Thinking of selling my video game collection & etc...

hotohori420

CAGiversary!
I have compiled a list of video games, strategy guides and other video game items that I'd like to sell on ebay or some sort of site. I was just wondering what you guys think of how much it could go for.

Video Games List

PS1
Breath of Fire 3 & 4
Chrono Cross w/guide
Final Fantasy Tactics w/guide in bad condition
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Legend of Mana w/guide
Mega Man 8 Collector’s Edition
Mega Man X5 & X6
Rampage World Tour
Saga Frontier 1 & 2 w/guide for 1
Suikoden 1 & 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Time Crisis
Brave Fencer Musashi w/FFVIII demo w/guide
Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX w/guides for VIII & IX
Star Ocean: The Second Story w/guide
Tales of Destiny 1 & 2 w/ToD 2 guide
Alundra
Final Fantasy Anthology
Grandia w/guide
Legend of Dragoon w/guide
Parasite Eve w/guide
Resident Evil 2
Vagrant Story w/guide
Valkyrie Profile w/guide
Wild Arms w/guide
Xenogears
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete w/guide
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete w/guide

PS2
.hack//GU Vol 1 - 3 w/guide for 1
Arcana Heart
Atelier Iris
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter w/guide
Devil May Cry 1 - 3 w/guide for DMC 1 & 3
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII w/guide
Final Fantasy X & X-2 w/guides for X & X-2(LE)
Final Fantasy XII LE w/LE guide (Balthier cover)
Growlanser Generation Deluxe
Metal Gear Solid 3 LE w/guide
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 w/guide for 1 and 2 LE
Mega Man X8
Odin Sphere
Okami w/guide
Persona 3 & 4 w/guides for 3 & 4
Radiata Stories w/guide
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Shadow Hearts Covenant w/guide
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Star Ocean Till the End of Time w/guide
Suikoden 3 - 5 & Tactics w/guides for IV & V
Tales of the Abyss w/guide
Tales of Legendia w/guide
Valkyria Profile 2
Warriors Orochi 2
Wild Arms: Alter Code F w/ guide
Xenosaga 1 - 3 & w/ guides for 1, 2 & 3 LE
Yakuza 2
Zone of the Enders 2

Dreamcast
Sonic Adventure
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Soul Calibur
Grandia 2 w/guide

PS3
Metal Gear Solid IV LE w/Hideo Kojima autograph w/LE guide
Deus EX: Human Revolution
Castlevania: Lord of Shadow LE
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII w/LE guide
Dynasty Warriors 7

DS
White DS w/white case
Acekard*
Bleach DS 2
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow w/guide
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Chrono Trigger
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (sealed)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon w/guide
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
Jump Ultimate Stars
Super Robot Taisen W
The World Ends with You w/guide

Miscellaneous
Final Fantasy XIII LE OST
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Advent Pieces: Limited Edition (limited to 77,777 pieces, sold in Japan only)
Chrono Trigger SNES guide
Secret of Mana Guide
Borderlands for PC
God of War 3 guide
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories w/LE GBA SP
Sword of Mana (GBA) w/guide
working SNES Program Pad
Battlestar Galactica the Complete Series (Blu Ray)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say how much all those games would go for but if I had to take a guess I'd say at least $500 total (not including miscellaneous items). You're not going to get a lot for most of the games for "old" systems like the PS1 or PS2 (with the possible exception of rare games like Lunar).

My advice is do not attempt to sell the games in "lots"; list every game individually. You'll likely end up with more in the long run (since most people aren't going to want all your games for each system). eBay frequently has promotions where the listing fees are waived so it won't cost extra. I suggest making a note at the bottom of each auction saying you're selling a lot of games and offering some sort of deal on the shipping (i.e., shipping is $3 for the first game but free for any additional auctions you win). This will encourage people to check out / bid on all of your auctions. You could look up individual games to try and see how much they'll go for but generally your best bet on eBay is to list them for a low starting bid (the lowest you'd be happy with) to get more people interested.

Alternatively, you could try to list the games on half.com (which is owned by eBay) or Amazon marketplace or a "buy it now" on eBay but they'll obviously take longer to sell than an auction.

Incidentally I want a few of the games on your list, so I may bid on your auctions :) Good luck.

You're on CAG, might as well throw up prices and see who's interested (I for one would be interested in a lot of your stuff). You'll save on fees, and won't have to deal with jerks. You could even do a LowBall auction here if you want.

I love eBay and buy a lot of stuff off of it, but sellers who think they have gold and set their games and guides way too high with "buy it now", never sell them. People go towards the auctions that start at $.99 and try to get it for a reasonable price.

Anyways, good luck and let us know what you plan on doing, so I can see if I want anything.

there's certainly a good amount of games here I would be interested in buying or trading for, you could do what most traders here do and throw up a list along with prices or just put up an auction; if you want to check prices on the games it's probably best to check amazon, it's usually a good estimator but if your interested in doing some trades hit me up with a pm

I'm mainly interested in Growlanser Generations Deluxe. Possibly a couple other of your PS 1 / PS2 titles.

I'd say this would go on ebay for $1250+ given that you have the guides to go along with a lot of your games (I'm also assuming your games are all complete with manual and original cases). The PS1 games alone would probably fetch you around $750 (before fees) on ebay. The newer gen stuff is more accessible and will fetch less. Having said that, I will PM you with a list of games I'm interested in.

Edit: Sorry, I'm late to the game by about a month.

bread's done
Back