This is total speculation, but I was thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Anybody else think that we might see some sort of iPod/iTunes channel? I was reading up on the Zune, and it seems that Microsoft is trying to use the 360 to push the Zune a bit. There's wireless connectivity between the two, and theres a certain amount of crossover between the Live marketplace and zune marketplace. I don't know all the specifics, but it sounds like they will interact pretty well.

So with Nintendo obviously borrowing some design and packaging elements from Apple, do you think we will see some interactivity between the Wii and iPod? I'm thinking the next generation iPod will have some sort of wireless capabilities that the Wii will support.

I guess the other option is basically a DS with a big hard drive and MP3 capabilities, but it would seem that instead of launching their own MP3 player to then compete with Zune/Xbox, they could just couple with Apple. It seems like a mutually beneficial relationship for both companies. Nintendo gets to attract the people who would buy an MP3 player but might not initially think about buying a console, and Apple gets to suppress any sort of market niche the Zune might build due to the things it can do with the 360.

Not only that, but how sexy would a WiiPod bundle be?

Again, this is all speculation, I was just thinking...

Why do people assume that Apple & Nintendo are going to work together??? Granted they don't really have any sort of competition towards each other when it comes to products, but it just wouldn't make much sense. But Frisky is right, it's been discussed lol :p

I doubt we'll see an iTunes channel. I'd stay far away from that channel anyway. Dumb iTunes.

I do think we'll see a Music Channel though. Something that can play music streamed from the Internet (or Ninternet rather), along with SD card compatbility, and maybe even functionality to play tracks off Wii Games (which I'd love right now...), and CDs.

[quote name='hack']I doubt we'll see an iTunes channel. I'd stay far away from that channel anyway. Dumb iTunes.

I do think we'll see a Music Channel though. Something that can play music streamed from the Internet (or Ninternet rather), along with SD card compatbility, and maybe even functionality to play tracks off Wii Games (which I'd love right now...), and CDs.[/QUOTE]

A music channel that plays along the lines of the Photo Channel would be cool. Meaning in terms of you get to upload songs onto your SD card..when you play a song be able to like.. slow it down, or make it faster.. just to play around with really.

THAT could be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back