This has nothing to do with a deal but you need to look at this and help save a life.

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive

This women is going to die unless something is done about it. Do you guys think we could help?

Here is a link to a good description of what is going on http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/a9ikK/free-indie-game-homesick-buy-zomboid-help-save-a-life
http://www.desura.com/games/project-zomboid/news/buy-zomboid-get-indie-game-homesick-save-a-life
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive
Chloe Sagal, a valued member of our community and fellow indie developer, needs life saving surgery to remove a piece of shrapnel after a car accident, and if she doesn’t have it removed it will be fatal.

She released a wonderful little game called Homesick, along with a donate button, with the hope of raising the money to be able to afford the surgery. Sadly the game got direct links sent around and thus her chances of making the money were seriously scuppered. You can read more about this here:
http://indiestatik.com/2013/04/03/homesick/

We would love to help out, and were discussing how much to donate to the indiegogo, when we came up with a plan to be able to give as much as possible. Certainly more than we could afford to currently.As such we've made the decision to give all proceeds from Project Zomboid on Desura for the next three days to her Indiegogo campaign. While this would normally not be that much, we're hoping this will help encourage more people to help support her campaign, and spread the word.

So please, purchase PZ today, and we'll ask Scott at Desura to announce our sales for the next three days (from today, including what we've made so far) to make sure the amount we give is accurate. So buy copies, gift them to their friends (all will be Steam redeemable) and spread the word.
Last year she released Homesick for free, and she tells me that it’s actually a sliver of a larger concept she had been developing, an “interactive slasher flick.” HOMESICK FREE GAME

She have any pictures of the X-rays or articles linkin to her accident story? Not about to give cash to everyone random with a sob story, plenty of beggars around here and I hear enough about how hard life is already. The Internet is full of bullshit, so proof is needed before wallet is opened.

[quote name='perdition(troy']She have any pictures of the X-rays or articles linkin to her accident story? Not about to give cash to everyone random with a sob story, plenty of beggars around here and I hear enough about how hard life is already. The Internet is full of bullshit, so proof is needed before wallet is opened.[/QUOTE]

Yea, good sob story. Doesnt all make entire sense. (Her own mother wont help her LIVE?). If it is true I am curious how the accident occurred. I would hate to donate money to help a drunk driver live longer or someone who would rather text people than watch the road. That is just me though.

Ill save my donations for proven charities, and dont knowingly and purposely post in the wrong forums =-\

[quote name='Twitter']Wrong place.. the only thing people of CAG care about is hoarding up games (sadly).[/QUOTE]

Yes the nearly $90,000 raised on CAG for Child's Play the last year is nothing. Idiot.

[quote name='musha666']Yea, good sob story. Doesnt all make entire sense. (Her own mother wont help her LIVE?). If it is true I am curious how the accident occurred. I would hate to donate money to help a drunk driver live longer or someone who would rather text people than watch the road. That is just me though.

Ill save my donations for proven charities, and dont knowingly and purposely post in the wrong forums =-\[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I wan't to help and trust another human being.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes the nearly $90,000 raised on CAG for Child's Play the last year is nothing. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

This

At least this wasn't posted in the deals section. For that, I award you +1.

Unfortunately, I have little faith in society, and therefore find it difficult to trust people looking for monetary assistance. But while you're all handing out money, my family could really use a second car. My Audi shit the bed almost a year ago, and I'm hesitant to open another loan for a new vehicle at the moment. Also need to replace some of the trim around the house... so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. You won't be saving a life, but you will be making me happy, and in my world, that's all that matters.

[quote name='musha666']Yea, good sob story. Doesnt all make entire sense. (Her own mother wont help her LIVE?). If it is true I am curious how the accident occurred. I would hate to donate money to help a drunk driver live longer or someone who would rather text people than watch the road. That is just me though.

Ill save my donations for proven charities, and dont knowingly and purposely post in the wrong forums =-\[/QUOTE]

Are you really that naive to think that everyone's mom is a kind, gentle, caring person? I would hate to have you open up your wallet and watch a few moths come out and have you give the woman a dollar.

I'm not saying it's not a scam and I will look deeper into it.

It was pulled down originally and is back up. Her explanation is that people reported her for fraud and she was cleared. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i-am-going-to-survive?c=activity so I am donating a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']Yes the nearly $90,000 raised on CAG for Child's Play the last year is nothing. Idiot.[/QUOTE]

i thought that 90,000 was to buy kids :)

I find it really hard to donate any money to donation campaigns I've never heard of. These things could too easily become the internet's version of a guy asking for change at the gas station so he can get the bus to an interview.

[quote name='confoosious']no. it was.[/QUOTE]

Oh gawd. I'll take back my +1, and give him -17.

Irony aside... I was playing with fan pages on Facebook, just to see how they function and were structured. Decided to make a test page based on a topic that was irritating me at that moment.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save...f-Depraved-Social-Media-Users/108983669272283

Kinda dumb, and I expect nothing from it (again... I was only messing around to see how you "build" a fan page).

Sounds to me that she wasn't prepared for her two legal battles. It seems that getting a good lawyer was probably more important than getting the damn metal out.

But what really irked me after looking into this is that she didn't post any medical evidence like X-rays or the actual diagnosis nor did she offer any legal documents. I'd like to read them to see if she truly got screwed or perhaps the insurance company had a good point. I'd like to know if the car accident was her fault or not. That bad of an accident would have a police report wouldn't it? She implies that her mom hates her because she's gay, but maybe there are other parts of her lifestyle that her parents are upset about.

When your life is on the line, I would think privacy is less of a concern and I would love to get the whole story before donating. With the amount of causes out there, you really have to wow them to get the goods.

Anyway, what I would do if I were in her shoes besides rectify the above, would be to make as part of this campaign a push to greenlight her indie game on Steam. It takes nothing to go and give it a vote and I'd do it whether I was pleased with her story or not. Pewdiepie probably made more off her game than she did.

[quote name='perdition(troy']She made 11k thus far with a (bs) sob story and a youtube video. Wow.[/QUOTE]

I like how you assume it is bs with no reason.:roll:

I know some people on here - and elsewhere - are hesitant to donate, because of how many scams are out there. I can't say either way if this girl is pushing one, or if she isn't. I do know one thing, the United States health care system is royally fucked. If this girl is on the level, she should never have to beg for assistance to pay for medical bills to save her life. First world country, my ass.

Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember.

Good she is alive, but this girl needs much more the 15K or so she has been trying to raise. I don't know if she actually needs surgery or not, but she is definitely mentally unhinged and no money will fix that. She needs counseling, medicine, and probably a lengthy hospital stay.

Reminds me of the young man who streamed his suicide on bodybuilding.com a few years ago.

This is why I don't trust people on the internet and wouldn't donate.

Whole thing was a SCAM. Just a dude who wants transgender surgery to be a girl.

I'm on my phone right now so I can't link but it is out all over the place.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Sorry if I wan't to help and trust another human being.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is pretty much how trusting random strangers turns out.

Daw on the first page was really championing this. Sucks that he got sucked in so bad by this guy's lies. Must be really bad to get emotionally attached to a scam artist.

I don't fault people for trying to believe, but these things are nearly always a scam. Especially ones without evidence or any type of papers proving what they are.

[quote name='confoosious']I'm confused. Verified hoax?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - you will have to google it up. Some guy from destructoid outed the Chloe as a guy after investigating the who suicide attempt and everything. Turned out all the money and everything was to get gender reassignment. Chloe is a guy looking to become a girl. I will try to find some of the posts about it and link them here.

Edit:

Okay this sums it up:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=160214

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=13688172660A82580100&page=1

Short of it. Writer on destructoid who was following the "girl's" fundraiser for life saving surgery finds out it is a guy who wants gender reassignment. Chloe (guy wanting gender reassignment) was suppose to fess up the truth but never does and after the suicide attempt the destructoid writer comes out with the truth and tells everyone. LBGT community raises holy hell and now the writer is suspended and will likely be fired for outing the person who was scamming people out of money for gender reassignment surgery.

EDIT:

One more thing, did anyone follow the guy who couldn't walk who got up like two weeks ago and walked off the camera by mistake? He was some dude who use to get donations for his gameplay videos, etc. with a big part of it being he is a severely handicapped gamer who is completely confined to a wheel chair and can't work. He forgot the camera was on and just got up and walked off the screen for some Mountain Dew or something.

http://kotaku.com/gamer-accused-of-faking-disability-to-attract-donations-472087848

Here is this guy and he managed to beg/scam thousands of dollars (20K on some sources) out of people over the years. And unlike the scam from this thread, that money is long gone and nobody will get it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Sorry if I wan't to help and trust another human being.[/QUOTE]

I applaud your stoic faith in humanity, you might be a better person than me. But you trusted a story (a fairly double-tongued & convoluted one at that) someone posted on the internet with no evidence of any kind to support it and therefore you were easily burned. Trust humanity as much as you like, but just make sure not to really trust random stories on the internet asking for money, thus here endeth the lesson...

How do I donate and give support to the guy who is now the victim of a witch hunt for pointing out that Chloe Sagal is a fucking scam-artist?

I cant believe people bought into this. In a situation like that she would have gotten the surgery on taxpayers dime in USA. They would have removed the object soon after the wreck.

Its the same reason people complain about illegal aliens. They show up in an ER in the USA with a real problem, they will get treatment even if they cant provide [or give a fake ]a name, address, or payment.

Its the law.

Reading the OP, I figured page two would say she built an arc reactor to keep it in place ans is now Iron Woman

I have NO faith in humanity: I know history, follow the news, and surf the internet.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Lol at the dumb fucks that gave it money.[/QUOTE]

I know. I dont know which is worse, that the guy doing this was a scammer or is so screwed up that he wants to get a surgery to look like a manly girl.

Everyone who says they just wanted to trust another person and help them are just the marks these people target. Its fine to help people out, but to give some online identity you do not know money is just stupid. If you want to help people go find a trusted charity to donate to. Or go volunteer after a natural disaster and help those people out.

Or if you really want to help out someone who really doesnt need the help, just send me all of your money. i assure you I would not use it for a sex change operation=-\

Funny thread though. Turned out better than I thought it would :)

[quote name='Halo05']How do I donate and give support to the guy who is now the victim of a witch hunt for pointing out that Chloe Sagal is a fucking scam-artist?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one.

fucking ridiculous.

Odds on Daw19yoyo posting again in this thread?

I've never heard about that "wheelchair-bound" scammer that Dokstarr posted about. Video accompanying that story was hilarious.

bread's done
Back