This Weeks 48 hours Madness GoGamer

Picked up Tribes, Restricted Area, Psychonauts and Just Cause.

Already have Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale and Bards Tale. Great Games BTW.

Ah.... looks like I'm in for Bard's Tale... and Psychonauts... and Icewind Dale II... and Baldur's Gate II... and Tribes: Vengeance. Guess I won't be getting out much in the near future. Good deals... that's a lot of game for under $30.

i picked up tribes: vengeance quite a while back for $12 and really liked it; great deal. psychonauts for that price is a steal too.

Don't you mean, "this weak GoGamer sale." Hehe.

Seriously, no 360 games but some great deals there for the pc. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

I bought Tribes Vengeance a while back, it was well worth the $10 I spent, for $3 price it's a steal.
Psychonauts was an amazing game for the xbox, probably just as good for the PC, but I think you would want a gamepad.

I'm picking up Icewind Dale, I'll pick up Just Cause for the 360 eventually instead. Overall this looks like a decent sale for PC games.

This is actually the best Gogamer madness sale in a few months. Anyone else think it's gone down hill lately? I used to count on it for new releases. But the Dark Messiah sale never came, and not one great sale since.

And to those complaining about lack of console games: I'm pretty sure 48 hour madness rarely (if ever) has console games, at least until lately.

[quote name='feek']This is actually the best Gogamer madness sale in a few months. Anyone else think it's gone down hill lately? I used to count on it for new releases. But the Dark Messiah sale never came, and not one great sale since.

And to those complaining about lack of console games: I'm pretty sure 48 hour madness rarely (if ever) has console games, at least until lately.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion it seems like it has been going downhill since they started throwing in the console games. For years (before CAG was even around) it had always been one of the few regular deals you could count on for PC games, but now that seems to be suffering somewhat with the addition of the non-PC offerings.

[quote name='feek']This is actually the best Gogamer madness sale in a few months. Anyone else think it's gone down hill lately? I used to count on it for new releases. But the Dark Messiah sale never came, and not one great sale since.[/QUOTE]

Being able to get 6 pretty good games, at least 3 that have to be considered classics, for under $40 can't be complained about. Think about it and you couldn't get that much quality gameplay by spending three or four hundred on new games when BG2 alone (not counting the expansion) has about 200 hours of legitimate play time. I already have BG2 but never picked up the expansion, so I'm tempted to get it again just for that.

[quote name='KillingMachine']In my opinion it seems like it has been going downhill since they started throwing in the console games.[/QUOTE]

Actually you hit it right on the head. When they started including console stuff was when they redid their site and started trying to push their console and music offerings much more. Seems like they're really eyeing that console sales pie and PC is becoming a second thought to them. Granted, some of it may be coincidental as the number of PC games being released did take a pretty sharp drop a little earlier then usual. While there were a lot of games released this holiday the PC didn't have much in the way of quality that it got earlier in the year and in the late summer. Still some stuff just hasn't shown up at all when you could always count on the new releases showing up for $35 or less within a month.

I dug Restricted Area quite a bit. Not everyones cup of tea, but if you want a Sci-Fi Diabloish, Falloutish game, pick it up.

Wait, I take that back. It's less than 3 bucks. Buy it regardless.

I wanted to like Restricted Area so badly for the reasons you stated but in the end the bugs just killed my ability to enjoy it. It was in sore need of a patch, which was in the works...until the publisher yanked financial support from the team that made the game. If not for that, I'd recommend it without hesitation.

Oh and thanks OP, I ordered Tribes: Vengeance and Icewind Dale 2. (I'd been eyeing the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection but I already have the original Icewind Dale and the prospect of paying $25 - $30 for its expansion, ID2 and some bonus stuff just didn't appeal to me.)

[quote name='feek']This is actually the best Gogamer madness sale in a few months. Anyone else think it's gone down hill lately? I used to count on it for new releases. But the Dark Messiah sale never came, and not one great sale since.

And to those complaining about lack of console games: I'm pretty sure 48 hour madness rarely (if ever) has console games, at least until lately.[/quote]

I've shopped at GoGamer.com for quite awhile. They have always been great for sales on PC games and have pretty good service. Once in awhile they used to have a deal or two on console games, but had a limited inventory. It seems their selection of console games has grown, but with a price....their shipping costs are all over the map.
The cost of shipping varies greatly with what you buy. Two PC games can be had, shipped for $2.60....but depending on what console game you buy, it can cost $4.50 to $8.50 shipping each or for 2....add a couple more and the price jumps to almost $13.00....it's a crap shoot until you total the items in your cart. It looks like the price will vary depending on what titles you buy too.

That's the only gripe I have about them. :???:

Hmm, tempted on Restricted Area, but it got some pretty meh reviews on Gamerankings. Sounds like it could've been really cool though! Diablo + Fallout sounds like my cup of tea!

bread's done
Back