This Friday (11/2) only - 50% off clearance games at Compusa

And whether there is one remotely near you, that also is another story. Good luck to those who can take advantage of this.

There are probably some great deals to be had. I still am annoyed all 3 of my local CompUSA's closed. It sucks missing out on these deals.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']There are probably some great deals to be had. I still am annoyed all 3 of my local CompUSA's closed. It sucks missing out on these deals.[/quote]

All I remember from CompUSA is that they suck.

I have never had any luck getting good deals, and the stores are almost as bad as GS.

[quote name='bigdaddy']All I remember from CompUSA is that they suck.

I have never had any luck getting good deals, and the stores are almost as bad as GS.[/QUOTE]

I guess some stores were better than others. The one closest to me had deals like God of War for $11 when the MSRP was still $50, PSP games for $12.49 when they were $39.99 everywhere else, Nintendo Monopoly for $9.99 when it was $29.99 elsewhere etc. Deals like that are why I miss them.

There's one about 15 mins away from my school, I've never been there so I have no idea what they have though.

Thank you Comp USA for keeping southeastern VA stores open! lol. If anyone has an idea of what the clearance items might be, I'd sure like to know. I got a moniter once there, but that was about it. The only clue of "sale" games on the ad is full priced Halo 3 and Madden.

[quote name='SpazX']There's one about 15 mins away from my school, I've never been there so I have no idea what they have though.[/quote]
Could you try? I've never heard of someone so close to such a high end store. All I have is radio shack and they sell over priced crap, and the decent price that they do sell is horrific.
If you could it'd be appreciated. Thx

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Could you try? I've never heard of someone so close to such a high end store. All I have is radio shack and they sell over priced crap, and the decent price that they do sell is horrific.
If you could it'd be appreciated. Thx[/quote]
Yeah I'll go since my last class on Friday ends at 11:50am anyway. It'll be the Richmond, VA one though so I dunno if it'll help you out any if you live closer to the Newport News or Norfolk ones :p.

Wonder if this includes Discontinued Games? Cause if so this is basically the better version of the B1G1 Free a couple of weeks (maybe 2 weeks I forget now) ago.

10/19 - 10/20
[quote name='maximumzero']Basically, I work at a CompUSA and according to our In-Store 3-day Ad you can purchase one Videogame and get a Clearance game or equal or lesser value free.

Clearance games Should be anything with "N##" or "D01" after the UPC code at the bottom of the price tag, though I haven't tried so YMMV.[/quote]

List of Clearance items last time [List came from last thread and all credit goes to them]

Xbox 360

Here's what I can remember right now for 360. All of these ranged from $17 to $40:
Shadowrun
Battlestations Midway
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II
Call of Juarez
Saints Row
Gears of War ($49.99)
Rockstar Table Tennis
Kameo
Rainbow Six Vegas
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
C&C Tiberium Wars
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Need for Speed Carbon
Fight Night Round 3
Blazing Angels
PGR3
All-Pro Football 2K8
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Burnout Revenge
Full Auto
Just Cause
Chromehounds
Amped 3
Samurai Warriors 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires
Earth Defense Force 2017
Blitz The League
Fuzion Frenzy 2
UEFA Champions League 2006-07
DDR Universe
And all the standard EA Sports titles

Wii [Unknown but * are ones that are more likely to be clearanced ^ Confirmed on the old [D01 / N01] Clearance list]

Anubis II - $19.99*
Surfs Up - $19.99*
Farcry Vengeance - $19.99
Shrek the Third - $24.99*
Madden NFL 07 - $24.99*
Mortal Kombat Armageddon - $25.99^
SSX Blur - $26.99^
Prince of Persia Rival Swords - $26.99*
Monster 4X4 World Circuit w/ Wheel - $26.99*
Resident Evil 4 - $29.99
Super Monkey Ball - $29.99
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $29.99
Need for Speed Carbon - $29.99*
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $29.99
Pool Party - $29.99
Red Steel - $29.99 ^
Blazing Angels - $29.99*
Rapala Tournament Fishing - $32.99*
Table Tennis - $39.99*
Heatseeker - $39.99^
Looney Tunes Acme Arsenal - $39.99
Carnival Games - $39.99
Transformers - $39.99^
Excite Truck - $44.99
Ratatouille - $44.99
Call of Duty 3- $44.99
Spider-Man 3 - $44.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - $44.99
Tony Hawk's Downhill jam - $44.99
The Bigs - $44.99
Trauma Center: Second Opinion - $44.99

DS Games

Wario Master of Disguise
Transformers Autobots
Superman Returns
Brainage
Lego Star Wars 2
Spiderman Battle for New York
Shrek the 3rd
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

Excellent, thank you very much.
I missed the last b1g1 free deal but this is pretty much the same thing.

Will pick Wii Madden 07 and SSX blur if i can find, maybe sonic or nfs carbon as well.

Damn, they have a 19 inch HD tv for 269.....that is really really hard to pass up.

I wonder if I can get them to ship it to me....since the nearest one is like 120 miles away.

Why must they do this when, I'm totally broke for the next two weeks. What ever though, I STILL haven't even taken Ninja Gaiden Sigma out of its case to play since I ordered when I ordered my PS3 a month ago...besides, only game I care to get anytime soon is the new R&CF:ToD...

Look for games that end with .98 if they don't update it. D01 and N SKU could work too but depends on the store.

D = discontinue
N = dunno, I think game that has been sitting there for a while.

luckily the compusa in my city is still open, i haven't been there in a few years though, so i have no idea what the selection is like, gonna have to check it out, could be interesting, i'll post it if i pick anything up.

I'm going to be up by my CompUSA tomorrow so I could check it... oh crap, tomorrow isn't Friday.

Yeah. Oh well.

Guess I'll try this out on Friday. Hopefully I can stock up on some PSP games.

[quote name='darkchaostitan']Could you try? I've never heard of someone so close to such a high end store. All I have is radio shack and they sell over priced crap, and the decent price that they do sell is horrific.
If you could it'd be appreciated. Thx[/quote]

Did you just call CompUSA a high end store?!

:rofl:

[quote name='bigdaddy']Did you just call CompUSA a high end store?!

:rofl:[/QUOTE]
LOL in some parts of the country even Wal-Mart might be considered "high end".

[quote name='redline']LOL in some parts of the country even Wal-Mart might be considered "high end".[/QUOTE]
walmart.jpg

I have to go to CompUSA today to pick up my MX518 so I'll see if there's anything good worth going back for tomorrow. It's only five minutes from work.

[quote name='t0llenz']I'll try to check this out on Friday at the CompUSA in Latham, NY.[/quote]

Same, Hopefully they have a good selection.

Those are some nice games you listed.

Battlestations Midway
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017

I can't find any info on their website:

Does CompUSA have a price guarantee like CC? Like if I buy something now, and it goes on sale later, and I go back and get the price adjusted?

the clearance games are YMMV. I went by the posted list last time and the cashier refused to ring those games up as clearance. They would only let me get games that actually had the yellow clearance price tag on them.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']the clearance games are YMMV. I went by the posted list last time and the cashier refused to ring those games up as clearance. They would only let me get games that actually had the yellow clearance price tag on them.[/quote]

I totally agree on the YMMV walked into CompUSA here at the B1G1 sale a couple weeks ago, they had many of the clearance games that were listed. Went to go buy a couple and they redirected me to a totally different area with a crappy selection and I had to buy a brand new game to even get one of those, I passed. Maybe I'll score big with this sale.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah I'll go since my last class on Friday ends at 11:50am anyway. It'll be the Richmond, VA one though so I dunno if it'll help you out any if you live closer to the Newport News or Norfolk ones :p.[/QUOTE]

im at cnu, im gonna run some errands after my 12 o clock so i just added compusa on that list

[quote name='elmyra']:rofl:
Off topic, but where did you get that?[/QUOTE]
It was on Jay Leno's Headlines a year or two ago. I just searched for an image of it.

Can anybody confirm any of these being "really" on cleareace.

Battlestations Midway
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017

I didnt find much that intrested me. Alot of Madden 07 and NBA live 07 some March Maddness 07 and a few Prey, couple Enchanted Arms. They did have FF XII on PS2 for 20 bones but i dont own a PS2. Other than that not much to talk about. Probably only about 60 games total. One small cart for xbox/xbox 360.

[quote name='Xerxes']Can anybody confirm any of these being "really" on cleareace. [/quote]

Yes. It's in the flyer at the front desk when you walk in. I had to point it out to the cashier. Picked up Prey for $13.49

Brentwood Tn location: (most were $39.99 b4 1/2 off, a few were 27.99-29.99).

Madden07
Madden07 HOF ed.
Star Trek
Rapalla Fishing
Bomberman (19.99 b4 1/2 off)
Prey
Samurai Warrior 2
Hitman Blood Money
MotoGP 06
Ninety Nine Nights
NBA Live 07
NCAA 07
Perfect Dark Zero Platnium
Eternal Sonata
Phantasy Star Universe
Enchanted Arms
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Just Cause
Blitz The League
Star Trek Legacy
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/trustybellchopinnoyume/review.html?sid=6178914

may have been few others.. along with a similar mediocre assortment of PS3, Wii (very few), DS (Very very few), PS2, and Xbox1.

My store did NOT have any of these in the official "clearance" bin, however several had "managers special" tags on them in the normal game section. Not sure if they would have let those go at 1/2 off or not. I was pressed for time to get back to work.

Battlestations Midway
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017

Not too bad -- I'll have to check mine after work to see what Wii or DS stuff they have in Latham. Knowing my CompUSA...it probably won't be much. They've cut back on their video game selection in the past year.

[quote name='dogmanky']Yes. It's in the flyer at the front desk when you walk in. I had to point it out to the cashier. Picked up Prey for $13.49

Brentwood Tn location: (most were $39.99 b4 1/2 off, a few were 27.99-29.99).

Madden07
Madden07 HOF ed.
Star Trek
Rapalla Fishing
Bomberman (19.99 b4 1/2 off)
Prey
Samurai Warrior 2
Hitman Blood Money
MotoGP 06
Ninety Nine Nights
NBA Live 07
NCAA 07
Perfect Dark Zero Platnium
Eternal Sonata
Phantasy Star Universe
Enchanted Arms
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Just Cause
Blitz The League
Star Trek Legacy

may have been few others.. along with a similar mediocre assortment of PS3, Wii (very few), DS (Very very few), PS2, and Xbox1.

My store did NOT have any of these in the official "clearance" bin, however several had "managers special" tags on them in the normal game section. Not sure if they would have let those go at 1/2 off or not. I was pressed for time to get back to work.

Battlestations Midway
C&C Tiberium Wars
All-Pro Football 2K8
Earth Defense Force 2017[/quote]

At the Brentwood store, the "clearance bins" are to the right of the entrance, at least, they were a week ago when I did the buy any game, get a clearance game free deal. I had much better luck digging through the actual game section, though. I was thinking of going on my lunch break, but I don't know if I'll bother.

WHOA! Wait a minute. Eternal Sonata? Are you sure that was on clearance? It's less than 2 months old. Please reply asap.

I just got back from the store in Orem, UT. All the clearance titles were scattered within everything else. The manager said anything that ended in .98 qualified. I only looked at DS and Wii games, and the only things I saw that interested me were

Resident Evil DS $14.98 ($7.48) which I grabbed

Elite Beat Agents $26ish? ($13ish?) which I already have

Castlevania POR for $29.98 ($15) which I passed on.

bread's done
Back