this trade is one for the record books

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So recently I decided that I work far too often to get any use out of my xbox 360. Don't get me wrong, I love it, played the hell out of bioshock and halo 3... but I can't make time for it even if i wanted to. I decided that it would be cool to trade it for a more practical luxury... like an iPhone. Now this is a decision that makes perfect sense if you understand where I'm coming from. In my line of work, having an iPhone is akin to having a Leatherman multitool. Where as, having an xbox 360 is worthless, because you work 19 hour days.

So I turned to craigslist and posted my ad... proposing I trade my 360 and some combination of my games/accessories for an 8 gig iPhone. Within a couple of days I received a response. So I spoke to the guy, set something up, and went to check out his iPhone. This is where things get awesome.

The 8 gig iPhone he was looking to trade me wasn't mint like i was looking for. The screen was, but the silver back had a few scuff marks... a big deal for someone like me. So I don't imagine I appeared all too enthused. Cognizant of that, he pulled an iPhone off of his belt (this guy is upper level management/son of the owner of a big hardware store). It was a 4 gig, but it was pristine. So this time around I was a little let down that it was a 4 gig... otherwise I'd have jumped on it. Finally, during our discussions, he proposes that he just gives me both of the iPhones for my 360, since they're of no use to him anyway. He continued on to explain that for work he needs a Nextel (for the walkie talkie) and he had already stopped service on both iPhones. I was hesitant, because it seemed like a too-good-to-be-true deal so I told him I'd think about it. I didn't have the 360 on me right then anyhow, since I was visiting his store... so I left to think it over.

After speaking to a friend, I called him back and we set something up for today. So... I went today to meet the guy again, and completed the following trade:

1 Xbox 360 Core (plus 20 gig Hard Drive)
-wired controller
-Crackdown
-Fuzion Frenzy 2
-Viva Pinata

FOR:

1 iPhone 8GB (condition: good)
1 iPhone 4GB (condition: mint)

They had the boxes and paperwork, but no headphones or cables. That's okay with me since they use the ipod cable to charge/sync... and I don't plan on activating mine anytime soon anyway. I'm using it as an ipod touch w/ camera, essentially.

Oh yeah, the best part. I decided to see if the guy had cashed in on his 100$ gift certificate that Apple issued to early adopters. Turns out no, on both counts. So that trade should actually read like this:

1 Xbox 360 Core PLUS 20 gig Hard Drive
-wired controller
-Crackdown
-Fuzion Frenzy 2
-Viva Pinata

FOR:

1 iPhone 8GB (condition: good)
1 iPhone 4GB (condition: mint)
$200 Apple Store Credit

I'm really glad I didn't have to work today.

You better get in touch with Guinness

Guinness World Records Limited
184-192 Drummond Street
3rd Floor
London NW1 3HP
United Kingdom

lol

sweetness

That deal is great, if you truly have a use for all of that tech junk. Hell, I don't even HAVE a regular cell phone as it is, so 2 iPhones would be useless to me.

Still, a great deal, considering what you got for what you traded, even with the 'poor scuffs'.

and I thought my trading in all those shitty ps1 sports titles I bought for 10-30 cents a pop and got like 400 dollars in store credit that I used to buy a Wii and some accessories and games during that trade 9 for 25 extra bonus at micro center last month was amazing, but this Iphone deal tops that. Congrads!!

holy crap, I'm gonna be sick from all the awesome :puke:

That's a hot deal to say the least.

Interested in trading one of the iPhones? :)

Seriously, though, awesome deal. Are you going to ebay the Apple Store GC or burn it on shit you don't need?

I actually already agreed to sell the 4gig iPhone to a friend. Then my roommate saw/played with mine and he wanted the 4gig... so I've got a couple people lined up.

As for the $200, I was thinking I'd burn it on shit I don't need.

Honestly, I'm thinking about getting the 70$ applecare warranty on my 8 gig iPhone and using the other $130 on Christmas presents... or a Christmas present for myself in the form of Bose TriPort AE's.

Very, very impressive deal. One definitely worth bragging about.

BTW, I love the avatar, I thought those GI Joe public service vid spoofs were absoluty fucking hilarious.

"Who wants a body massage!? I'm a body massage machine."

wow i hate to say this, but i hate you for having an awesome deal on 2 freakin' iphones and $200 worth of apple crap. you should be named as having the best week evaar on vh1. good for you man!

My friend got a Nissan 350Z and a 3 iPhones for one iPhone

That deal>Your deal

Still, you got a very good deal. Congrats. Enjoy the iPhone.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']Nice!

What job do you do that requires working 19 hour days?[/QUOTE]
My question is what job does he have that requires 19 hour days and yet lets him post almost daily on cag? (0.7 times a day)

[quote name='ananag112']My friend got a Nissan 350Z and a 3 iPhones for one iPhone

That deal>Your deal

Still, you got a very good deal. Congrats. Enjoy the iPhone.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...the kid with the unlocked iPhone, right? He got a good deal considering other methods were found days later :lol:

bread's done
Back