'll probably mostly skip GC and PS2 as those companies still have new systems coming out in the coming months, and it will take me a while to formulate a plan... if this even goes anywhere.

Would you buy games from a company named Vertigo Computers(that's the old DBA I registered), or should I come up with a new name to register? Obviously for this question you don't count if you wouldn't buy games from me simply because I wouldn't have a big name backing me.

That leads me to my next, and last(for now at least) question. How willing would you be to buy from a newly started company, that wasn't well known, and probably had a less than amazing selection? How good would the prices/deals have to be to convince you?

Also, does anyone have any experience with something similar to this? Any tips/suggestions?

Well, if it's video games, I wouldn't buy from someone that seemed like a computer store, like games were an afterthought. The name is so tough.

Have you considered selling on ebay to get a momentum going?

Yeah, if I did this, I would probably make a big % of my sales on e-bay at least until I could get a decent website up and fully running. If I can come up with a good name, registering it isn't any trouble. I'd have to go to OK City, but that's not that big of a deal compared to everything else.

At one point, I had thought if my computer store ever expanded, I would just make the other stuff sort of an extension. I never put much thought into it though. How does Vertigo Gaming or something sound? hehe

Anyone got a suggestion for a name? :D

Or can anyone answer any of my other questions?

bread's done
Back