This is the HALO 2 preorder that we've waited for!!! TEH M3GAT0N!!!

drone8888

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
You better cancel all of your preorders now!

Head over to KMart, to pick up your coveted Halo 2!

With purchase,.. receive a FREE, coupon for a 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew!!

Holy SHEOT!!

This is the best offer I've ever seen!!
:shock:

Technically, that is the most logical offer out there. You WILL need the caffiene to keep you going while fighting the covenant....

Trust me.. Regarding EB's midnight release.. if you show up at 9.. it's likely that you won't walk away empty handed..

*hinthint*

Can't say more about it.. just.. trust me. Show up. The lines start at 9PM. My store decided to stay open.. so show up early and get your number..

[quote name='Scorch']Trust me.. Regarding EB's midnight release.. if you show up at 9.. it's likely that you won't walk away empty handed..

*hinthint*

Can't say more about it.. just.. trust me. Show up. The lines start at 9PM. My store decided to stay open.. so show up early and get your number..[/quote]

I can't get it until Tuesday anyways. My copy is guaranteed, and if they by chance don't have it I'll just buy it somewhere else cheaper.

I can't bother to care for a game enough to spend three fucking hours waiting for it on a line with the kind of people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game with people who will wait three fucking hours for a game.

Screw that, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.

[quote name='zewone']Scorch - You got to let us know. :D Not if it will cost your job or anything, but I got a preorder at Gamerush and EB and I didn't think they were giving anything away so I was gonna go to GR, but if what EB has is better I'll be there.

EDIT: Can you at least say which preorder giveaway is better in your opinion? Gamerush's or EB's?[/quote]

What's GameRush's giveaway?

It's not my job that I'm worried about. I don't work there.

Just trust me.. let's just say that there will be contests.. quite a few contests.. and many things will be given away..

[quote name='Scorch']Trust me.. Regarding EB's midnight release.. if you show up at 9.. it's likely that you won't walk away empty handed..

*hinthint*

Can't say more about it.. just.. trust me. Show up. The lines start at 9PM. My store decided to stay open.. so show up early and get your number..[/quote]

Check this report:

EB Games & Xbox to Launch Halo 2 in Los Angeles
Games Press 17:58 04/11/2004

Los Angeles, Calif., November 4, 2004 - Halo® 2, the successor to the largest selling Xbox® game to date, is set to release at midnight on Monday, November 8, 2004. The premiere West Coast launch event will be at EB Games' Universal CityWalk location, and the event will also feature gameplay of never-before-seen Xbox titles on the Xbox Console Coach.

Halo 2, the long-awaited sequel that continues the story of Master Chief, has accumulated an astonishing 1.5 million pre-orders (and counting). Developed by Bungie Studios (www.bungie.net), the game will be released exclusively for the Microsoft® Xbox. With over five million units sold worldwide, the Halo franchise, which includes the first release, Halo®: Combat Evolved (2001), and now Halo 2 (2004), has received worldwide recognition and critical acclaim, raising the bar for first-person shooter games.

EB Games expects the Universal CityWalk launch to be an extremely popular event, with swarms of dedicated fans eager to get their hands on the new title. New Halo 2 accessories will also be available, further exciting the gaming community. Microsoft and EB Games representatives will also be on location to meet with fans and answer questions.

The launch event is scheduled for Monday, November 8, 2004, at 9 P.M. Pacific (12 A.M. Eastern) at the EB Games Universal CityWalk store at 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Ste 101, in Universal City, California.

Thats a great preorder deal, but Ill stick with my Gamestop preorder. I preordered Halo 2 from them well over a year ago, so Im pretty sure Ill get my copy.

What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99

[quote name='Demontooth']What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99[/quote]
You do know that it took the original Halo 2 years to drop to 30 bucks right? By the time Halo 2 drops the next gen consoles will be out for atleast a year.

[quote name='Demontooth']What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99[/quote]

I considered it, but I decided I'd rather pay the extra money and get this game BEFORE Duke Nukem Forever comes out :wink:

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='Scorch']Trust me.. Regarding EB's midnight release.. if you show up at 9.. it's likely that you won't walk away empty handed..

*hinthint*

Check this report:

EB Games & Xbox to Launch Halo 2 in Los Angeles
Games Press 17:58 04/11/2004

Los Angeles, Calif., November 4, 2004 - Halo® 2, the successor to the largest selling Xbox® game to date, is set to release at midnight on Monday, November 8, 2004. The premiere West Coast launch event will be at EB Games' Universal CityWalk location, and the event will also feature gameplay of never-before-seen Xbox titles on the Xbox Console Coach.

Halo 2, the long-awaited sequel that continues the story of Master Chief, has accumulated an astonishing 1.5 million pre-orders (and counting). Developed by Bungie Studios (www.bungie.net), the game will be released exclusively for the Microsoft® Xbox. With over five million units sold worldwide, the Halo franchise, which includes the first release, Halo®: Combat Evolved (2001), and now Halo 2 (2004), has received worldwide recognition and critical acclaim, raising the bar for first-person shooter games.

EB Games expects the Universal CityWalk launch to be an extremely popular event, with swarms of dedicated fans eager to get their hands on the new title. New Halo 2 accessories will also be available, further exciting the gaming community. Microsoft and EB Games representatives will also be on location to meet with fans and answer questions.

The launch event is scheduled for Monday, November 8, 2004, at 9 P.M. Pacific (12 A.M. Eastern) at the EB Games Universal CityWalk store at 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Ste 101, in Universal City, California.[/quote]

Uhh.. that's not a deal.

Anyways.. there will be a ton of giveaways, one of which will be the Halo 2 standee. YMMV, but mine will be giving a lot of stuff away.. valued between 5 bucks and a few hundred..

If Gamerush has all PO games 50% off, that might be worth it..

[quote name='Edge'][quote name='Demontooth']What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99[/quote]

I considered it, but I decided I'd rather pay the extra money and get this game BEFORE Duke Nukem Forever comes out :wink:[/quote]

Yeah I never buy games when the come out but I have to get this because it's such a big deal and will take forever to drop in price. So I may as well get it at launch. Plus I got a good deal at GameRush.

Was at the local EB yesterday and they were unpacking the "special" promo stuff for the Halo 2 release.

They got 3 old 1st party games to raffle off for those waiting in line (counterstrike, mechassault and halo) and a bunch of vouchers to be handed out for a 1 year subscription to either XBN or OXM - I forget which.

Not sure if this is worth a 3-hour wait -- I think Tuesday afternoon is fine with me. I wish Blockbuster would hurry up and open some GR's in Chicago though.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid'][quote name='Demontooth']What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99[/quote]
You do know that it took the original Halo 2 years to drop to 30 bucks right? By the time Halo 2 drops the next gen consoles will be out for atleast a year.[/quote]

Actually I believe it dropped to $17.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy before it was $30 everywhere. I picked up my copy at Black Friday! :)

I'm guessing that not this year but next year at Black Friday they will have a deal on Halo 2. If the new systems are coming out that fall they will want to dump this generations games during the holidays.

[quote name='Othergods']Still not sure if I wanna wait Monday night at my local gamestop to pick up my copy.[/quote]

Same here.

I've got a friend who pre-ordered at the same Gamestop. He wants to wait. He also doesn't have a job.

The more I think about it, Tuesday after work seems a lot more reasonable. Even if I wait in line on Monday, I won't get to play it that night.

[quote name='Derwood43'][quote name='Othergods']Still not sure if I wanna wait Monday night at my local gamestop to pick up my copy.[/quote]

Same here.

I've got a friend who pre-ordered at the same Gamestop. He wants to wait. He also doesn't have a job.

The more I think about it, Tuesday after work seems a lot more reasonable. Even if I wait in line on Monday, I won't get to play it that night.[/quote]

Yeah, I have to work the next morning at 7am, and if I stay up all night waiting for it, I will be to tired to even enjoy it Tuesday afternoon. THen there is also Monday Night Football, that I would miss out, mind you I usually go to bed around halftime but still it is football.

I'm fairly surprised at you guys. Did nobody else get it for $25.00 pre-ordered at EB? I mean, it was a fairly circuitous process of trade-ins, but still...come on. I never get games when they first come out save for Spiderman 2, and that was only because I worked it down to $25 AR.

This? This is Halo 2, first day, at midnight, $25.00 solid. (Actually I went $30.00 for the Collector's Edition). Mine's all bought and paid for, and I don't particularly care whether I get it that night or have to wait until the next day (sadly, work takes priority).

So, am I the only one who did this deal?!?

"Receive $10 trade-in credit for each select PS2, XB or GC you trade-in toward your payment of Halo 2. Limit 5 trades per customer. Boxes and instructions must be included. Some titles are excluded from trade. Offer valid 9/28/04 - 11/8/04. "

[quote name='dmaibor']I'm fairly surprised at you guys. Did nobody else get it for $25.00 pre-ordered at EB? I mean, it was a fairly circuitous process of trade-ins, but still...come on. I never get games when they first come out save for Spiderman 2, and that was only because I worked it down to $25 AR.

This? This is Halo 2, first day, at midnight, $25.00 solid. (Actually I went $30.00 for the Collector's Edition). Mine's all bought and paid for, and I don't particularly care whether I get it that night or have to wait until the next day (sadly, work takes priority).

"Receive $10 trade-in credit for each select PS2, XB or GC you trade-in toward your payment of Halo 2. Limit 5 trades per customer. Boxes and instructions must be included. Some titles are excluded from trade. Offer valid 9/28/04 - 11/8/04. "[/quote]

I actually did the GameRush pre-order for $29.99 and used store credit, etc after that to come out $0 out of pocket...

[quote name='dmaibor']I'm fairly surprised at you guys. Did nobody else get it for $25.00 pre-ordered at EB? I mean, it was a fairly circuitous process of trade-ins, but still...come on. I never get games when they first come out save for Spiderman 2, and that was only because I worked it down to $25 AR.

"Receive $10 trade-in credit for each select PS2, XB or GC you trade-in toward your payment of Halo 2. Limit 5 trades per customer. Boxes and instructions must be included. Some titles are excluded from trade. Offer valid 9/28/04 - 11/8/04. "[/quote]

I did that and had some buddies help pay them off with trades. I ended up with 6 LE copies and about $10 out of pocket.

[quote name='sniper308']
I actually did the GameRush pre-order for $29.99 and used store credit, etc after that to come out $0 out of pocket...[/quote]

All well and good if they had a New England area (preferably MA) Gamerush.

Out of curiosity, where did the store credit come from? It came out of pocket at some point, right? Trade-in on a previously purchased game, or a return?

The money I paid was 5 games not on the exclusion list @ $5.00/each. Trade them back in for $10.00/each towards Halo 2 (pop an extra $5 for the CE) and I think you have a pretty Cheap Ass Deal.

If I'm wrong about where the store credit came from, my apologies. Just a bit of sour grapes that I don't have a Gamerush I can exploit :wink: .

Again, just surprised that I've never seen anyone else on these boards talk about that deal.

WTF are you talking about WUBB???

This is a DEAL.

It just went the route of deal comparisons, instead of focusing on the awesome Mountain Dew give-away.

So does anybody know how Kmart will ring up the Mountain Dew?

I mean could I buy Halo 2 and the MD then take halo 2 back later still sealed for ALL my money back!?!

This could me an a totally free MD!!

Please let me know

I did a trade in deal at EBgames . . . 4 games for $50 in credit (in Feb I think) . . . but I want to buy it at Target (with a 50% raincheck) and then put the $50 at EB on a gift card and buy cheap games online for a few months.

I ended up going with the eCost.com preorder for the LE version @ $37.99.

Once I fixed my order, of course, which they dropped the handling fee and upgraded my shipping to priority overnight @ no charge.

[quote name='Snake2715']So does anybody know how Kmart will ring up the Mountain Dew?

I mean could I buy Halo 2 and the MD then take halo 2 back later still sealed for ALL my money back!?!

Please let me know[/quote]

I really hope you are joking.

[quote name='dmaibor'][quote name='sniper308']
I actually did the GameRush pre-order for $29.99 and used store credit, etc after that to come out $0 out of pocket...[/quote]

All well and good if they had a New England area (preferably MA) Gamerush.

Out of curiosity, where did the store credit come from? It came out of pocket at some point, right? Trade-in on a previously purchased game, or a return?

The money I paid was 5 games not on the exclusion list @ $5.00/each. Trade them back in for $10.00/each towards Halo 2 (pop an extra $5 for the CE) and I think you have a pretty Cheap Ass Deal.

If I'm wrong about where the store credit came from, my apologies. Just a bit of sour grapes that I don't have a Gamerush I can exploit :wink: .

Again, just surprised that I've never seen anyone else on these boards talk about that deal.[/quote]

I think the GameRush exploits have been talked about quite a bit on this site. if you work it right, GameRush is virtually giving stuff away...

Basically used a combination of the trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (plus used games that were extremely cheap to acquire, and the trade a game, pre-order any game for $29.99 that was going on. Plus stacked a coupon in the deal to get a pre-owned for $1 for trading multiple games, which I turned around and traded that PO game for more credit :lol:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=600

[quote name='x_fiddle']Just think you guys could have bought Halo 2 on ebay for over $250 dollars![/quote]

And by the time it came in the mail it would be November 8. :lol:

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='Azul_KoolAid'][quote name='Demontooth']What kind of cheapasses are you???? I am not buying this game until it's $19.99 at Best Buy and I can use the GGC to get it for $14.99[/quote]
You do know that it took the original Halo 2 years to drop to 30 bucks right? By the time Halo 2 drops the next gen consoles will be out for atleast a year.[/quote]

Actually I believe it dropped to $17.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy before it was $30 everywhere. I picked up my copy at Black Friday! :)

I'm guessing that not this year but next year at Black Friday they will have a deal on Halo 2. If the new systems are coming out that fall they will want to dump this generations games during the holidays.[/quote]

The one problem with waiting is if you are going to play this on live you are going to be way behind the power curve if everybody has played this for a few extra months. I know the game places with people with similar skills but I know I want to be on the elite servers

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Snake2715']So does anybody know how Kmart will ring up the Mountain Dew?

I really hope you are joking.[/quote] :lol:

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='Snake2715']So does anybody know how Kmart will ring up the Mountain Dew?

I really hope you are joking.[/quote] :lol:[/quote]
I bet you can even get away with it if you have your mom bring back the game. (How many remmeber that reference?)

bread's done
Back