This is an on-topic topic.......nOTT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wubb']Start with politely explaining that you didn't receive a bill last month and would like them to credit you the late charge as a courtesy. It's definitely worth a phone call to make the attempt.

But explain how you get billed by newegg? When you check out do they have an option to just have them bill you later or something? (I just pay with CC for anything like that.)[/QUOTE]

It's a newegg.com preferred account. Basically they gave me a $2000 line of credit, so it is like a newegg credit card.

Ah okay. I've called up and had a credit card company forgive a late charge in the past. It was a card I had paid on time for years and that was the only time I had been late. But I think it's something most companies will do at least once anyway.

I'll be heading out to get a new cell phone tommorow. Anything I should know/look for, company/plan wise? I want it with a decent camera, could care less about emails/internet, and don't want to spend a lot on musical features I'll never use (just got a new ipod here on cag).

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'll be heading out to get a new cell phone tommorow. Anything I should know/look for, company/plan wise? I want it with a decent camera, could care less about emails/internet, and don't want to spend a lot on musical features I'll never use (just got a new ipod here on cag).[/QUOTE]

Don't let them talk you into getting more minutes than you really need. Just aim for the cheapest phone there as well since you are not that interested in much else other than a "phone". Chances are even the cheapest phone will still be a quality product.

As far as the minutes just truely think do you talk enough that you need 1000 minutes a month?

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'll be heading out to get a new cell phone tommorow. Anything I should know/look for, company/plan wise? I want it with a decent camera, could care less about emails/internet, and don't want to spend a lot on musical features I'll never use (just got a new ipod here on cag).[/QUOTE]
yeah, well, cell phone plans will usually find ways to squeeze in shit like internet and other crap. For example: on my sprint plan, i have a camera phone, but i can only upload/send photos if i have internet, which is another $15 a month, and i rarely ever use anyway (it drains the battery like a motherfucker)

besides that, im not the right person to talk to about cell phone advice, considering my new deal gave me a shitty as Katana (RAZR ripoff) from Sprint :bomb:

[quote name='LiquidNight']telling your mom to shut up...big mistake. As a result, it looks like I'm not going to see Borat this weekend.

edit: maybe not...my parents felt bad about being assholes. I'm probably going to see it tomorrow

I really have to think before opening my mouth when talking to them (my parents)...[/QUOTE]
I say stuff like that to my mom all the time but she's pretty cool. I was doing something online the other day and she started asking me a whole bunch of questions. I finally said "Jesus fucking Christ! What is this, fucking twenty questions?!" and she just closed the door to my room.

The Slackers was ok but they didn't play all the songs I wanted to hear. Plus the sound guy did a pretty shitty job. They were amazing though.

hmm... i just realized that i have been up since 6:30 in the morning, and the only thing thats keeping me up right now is Fall of Troy...

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']hmm... i just realized that i have been up since 6:30 in the morning, and the only thing thats keeping me up right now is Fall of Troy...[/QUOTE]
I woke up at noon after 10 hours of sleep then went back to sleep from 2-5pm. Pretty sweet day.

So my HS football team lost, 29-6. Oh well, it's the furthest we've ever made it anyways.

To celebrate, about 10 of my friends and I went to IHOP (open 24 hours, bitch!). I found myself doing spoonfulls of tabasco sauce to stay awake while the pancakes were being prepared.

[quote name='Moxio']*head explodes*[/QUOTE]
*Throws saw-dust on top of exploded head....*

Time to make some mac and cheese.

Well I just played Gun for about 20 mins...pretty damn sweet game...though I'm gonna have to break out code breaker...can't aim for shit to save my life (pun intended) in the game...or any game just like it...

And god damn, is my vision horrible when I take my contacts out and put my glasses on...fucking prescription is 4 years old now, that would explain it. And heres to hoping that the double dose of Nyquil I just took will knock me out soon...

Went to see Departed tonight, which was amazing.

As we were walking to the theater from the parking lot, some guy was yelling, "I've never seen such a stupid piece of shit" "It's not often I walk out of a fucking movie" and I was like wow what's that guys problem. It wasn't until I almost got in to the theater entrance and I heard another guy go "damn that shit was straight up stupid, with him puttin his dick into that other guys mouth"

that's when I realized what had happened to that original guy, Borat had happened.

Evidently certain people love it (myself included) other people go into intense fits of rage.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Went to see Departed tonight, which was amazing.

As we were walking to the theater from the parking lot, some guy was yelling, "I've never seen such a stupid piece of shit" "It's not often I walk out of a fucking movie" and I was like wow what's that guys problem. It wasn't until I almost got in to the theater entrance and I heard another guy go "damn that shit was straight up stupid, with him puttin his dick into that other guys mouth"

that's when I realized what had happened to that original guy, Borat had happened.

Evidently certain people love it (myself included) other people go into intense fits of rage.[/QUOTE]Several people walked out of the screening I went to. I guess some people still just go see movies on whims or something.

Is it really a bad thing when you keep contacts in for a month that are designed to in at least a week at a time and allow hella air to get in a let your eyes breathe???

Wow ... watch one friend play NFS:C for a few hours and suddenly that (almost) hour drive home only takes 40 minutes. Including having to wait on a train. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Wow ... watch one friend play NFS:C for a few hours and suddenly that (almost) hour drive home only takes 40 minutes. Including having to wait on a train. :lol:[/QUOTE]
When my family asks me to go pick up food for dinner I take one of their cars and run the shit out of it. I can make a 10 minute pizza run in 5 minutes.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Wow ... watch one friend play NFS:C for a few hours and suddenly that (almost) hour drive home only takes 40 minutes. Including having to wait on a train. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Happened to me once. Me and my friend where playing burnout revenge on our regular xbox and we decided to go buy it for the 360 since we where enjoying it so much. On the way to wal-mart I got a speeding ticket. 45 in a 25. I was about to consider telling the cop that I just finished playing a high speed racing game as my excuse.

Only speeding ticket I got in my life.

Not that I don't speed anymore just I haven't been caught. :bouncy:

[quote name='mr ryles']Happened to me once. Me and my friend where playing burnout revenge on our regular xbox and we decided to go buy it for the 360 since we where enjoying it so much. On the way to wal-mart I got a speeding ticket. 45 in a 25. I was about to consider telling the cop that I just finished playing a high speed racing game as my excuse.

Only speeding ticket I got in my life.

Not that I don't speed anymore just I haven't been caught. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
The one speeding ticket I have, I was on the way back from watching The Dukes of Hazard. 61 in a 45.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Is it really a bad thing when you keep contacts in for a month that are designed to in at least a week at a time and allow hella air to get in a let your eyes breathe???[/QUOTE]

Bah, most people leave them in for far too long, and they're alright. As long as you clean the bacteria off of them with Opti free or some other shit, you're good.

[quote name='mr ryles']I swear to god okami is the only game I can think of that makes drawing circles difficult and frustrating.[/QUOTE]
Okami = Kindergarden's revenge.

I have to draw a circle around this tree bud to make it blossom into a flower and it is like a coin toss up if they will count it or not. I draw the same circle once and it will give it to me, then the next time it won't when it was just as good as the last circle.

Granted circles are hard enough to draw with a pen, it is pretty hard with an analog stick.

at the same time there is nothing more gratifying then when you can actually draw the circle right.

When I get it right I yell "fuck ya", but when I screw it up I'm screaming " fuck you" at the TV.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Is it really a bad thing when you keep contacts in for a month that are designed to in at least a week at a time and allow hella air to get in a let your eyes breathe???[/quote]

I usually keep my contacts for a month even though they're supposed to only last 2 weeks. You don't sound like you're taking them out at night though so that might be bad.

[quote name='6669']Its late, its the weekend, I'm in the OTT, and I am not drunk.
First time evar![/quote]i wish i was drunk. I only drank a heinikan so far. I have a few guiness but i dont like that type of beer. I just bought them to try them out. My buddy has a shitload of budweiser cans but they arn't in the fridge. the've been in the cabinet for too long but i dont want to say anything since its not my beer. probably going to stack up when i go to the grocery store on monday.

[quote name='6669']Its late, its the weekend, I'm in the OTT, and I am not drunk.
First time evar![/QUOTE]Turn 21 so the novelty wears off already.

edit: on a related note, this store by me has a big cooler with nothing but microbrews from around the country in it. It's 24 beers for 25 dollars. It's a great way to try out new stuff.

Word of advice: Watch out for what you wish for.

I wanted a freak and this girl I've been hanging with this weekend sure is one. It won't last but I've strapped my helmet on for the ride.

someone put up christmas lights in their tree for halloween decorations. They should of just left them up for the rest of the year until christmas, but they took them down the next day.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can see that someone behind my apartment already has Christmas lights up. Wassupwitdat?[/quote]

I bet you they don't take them down till late Febuary/early March

Wow. One of these Simpsons commercials on the Season 4 DVD is still used today (the one that puts the Simpsons into several famous movies) for reruns. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can see that someone behind my apartment already has Christmas lights up. Wassupwitdat?[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that one. One of the houses down the street already has lights up as well. I prefer to celebrate holidays one at a time. I have a problem when the Christmas section at stores is larger than the Halloween section, in mid-October.

"When I was a kid, Thanksgiving was Thanksgiving, not Christmas Part One, and Santa wasn't pokin' his fat ass in there!"

-Lewis Black

[quote name='mr ryles']someone put up christmas lights in their tree for halloween decorations. They should of just left them up for the rest of the year until christmas, but they took them down the next day.[/QUOTE]
What about using Halloween lights for Christmas decorations? Let me tell you, it's pretty disconcerting to look at your tree and find mini skeleton lights wrapped all around it. Pretty surreal.

My mother is a very odd lady.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']one of the radio stations around here started playing Christmas music last week (they play it non stop).[/QUOTE] Same here. Actually, there may be two stations like that here. fuckin' soft rock. And my gf tells me that the KUDL studio ("The Christmas Music Station") is decorated up for the holidays already as well. Crazy shit.

The problem is Thanksgiving needs to be more commercialized. In it's present state it can't compete with Halloween and Christmas. In the hierarchy of holidays, even President's Day surpasses it in terms of commercialization.

Does anyone know of a reggae artist named something like Matisayahu? I'm trying to find it on amazon but I apparently have the name wrong.

[quote name='Maklershed']Does anyone know of a reggae artist named something like Matisayahu? I'm trying to find it on amazon but I apparently have the name wrong.[/QUOTE]Matisyahu

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it. I was distracted by seeing that Nellie McKay's second album was finally released two weeks ago. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Matisyahu

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it. I was distracted by seeing that Nellie McKay's second album was finally released two weeks ago. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Who's that? If she distracted you, does that mean she's like, 15?
:)lol:)

[quote name='Maklershed']Ah superb. Thank you 6669 and subby.[/QUOTE]
No problem ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back