This Joke's Played out- April Fool's Sale- 3 Days at ADV

Watchman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
(Deal's over folks, nothing to see here. Lock it down, boys.)

Yes, once again, ADV pulls out the stops with another short, VERY short April Fool's Sale, only this time until this Sunday.
Check it out here.
HTML:
http://www.advfilms.com/sales.asp
And, they're throwing in a "surprise" with every purchase. I'd take anything touched my Monica Rial, personally, but I'm guessing it's probably small promotional items or something. Anyway, check it out, and as always be forewarned they "manipulate" the UPC's to prevent re-selling at higher prices (most likely.)

Personal recommendations include Kino's Journey, Super Milk Chan (sonofa...they reduced it even lower than when I bought em last month!:bomb:) Steam Detectives, Sakura Wars and they added Cromartie High School's robot student plush into the mix!

I really need to be paid for this from ADV.

I've never seen the show, but I'm very tempted to pick up all three seasons of Earth: Final Conflict. Any idea how much shipping is?

I would avoid this sale at all costs unless you like hole punched cds and DVDs with the barcodes cut out of the package. Plus their customer service is a joke if you have any problems, as many did with their last sale.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I've never seen the show, but I'm very tempted to pick up all three seasons of Earth: Final Conflict. Any idea how much shipping is?[/QUOTE]

Is the "Heather Hibbs" on the bottom of ever post her?

Heather%20Hibbs.jpg

If so, I thought she died in 2002.

[quote name='Owen']I would avoid this sale at all costs unless you like hole punched cds and DVDs with the barcodes cut out of the package. Plus their customer service is a joke if you have any problems, as many did with their last sale.[/QUOTE]

i dunno, i kinda like it when theres a hole punched in my CDs and DVDs. makes them easier to play.

If all they do is punch a hole through the box's UPC like sony did for the games they game people after the Viewtiful Joe 2 demo thing then I dont have a problem with it.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Ok I ordered seasons 3-5 of Earth Final Conflict for a total of $36.XX[/QUOTE]

You fool! What have you done? :shock:

Oh god, I knew I should have put that notice up...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EARTH: FINAL CONFLICT.

Even the actors were glad it was over.

[quote name='Owen']I would avoid this sale at all costs unless you like hole punched cds and DVDs with the barcodes cut out of the package. Plus their customer service is a joke if you have any problems, as many did with their last sale.[/QUOTE]

You make it sound like they destroyed the discs.

The third batch I got of this sale had the worst marks... a light cut on the UPC.

They got the message from all the complaints and board posts. No rough stuff.

Still, those pictures that were floating around of mangled boxes I believe were the exception, not the rule.

Though I would agree that the customer service factor leaves something to be desired. I talked to more voicemail than I did actual people.:roll:

[quote name='Watchman']You fool! What have you done? :shock:

Oh god, I knew I should have put that notice up...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EARTH: FINAL CONFLICT.

Even the actors were glad it was over.[/QUOTE]
Season 3 got a pretty good review at DVDTalk, and for $10 a season I figured why not. Maybe I'll hate the show, and maybe I'll love the show.

I never thought "Earth Final Conflict" was bad. At only ONE point did I feel one of the actors was REALLY overacting the scene, which was at the beginning of Season 3, you'll recognize IMMEDIATELY what scene I'm talking about I think.

You could have used that money to donate to National Public Radio and gotten a free backpack or something... not to mention a tax write-off.:oldman:

Just kidding. If you love the series, then you got a deal of a lifetime.

If you hate it, well...

You got a lot of new coasters, anyway. :roll:

bread's done
Back