This is gonna be one crazy autumn/winter!!

palaeomerus

CAGiversary!
I don't think I've EVER wanted to buy so many games new at full price in such a short time period before!

1. Dead Space - Pretty much System Shock 3 in a RE:4 format. And it looks great. Oh, I have LONGED to mutilate ugly hostile space beasties with the power tools of tommorow in zero gravity! ! :)

2. Saint's Row 2 - I was going to skip this one for much later until I saw that it has a coop zombie outbreak survival mode! And a cool stun gun! :applause: Now granted I don't want it as much as some of the other things on my list but it HAS caught my attention with the whole "zombies and the kitchen sink too" approach to a corny send up of sandbox urban violence.

3. Fallout 3 - Post apacalyptic Oblivion with sticks of dynamite and stimulant abuse(or something similar at least). Hell yeah! I can't wait to kill mutants with folding chairs and jars of peanut butter or whatever. :lol:

4. Last Remnant - Apparently JRPG's are starting to borrow ideas from skirmish scale table top wargames and letting the heroes have squads of faceless troops to enhance the turn based gameplay. I am ALL for this and anxious to see how it turns out! This game may well be a grand experiment. :cool:

5. Valkyria Chronicles - A quasi real time (I assume it is sort of "Mass Effect like") strategy rpg with an anime faux WWI combat design not unlike Miyazaki's Puerco Roso stuff. Oh wow! :bouncy:

6. Little Big Planet - Now I can take a bad webcam photo of some ground chuck or a nest of centipedes and make a disturbing platformer level out of it. Maybe. Actually I probably don't have the free time. Still...:hot:

7. Gears of War 2 - Gratuitious Chainsaw-fu and brumak riding rendered in a drive in movie script context? Yeppers, that's probably worth some money. I bet I can get someone I know to buy it though. But I must admit that I am wanting it. ;)

8. Left 4 Dead - A serious attempt at a coop horror/thriller zombie shooter from Valve! :drool:

9. Fable 2 - Do I want this? I kind of want this. I think. Maybe. 'Cause I like consequences and cyber dog simulations.

10. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts - Because I've secretly always wanted to build a hybrid between Chitty Chitty bang bang and a working martian tripod.....with a cartoon bear. :joystick:

11. Lego Batman - Yeah, I have no idea whay I want this, but I do. :???:

That's eleven games I want, coming out in the next three months, not counting Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, and Disgaea 3. I don't think I've seen a density of desirable product approaching this fall's in all the years I've been playing games (since about 1978). It's nice to be excited about something. Or maybe I'm just succumbing to dementia in my advanced age.

Anyway I guess I'll have to just pick out four of 'em and deal with my frustrations as the rest are left to "ripen" in the used bins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to play a good amount of those, but the only one I can say is buy is GoW2, and that's only because of the multiplayer aspect; the rest are just a rent for me.

Yea I hear ya for ps3. LBP.Fallout 3, Dead Space, COD 5 (maybe), Resistance 2...I'm going to have to trade some games or something to make way for these...and to afford them.

Looks like I'll be putting BattleField Bad Company on my TL and on Goozex in order to get these games somehow...so many good games.

Except for the Wii from what I've seen their holiday lineup sucks

i hope call of duty 5 for the ps3 gets a good score. I am looking forward to midnight club, need for speed, guitar hero world tour, rockband 2, castlevania: ecclesia, little big planet, animal crossing, mk vs dc for some odd reason, eternal poison, castlevania: judgement, geez, I almost forgot chrono trigger! So many games and that doesn't even complete the year... sooooo little time!

Little Big Planet and Valkyria Chronicles are the only ones I'm considering buying. I was thinking about picking up Last Remnant, but Infinite Undiscovery was such a massive let down that I'm not even going to bother.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you although my gaming tastes (and console) differ from you. I'll be looking to pick up Saints Row II, Rock Band 2, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Resistance 2, Guitar Hero WT, Prince of Persia, Bioshock, and Tales of Symphonia for Wii.

WarioLand Shake it is a rent/borrow for me. I hate waggle and I am finding myself wondering why I have a Wii after the 1st party onslaught that came on in 2007 has dried up.

Why not just buy a few games this holiday, and buy/rent the rest of the games throughout the following year? There's no rush to play everything right when it comes out. I'm not even going to attempt to touch Fallout 3 just yet, it seems like a perfect game to play through the summer months.

I feel like this fall/winter is way lighter than usual. Part of that's due to a lot of stuff like Dead Space which originally seemed awesome looking like it's going to fall flat.

bread's done
Back