This Wrestling Thread has been brought to you via Satellite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that I don't think their should have been WCW faces, but in general they were going to be treated like heels from the WWE crowd.
They weren't. All of the WCW guys were being cheered in the beginning because they were attacking Austin and Vince. If you can, find what people were saying and see stuff from that time period.

A lot of the WWF crowd aren't as staunchly loyal as Vince would have you believe. He may try and herp derp his crowd into submission ALOT but time and time again, they've shown they're the ones paying and will cheer who/what they want.

Correct. There's a reason Raw's ratings have been higher the past two weeks than they have been since early 2009. It's not that the public is enthralled with the prospect of Cena taking on Miz, mind you.

EDIT: Tonight's the night! 3-3-11! OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?

New home here then.

I'm still baffled by that Lawler/Cole spoiler. I've never... well, whatever, I don't want to give anything away but there's no way in hell that *change* would push me towards buying WM.

[quote name='Halo05']New home here then.

I'm still baffled by that Lawler/Cole spoiler. I've never... well, whatever, I don't want to give anything away but there's no way in hell that *change* would push me towards buying WM.[/QUOTE]

At the beginning of this year I was very ready to pay for WM. At this point i know I am not.

[quote name='mykevermin']Correct. There's a reason Raw's ratings have been higher the past two weeks than they have been since early 2009. It's not that the public is enthralled with the prospect of Cena taking on Miz, mind you.

EDIT: Tonight's the night! 3-3-11! OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

:roll: TNA taping weeks in advance might be nice for its wrestlers but it really kills interest when you get exposed to spoilers when you're not even trying...

[quote name='LoveLost']At the beginning of this year I was very ready to pay for WM. At this point i know I am not.[/QUOTE]

This year's Wrestlemania is the reason why there's "those" type of websites...

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Damn, the Rock's promo was fucking killer. 10 minutes of awesome.[/QUOTE]

It should have been via The Rock being in the ring talking to the crowd in person. Having The Rock talk via satellite just cheapened what he had to say two weeks ago when he was there in person. Sure, it was a good promo, but I wasn't feeling The Rock's commitment.

[quote name='Chuplayer']It should have been via The Rock being in the ring talking to the crowd in person. Having The Rock talk via satellite just cheapened what he had to say two weeks ago when he was there in person. Sure, it was a good promo, but I wasn't feeling The Rock's commitment.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I was. The emotion he generated made me feel like there was legit heat between the two. If there ever was, I'm sure it was squashed by now, but the sheer emotion exuded by him made it amazing even if it was via satellite.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']:roll: TNA taping weeks in advance might be nice for its wrestlers but it really kills interest when you get exposed to spoilers when you're not even trying...

This year's Wrestlemania is the reason why there's "those" type of websites...[/QUOTE]

I can see that happening. Live the show was the shit. I was a little mad that they changed the hard camera side for the show. I would have made a "Fat Trakan is fat" and a "Bayxter Stockmang" sign had I known. I think I might see my goofy ass quite a bit tonight.

[quote name='mykevermin']
EDIT: Tonight's the night! 3-3-11! OH MY GOD WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I'll fall asleep mid show and my wife will come retrieve me when Manswers is on and ask me what the hell I'm watching? I'm just guessing here...

[quote name='Halo05']I'd be so, so okay with Velvet Sky hitting me.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather it be Trish Stratus or Beth Phoenix myself...

Good news for Shark Boy:

http://www.wrestling-edge.com/tna-n...s-headlines-bang-dixie-carter-appearance.html

– Shark Boy announced on his official website that he requested his release from TNA Wrestling, which was granted.

“I have officially requested and been granted my release from TNA Wrestling,” he wrote. “I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at TNA for giving me the opportunity to perform in front of their audience since the very early days of the company. Thanks especially to the great TNA fans who have given me their support throughout the past eight years… Now on to the next chapter!”

I guess it's off to CHIKARA for him.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I just found this on another forum. now sure why it happened though:
[/QUOTE]

It's not a Hot97 interview unless somebody gets hit/stabbed/shot during or after.

TNA automatically looks more professional in this arena. Huge difference. As does having a crowd that seems to give a fuck.

For what it's worth, the crowd for tonight's impact has been red-hot. It's a shame that the crowd has gone to waste with this show so far.

Getting out of the Impact Zone really helps a lot. The camera angles were good, big crowd, entrances were better, etc. It makes it feel like a real wrestling show. However, TNA still has the same problem with these "big" shows. They throw like 100 things at the wall within two hours, and none of it gets developed. All these angles they've been hyping for weeks just didn't have a real payoff.

Beer Money, Taz, Flair, Angle, EY, and OJ ruled. Hogan was great during exactly one line when he said he slammed a 700 pound giant and Anderson never did. Then he called him an asshole, which is true - Anderson is the least likeable character in wrestling. He loses clean, doesn't get a rematch exactly when he wants it, and then whines until he gets what he wants. The wedding...the second one was great from beginning to end, the first was only great when Jeff was trying with all his might to avoid hitting a "TEN FOOT HIGH" CAKE. Angle telling his kid that "daddy's taping up his fists" ruled. Morgan-Hernandez was awful and I can't fucking believe they've got to do a rematch now. The Bellator dude at least tried on commentary - he started off terrible, but got into things well. Felt weird to have the C-rate MMA group advertised here on THE HOME OF UFC, but at least it did give that group some kind of exposure on a major network. Women's match was over quickly. I LOLed at Velvet here in this grudge match going for contrived lucha spots. Then the Shore came out and Robbie slipped. Goddamn what a bad time to be him - might have to cut his salary down to pay these Jersey Shore people, who are probably making more in an appearance combined than he makes as a PE teacher. Flair accosting Jeff Jarrett for wanting to go see Harry Potter with the kids instead of giving the wife "a little WOOlala" fucking ruled the world. Flair has easily been the best overall 2010 hire for them as far as making the show more entertaining.

Taz lamenting the Jets' defense during the Bart Scott ankle lock was great. The company came off as more major league being in a real building that looked good and also didn't sound rinky-dink, but they didn't mic it well at all and the first instance of five billion dudes yelling in the back came off terribly as a result. Sting's return was really built up well with the big intro, and I gotta give him credit - he moved around really well. I had very low expectations given what little he was able to do in 2010, but now he looks like he can actually go again. I almost hope he gets a good reign here because then at least SOMEONE would, because they're killing the title further with these super-short wins, but he probably isn't the guy to do that. Maybe when Joe hits 50, they'll have some faith in him to carry the ball.

Screens -

FIRST THING ON THE fuckING SHOW!

Mr. WOOlala -

Quotes -
Tenay - THE TNA PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER IS HERE! THE MOMENT HAS ARRIVED!
Dixie - I wanted to say thank you for each and every one of you who have reached out to me with your e-mails, tweets, face book messages, and talking to you at TNA live events - these months have meant the world to me. Your support has given me strength, but I’m here tonight…to share with you…the outcomes of the legal proceedings and the court ruling that came down this morning and while things did not go as I’d hoped… (MIDI Child hits)
Tenay - DIXIE’S BODY LANGUAGE DOESN’T LOOK POSITIVE!
Eric - Dixie, when we agreed earlier today to let you come out and say goodbye to all your fans, that didn’t mean we wanted you to come out and do your PR psin and spread your Dixie dust around and try to twitter your way out of reality. We’re busy guys with a lot to do tonight and our time is more valable than that. Dixie, I respect you. I’ve learned a lot from you. And even though you’re a woman in a man’s world, YOU HAVE A MASSIVE SET OF BALLS!
Flair - Are you understanding where you are young lady THIS IS FLAIR COUNTRY! YOU GOT THAT VIBRATION! And they all know that had you taken my room key in Orlando, we would’ve avoided all this and you woulda been on a long year-long ride. Instead, you elect to text, tweet, e-mail, voice mail and whatever else you do because you think they’ll love you? Is that what gets you off? WE GET THEM OFF - they don’t get us off, you know what gets me off? LIMO RIDING, JET FLYING, KISS-STEALING, WOMEN THAT WANNA GO WOO ALL NIGHT LONG! And to get that, you gotta have money, and your power, and we want you rmoney, your time, your energy - everything you got. By the way, there’s a Holiday Inn down the road baby, HERE’S THE LEGEND, HULK HOGAN!
Taz - I think the judge went towards Hogan.
Hogan - YA KNOW SOMETHING MANIACS, MAYBE I’M JUST AMPED UP CUZ OF THE ELECTRICITY, OR MAYBE MY ADRENAL GLANDS ARE PUMPING SO FAST THAT I CAN’T THINK STRAIGHT, BUT DIXIE, I KNOW CONTROL 100% OF TNA! TNA IS ALL MINE. FROM EVERYTHING IN THE RING, TO MY OFFICE IN NASHVILLE - I MAKE ALL THE DECISIONS. DIXIE, you’re just unemployed. NO ONE’S EGO IS AS BIG AS YOURS. WE USED YOU! WE USED TO GET RIGHT BACK ON TOP OF THE WRESTLING BUSINESS. Somewhere, while you were away being delusional, you forgot what your place in TNA is - YOU SUPPLY THE MONEY. PERIOD! THIS WASN’T ABOUT YOU AND ME BEING PARTNERS, THIS WAS ABOUT ME AND MY REAL PARTNER ERIC USING YOU TO GET BACK ON TOP OF THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING BUSINESS! WE USED YOU CUZ YOU’RE A WEAK WOMAN. WE USED YOU AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY, AND THE WHOLE THING YOU HAVE LEFT IS YOUR DIGNITY, and like they say in Nashville - we’re fixin’ to take that away too. But you do have ALL THESE FANS OUT HERE. Bur ya know something Dixie? THEY DON’T HAVE MUCH TO SAY ABOUT IT NOW DO THEY!?
Dixie - They do…
Hogan - THEY DON’T HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH IT. IT’S YOU AND ME! (Fortune comes out to a new Power Rangers theme)
AJ - We can do this the easy way or the hard way, BUT WE LIKE IT THE HARD WAY. But there’s a woman in the ring.
Kaz - And by woman, he’s not talking about you Bischoff.
AJ - DIXIE CARTER, A WOMAN WE CARE DEEPLY ABOUT, WHO GAVE US A CHANCE IN TNA, AND THE SAME LADY WHO BROUGHT US HERE TO NORTH CAROLINA! Get out of the ring, Dixie.
Eric - WE’VE HAD OUR FUN!
Roode - HEY HOGAN! I cannot believe that you were the reason I became a wrestler. There’s an old saying that you should never meet your idols, because at the end of the day, all they’ll do is let you down. AND AS SURE AS I’M STANDING HERE TODAY, THAT STATEMENT COULDN’T BE ANYMORE TRUE! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
Flair - HE’S MY FRIEND!
Roode - I’m not talking to you.
Flair - YEAH! NOW YOU’RE TALKING TO GOD. YOU KISS HIS ASS, KISS MY ASS, AND KEEP WALKING!
Roode - How about instead of kissing it, WE KICK YOUR ASS!
Hogan - BIG ROB, THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD!
Bart Scott - Who are you? Jermaine Hardy?
Eric - I get SOME PHONE CALL from SOME NETWORK EXECUTIVE saying that Jeff Hardy’s defending the title tonight. I’M ASSUMING THEY DIDN’T KNOW WHO WAS GONNA WIN THE COURT CASE, AND I ASSUME THAT KEN ANDERSON WILL BE THE OPPONENT!
Hogan - Brother, don’t assume anything - ANYTHING CAN AND WILL HAPPEN!
Tenay - I thought you were the guy that brought Bart Scott here?
Taz - Everyone likes him.
Taz - They singled Storm out as the sacrificial lamb. It’s a tough lamb with a big boot though.
Moore - Whoa boys. James, CHAMPS, WELCOME TO NORTH CACILAKI! And these are my people! AND THIS IS MY HOUSE. And this is my book of DILLIGAF! Do you know what DILLIGAF means? If you don’t, DO I LOOK LIKE A GIVE A fuck!? Chapter 13 says that at Victory Road the marquee’s gonna read Beer Money versus Ink Inc in a title match, if you boys ain’t cowards.
Storm - Boy, THERE’S NO BITCH IN THIS BLOCK. WE’LL GIVE YOU THE SHOT CUZ WE’RE THE BEST TAG TEAM IN THE BUSINESS TODAY. BEER! MONEY! Sorry about your damn luck.
EY - JEFF, JEFF, CAN I BEAT THE BEST MAN?!
Jarrett - NO ERIC! (slams door)
EY - Okay… MAID OF HONOR!
Jarrett - NO ERIC! (slams door)
Karen - Just KEEP THE DOOR SHUT!
EY - JEFF, RING BEARER!
Jarrett - Ring bearer? Okay…
Karen - JEFF!
Jarrett - It’s just Eric…
Taz - Will this be the first wedding in wrestling history to go off without a hitch?
Cookie - REMEMBER WHEN YOU BROUGHT YOUR FAKE FRIEND JWOWW IN!? YOU BEAT ME DOWN 4 ON ONE. I GOT MY GIRL ANGELINA - THE REAL STAR OF JERSEY SHORE!
Taz - It’s Robbie’s first day with his new feet.
Cookie - Get it together, Robbie!
Angelina Shore - SHUT UP! If you would hang out with JWOWW, IT TAKES A SLUT TO KNOW A SLUT. I WANT HER TO COME HERE NEXT WEEK TO BATTLE ME IN A MATCH JERSEY SHORE STYLE!
Velvet - Skank, if you have something to say to JWOWW, say it to her face! NOW, THE BPS HAVE A CELEBRATION TO DO!
Taz - It’s…THE OTHER ANGELINA AND COOKIE!
Love - HEY YOU STUPID BITCHES! SARITA, YOU WANNA PLAY WITH THE BPS, BRING THE FAT COOKIE, THE JERSEY HOOKER, AND NEXT WEEK, WE’LL HAVE A GOOD OLD SIX WAY!/
Taz - Six way with the knockouts and the other Angelina!?
Anderson - I GET A TITLE SHOT TONIGHT. The network knows they made a mistake last week, BUT THEY KNOW THEY MADE A MISTAKE. THEY WANT RATINGS, AND THEY KNOW WHERE THE RATINGS ARE - HERE! NICE THINGS DO SOMETIMES HAPPEN TO ASSHOLES! ASSHOLES!
Flair - Let’s talk about that honeymoon!
Jarrett - You’re an expert at them, but you’ve never had one like this - big jet, gonna go to Orlando. I’ve got the passes…VIP - straight to the ront of the line at HARRY POTTER! The kids, the seven of us, ONE BIG FAMILY!
Flair - Why not bring your mother in law and kill yourself? IT’S A HONEYMOON! YOU GOTTA GIVE HER THE WOOLALA!
Angle - Cody, Daddy is taping his wrists…
Hogan - I know this business as well as you do - IN YOUR BIG EIFFEL TOWER! Anderson would be THE GUY FOR RATINGS, BUT DON’T HIDE THE BALL! I DON’T AGREE WITH SURPRISES EQUAL RATINGS!
Taz - Orlando’s the flower…person. Girl or boy, depending on how he’s feeling today.
Taz - There’s the groom to be. Is he really a groom to be since he’s married already?
Tenay - THAT TAKES THE CAKE, KURT!
Hogan - No more ladder matches - that last one was crazy.
Hogan - THE COMPANY’S ON A ROLL NOW THAT YOU GOT THE TITLE BACK!
Hogan - For some reason, the network thinks THAT SURPRISES EQUAL RATINGS!
Hardy - YOU WANT ME TO DEFEND AGAINST THE UKNOWN?
Hogan - If I knew who it was, I’d set ‘em up and let you knock ‘em down at 7-11 brother.
Eric - I FRICKIN HATE WEDDINGS!
Taz - The posedown didn’t happen cuz… Steiner wasn’t in the mood to pose.
Taz - Steiner will beat you down then show you his ass. That’s his style.
Tenay - STEINERLINE!
Taz - Steiner’s gonna get his swell on. Sorry. Gym talk. Both of these guys like lift things up and put them down.
Bart Scott - Who’s this guy?
Flair - HE’S KURT ANGLE! HE THINKS HE’S MR. WRESTLING HIMSELF. I GOT ME AN ENFORCER - JACKED AND READY TO DO, AND HE LIKES WHITE MEAT - THAT’S YOU. And if you interfere in the wedding before they exchange their vows, THEN YOU’VE GOT A PROBLEM. YOU WANNA BE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE NEW YORK TIMES GETTING YOUR ASS KICKED? TRY IT!
Scott - You’re a lot smaller in person.
Flair - WOOO!
Warren - Bellator comes to…MTV2...in 2 days.
Warren - THERE’S ABOUT SIX HUNDRED POUNDS IN THERE!
Tenay - LIVE FIGHTS ON MTV 2 EVERY SATURDAY NGIHT!
Tenay - THAT’S THE FIRST TIME I CAN RECALL SOMEONE COUNTERING THE SHIRT TOSS! THAT JUST SHOWS YOU HOW WELL HE KNOWS HIM!
(after the Morgan elbows that never connect)Warren - THAT’S BELLATOR, BOYS!
Hogan - PLEASE AND THANK YOU - I NEED TO KNOW WHO HARDY’S FACING! GET ANDERSON IN HERE!
Anderson - It’s Mr. Anderson.
Hogan - I don’t like you.
Anderson - And I hate you.
Hogan - You don’t get a title shot?
Anderson - WHAT!? I DON’T GET A SHOT!? WHY DO YOU KEEP SCREWING WITH ME!? YOU AND YOUR CRONIES!
Hogan - THIS IS MY FIRST WEEK BACK, WE’RE IN THE SAME BOAT! This ain’t gonna happen tonight brother…
Anderson - That a back brace?
Hogan - Yeah.
Anderson - YOU DISGUST ME!
Hogan - LEMME KNOW WHEN YOU SLAM A SEVEN HUNDRED POUND GIANT. ASSHOLE!
Taz - That’s Eric Young and that’s Orlando Jordan - the ring…whatever. This is absurd on a thousand different levels.
Taz - Is he a groom? He’s already married.
Tenay - Well…
Taz - YOU LIVE IN VEGAS, YOU SEE PEOPLE GET MARRIED TWICE IN ONE DAY! I’m coming to you for advice.
Tenay - Thanks.
Taz - Well, you are a lot older than me.
Taz - She’s still got cake on her - guess she didn’t take Eric’s advice and take a shower. Mike, cat got your tongue? You ever see a wrestling wedding before? They don’t go well. Round 1 didn’t go well, maybe round 2 will be better. Karen’s gorgeous with cake on her face and whipped cream on her head. This is awkward. Gee, your hair smells terrific.
Pastor - We are here to witness a renewal of vows. If there are any reasons why these two people shouldn’t recommit, please speak now or forever hold your peace. Jeff, will you have this woman to be your wife?
Jarrett - I HAVE AND I WILL!
Pastor - Will you live together and love him and comfort him in sickness and in health? If so, answer I will.
Karen - I have and I will!
Pastor - Now to you in the crowd, WILL ALL OF YOU DO ALL IN YOUR POWER TO UPHOLD THESE TWO!?
People - BOOO!
Taz - I thought this was the Bible belt?
Pastor - Because of their undying love, both Jeff and Karen have prepared their own vows for the world to hear.
Taz - Custom promo he’s got - cool!
Jarrett - Sometimes I’m long-winded and tonight is a special occasion and I knew I’d be nervous, so I wrote mine - Karen, now you are married TO A REAL MAN! And not some HARMLESS, GUTLESS, EXCUSE FOR A MAN. I WILL FOREVER TREAT YOU LIKE THE TRUE PRINCESS YOU ARE. You’re a victim - underappreciated. By a man, scoot over. That didn’t deserve to have you in the first place. Look at me - all the gold medals in the world could never symbolize my love for you - you are the wind beneath my wings.
Taz - I think the gold medal one mighta been a shot at Kurt.
Karen - Jeff, you’re right. YOU ARE A REAL MAN! Not like another man. From the moment we fell in love, you made me your first priority - not like another man may have not done. You make sure whatever the princess wants, she gets it. My big daddy makes sure his princess gets it, and before we go to bed, you make sure your princess goes to bed happy. You make sure your princess is taken care of - not like another man. Jeff, you’re an amazing father. No matter how tired you are, you walk through those doors with a smile on your face, hug all of us, and wanna hear about our days and what we’ve done. You don’t wanna hear about you, you wanna hear about us. You complete me.
Pastor - The rings please.
Taz - It’s in his shoe, and why not?
Pastor - Repeat after me - I give you this ring as a symbol of my vow, and with all that I and all that I have, I honor you. And now Karen, the ring for Jeff please.
Pastor - IT IS MY PRIVELEDGE, WITH THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA AND ITS DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES, TO ANNOUNCE YOU AS MAN AND WIFE.
Angle - Father…we done here?
Pastor - Yes.
Angle - Thank you…
Tenay - KURT ANGLE’S GOT AN AXE!?
Taz - Does he even need an axe?
Bart Scott - DON’T TURN YOUR BACK ON BART SCOTT!
Taz - GET OFF HIS ANKLE - YOU’LL RUIN THE JETS DEFENSE!
Hardy - No, no, I’M JEFF fuckING HARDY. THIS IS MY HOME STATE. I WALKED IN WORLD CHAMP, AND I’LL WALK OUT WORLD CHAMP!
Taz - There’s a lot of speculation as to where Sting was going - well, HE’S GOING NOWHERE. HE’S HERE IN TNA - TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING!

I'm ok with Sting moving towards a look that evokes the start of his career. I think the mopey crow stuff was played out years ago.

Taking TNA on the road does make a huge difference, it appears.

I sort of flipped back and forth to Impact, and I do agree that getting out of the ImpactZone hugely helps the show, in both look and how much better the crowd was.

Problem is, it still had all the hallmarks of what I hate about TNA. A new coat of paint didn't fix any of the problems under the hood, so the speak. I let a lot of little stuff slide more because the show itself felt different, but Sting winning the belt? Yeah, no. In a week where I absolutely LOATHED WWE's booking on Raw, TNA came along and still took the prize. It'd be impressive if it wasn't so damn depressing.

TNA. WWE. Whoever. I don't care. I just want a nationally televised wrestling show booked by someone who remembers HOW.

Taker's entrance on Smackdown tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPNNg-LDA7g

Cool stuff. I actually like how the crowd is quiet, it adds to it. I think they need to redo his video and effects though, it doesn't fit as well with the new music (unless they're just sticking with this song for this week / short term). He should also probably speed up his top of ramp - to - standing in ring pace a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raw in Dallas. Smackdown in Houston. I could go to both, but I don't think I'm going to either.

For one if I went I could only afford a nose bleed ticket. I rather my first time be closer to front row.

For two the Rocks call in promo annoyed the shit out of me. Now I worry Austin will do the same, though it's unlikely as he Lives in TX.

EDIT: Thought he stilled lived in Texas. Seems not. That doesn't help.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Cool stuff. I actually like how the crowd is quiet, it adds to it. I think they need to redo his video and effects though, it doesn't fit as well with the new music (unless they're just sticking with this song for this week / short term). He should also probably speed up his top of ramp - to - standing in ring pace a little.[/QUOTE]

Give it a couple weeks, they'll get it right. From what it appears, they just swapped out new music and kept everything else the same. Knowing how meticulously they sculpt all the trimmings of the show, and how big/important entrances are, they'll get it right.

One thing they did get right was to have the announcers shut up during the entrance. WWE seems to recognize the value of announcer restraint better now than they ever have. This isn't the first time recently they did that.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but UT's promo seems more...human...than I'm accustomed to him being (aside from motorcycle UT). Fuller sentences, more complex sentences, bigger metaphors than just the kind of rest in peace stuff he did in the past.

I'm glad they made the change with his theme, though. It makes a huge difference in how appealing he is to me. I loved him as a kid in the 90's, and after motorcycle undertaker, began to lose interest. I recognize his value to the company as a commodity, but I also know it's not for me so much anymore. But something about the way he's presenting himself, combined with what I said a few weeks ago about using that particular Cash song - it's foreshadowing the end of his in-ring career. It's reminding us that he's not going to wrestle forever, and eventually he'll be gone for good (not dead, just retired). It helps evoke the excellent memories I developed of his career, feuds, and matches. Not to sound like I'm gushing too much, but let's be honest: this is the beginning of Undertaker's "farewell tour" and a song like Cash does such an outstanding job at setting the mood.

I'm glad WWE made that change. Maybe they read our discussions here. :lol:

(yes, yes, of course not. i'm kidding.)

Noticed he's back in the biker pants too.

I feel like the entrance should have more of the 2-21-11 video aesthetic thrown in...dusty,brown.

Look, all I know is, I don't want HHH to be the one to break his streak if it's gonna be broken at all. There's only 2 or 3 people I could think of I'd actually want to see break the streak, and Trips ain't one of them.

Hey guys, check out my new tatt:

therock.jpg

I'll echo everything that myke said about Taker. *This* is where Taker needs to be right now, especially since the 'invincible Deadman' gimmick had more than run it's course. It seems like we're on the course I talked about a few weeks ago... I don't want Deadman Taker, but I also think that biker Taker was just a bit too far. This seems to meet right in the middle, which I'm a big, big fan of. He's still Taker, but just more humanized. I do hope they tweak the entrance, though. It also solves the issue of them calling him 'The Last Outlaw', which made zero sense up until now. I still hate it, but at least now there's a reasoning behind it.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... 20-0. Next year's WrestleMania is the furthest I think we'll see Taker go in terms of an in-ring career. While I'd be okay with him stopping after this year (really, I would've been fine with last year), he might as well hang around for a year, make it an even 20, and call it a day. If anything, that's what I find interesting about this year's match-up... I could make a compelling case for this being either guys last match, and I'd give HHH the same timeframe as Taker. Both of these guys are winding down, and I'm damn curious to see where they end up. Which, on a side note, I was even beginning to think that this could be HHH's retirement match, running only on the absolutely bizarre basis that he was crying on Raw when he came out. It obviously didn't play into the storyline at all, and it would be weird that after as many times as he's returned, this is the one where the emotion overtook him. It just immediatly plugged into my brain as 'could he be realizing this is his last big return as a wrestler?'. There's no indication that it's headed that way yet, but it was a small thing that I picked up on.

I was almost sure that this was going to be HHH's retirement match. First there was all the career vs streak rumors. Then on Raw, he said he'd beat Taker or die tryin. That sorta pointed me into that direction...

Of course HHH won't win (no way they pass up the opportunity to promote him going for 20-0 next year), but they're actually sort of doing a good job of trying to convince us otherwise so far. Undertaker specifically saying the streak will never be broken in that promo would normally be a surefire indicator that 'Taker would lose. I definitely think this is it for Undertaker though...I'd guess he's got a year left and that's probably going to be it. They'll probably at least try to get him to show up for Mania a few more times after that, but as far as being a regular on the active roster, he's already had one foot in the grave for years now (HA HA). Dude's body just can't hold up much longer.

I don't think H will ever really retire, he'll just be more Undertaker-ish as time goes on - the appearances will be come fewer and further between. It's not like he's going to leave the company anytime in the next decade or two. Unless Steph catches him banging Dixie Carter or something.

That's not to say they won't shoehorn the retirement stip into the upcoming match in the next few weeks, it just means he won't stick to it like Michaels did.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Of course HHH won't win (no way they pass up the opportunity to promote him going for 20-0 next year), but they're actually sort of doing a good job of trying to convince us otherwise so far. Undertaker specifically saying the streak will never be broken in that promo would normally be a surefire indicator that 'Taker would lose. I definitely think this is it for Undertaker though...I'd guess he's got a year left and that's probably going to be it. They'll probably at least try to get him to show up for Mania a few more times after that, but as far as being a regular on the active roster, he's already had one foot in the grave for years now (HA HA). Dude's body just can't hold up much longer.

I don't think H will ever really retire, he'll just be more Undertaker-ish as time goes on - the appearances will be come fewer and further between. It's not like he's going to leave the company anytime in the next decade or two. Unless Steph catches him banging Dixie Carter or something.

That's not to say they won't shoehorn the retirement stip into the upcoming match in the next few weeks, it just means he won't stick to it like Michaels did.[/QUOTE]

He's certainly positioning himself to run the company if Steph doesn't want to do it when Vince retires.

Here's the contents of The Very Best of WCW Nitro set:

Disc 1:

WCW History Lesson

Flyin’ Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
4th September, 1995

Hulk Hogan vs. Big Bubba Rogers
4th September, 1995

“Macho Man” Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair & Arn Anderson
8th January, 1996

“Rome wasn’t built in a day.”

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Sting and Lex Luger vs. The Road Warriors
5th February, 1996

Parking Lot Brawl
Lord Steven Regal vs. Belfast Bruiser
29th April, 1996

Eddie Guerrero vs. Ric Flair
20th May, 1996

Scott Hall Nitro Debut
27th May, 1996

Kevin Nash Nitro Debut
10th June, 1996

Migrating to Hot’Lanta

WCW World Tag Team Championship Triangle Match
Sting & Lex Luger vs. The Steiner Brother vs. Harlem Heat
24th June, 1996

nWo is Taking Over
8th July, 1996

nWo Awoke a Sleeping Giant

The Outsiders attack WCW Superstars
29th July, 1996

Sting & Lex Luger vs. The Outsiders Scott Hall & Kevin Nash
12th August, 1996

nWo takes Over
26th August, 1996

“Sting” attacks Lex Luger
9th September, 1996

The Enigmatic Sting

Sting walks out on Nitro
16th September, 1996

Rowdy Roddy Piper confronts Eric Bischoff
18th November, 1996

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko
30th December, 1996

Disc 2:

Badda Bang!

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Mark Starr
13th January, 1997

Harvey Schiller suspends Eric Bischoff
3rd March, 1997

Sting attacks the nWo
17th March, 1997

The High- Flying Cruiserweights

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Syxx vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
21st April, 1997

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger
4th August, 1997

Disregard for Tradition & Authority

nWo mocks the Four Horsemen
1st September, 1997

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Buff Bagwell
29th September, 1997

Sting Saves DDP from the nWo
27th October, 1997

Sting vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
2nd February, 1998

Jericho’s 1004 Holds
30th March, 1998

Who’s Next?

Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Goldberg
6th July, 1998

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
Kevin Nash & Sting vs. Scott Hall & The Giant
20th July, 1998

Non-Title Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chris Jericho
3rd August, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Juventud Guerrera vs. Billy Kidman
14th September, 1998

Tradition Returns!

Ric Flair Returns to the Four Horsemen
14th September, 1998

WCW United States Championship Match
Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Diamond Dallas Page
26th October, 1998

Ric Flair vs. Eric Bischoff
28th December, 1998

Disc 3:

Cracks in the Armour

Kevin Nash vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan
4th January, 1999

Goldberg Spears The Hitman
29th March, 1999

Sting vs. Diamond Dallas Page
26th April, 1999

Solidifying a Legacy

Eddie Guerrero vs. Juventud Guerrera
21st June, 1999

Hulk Hogan & Goldberg & Sting vs. Kevin Nash & Sid Vicious & Rick Steiner
9th August, 1999

Billy Kidman vs. Diamond Dallas Page
16th August, 1999

Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Goldberg
20th December, 1999

Kevin Nash vs. Sid Vicious
24th January, 2000

Last Ditch Effort

The Bischoff & Russo Era Begins
10th April, 2000

Steel Cage Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jeff Jarrett vs. Diamond Dallas Page
24th April, 2000

Tag Team Ladder Match
3 Count vs. Jung Dragons
18th July, 2000

Booker T. vs. Lance Storm
7th August, 2000

Triple Cage War Games Match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship
4th September, 2000

Vince McMahon Buys WCW
26th March, 2001

Sting vs. Ric Flair
26th March, 2001

Celebrating WCW

Special Features:

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Mr. JL
26th August, 1996

Diamond Dallas Page Monday Nitro Highlights

It looks like a great set. I really like that they put the Sting vs Flair match from the last Nitro on there. I'll definitely be picking it up when it's released.

Damn, how can they put the Flair vs. Sting match from the final Nitro on there and NOT include the Flair vs. Sting match from the FIRST Nitro on there?? That was the match that put Nitro on the map, not just because of the fact it was Flair vs. Sting, but it's when Luger showed up out of nowhere when everyone thought he was still with the WWF.

Looks like a pretty good set, although at this point I just assume spend a little more and buy full season sets for the first 3 or 4 years from unauthorized sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back