This Xbox 360 auction I won.

Seems somewhat legit. You never can tell with this type of thing though. It looks like his feedback all came from little $.99 things he bought to build up some feedback. That could be okay though, since he needed some feedback, but it's a little iffy.

Honestly, the one thing that makes me kind of uneasy is the date on the photo. He's had this thing sealed in a box since 12/26? He could have gotten prime money for it back then.

If I were you, I would be apprehensive, but I'd probably roll the dice with Paypal and see what happened.

Edit: Oh, I just saw something else that put up some red flags for me. He has 3 feedbacks, but he has yet to leave a feedback for anyone. That doesn't strike me as a person that is interested in building up positive feedback for the long run on eBay.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']his feedback is pretty crappy too considering 2 of them were for 99 cent items including "build a feedback score of 100 in 7 days ebook!" LOL!
[/QUOTE]

i'm hoping he's just a young seller, his email was [email protected], that makes me wonder though, but i'm hoping this is legit, cause i've been wanting a 360 since launch.

Funny enough I just bought a 360 from best buy, they were just sitting on the shelf. Personally there is no way in hell I would have dropped that much money on a newbie ebay seller with no other major purchases sold behind his belt so all I can say is good luck.

I would have been hesitant bidding. If you check his completed auctions, yours is the third xbox 360 he's sold, and he hasn't sold anything else before. He's also reusing pics that don't even show all the actual contents included. I'm 100% sure the pics are not even his. One shows a play & charge kit, which was not part of the bundle. Another auction with 2 pictures you can tell they are not the same 360 (one has a sticker on the box, the other doesn't). By the way, he just keeps listing more and more 360 systems.

well, on the positive (or hell it could be negative, i just don't know), there was this at the bottom of his PSP auction...

"This is my new business E-Bay account, after your purchase feedback would be much appreciated. Thank You."

Account created 3 days ago + Feedback from 99 cent auctions = SCAMMER and quick way to make easy money out of you. Pay through a credit card and get your money back if it is indeed a scam. ALTHOUGH you never know cause i got scammed one time from a guy that had 33 positives.

luckily i did pay with credit card. so that's a good thing if it doesnt come through, i might do something about it tomorrow after 24 hours.

[quote name='MastaGamer']Hopefully this works out for you, it was a good deal if it does.[/QUOTE]

exactly, that's why i'm just praying it does....for some reason my roommate doesnt think he is, he just keeps making fun of me for spending $700 on all this, he doesn't realize how much its worth, and the fact that i'll sell of some of the stuff (like ridge racer, the wireless adaptor, fifa, and maybe quake and kameo, not sure yet though).

[quote name='Sulmona']well considering he is no longer a registered user, I dont think u are getting anything[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly

Ugh, you paid and he's Naru'd just hours later? That's horrible luck. There are reasons to be NARU'd other than being a thief but coupled with the other things already mentioned, definitely doesn't look good.

I'm not sure if you can file with PP this soon after paying or not. They may make you wait 7 days. And of course if the guy cleans out his PP account you'll have to go to your CC company when PP comes back that they can't help you.

Still a chance it'll work out, but take steps to protect yourself.

[quote name='tgk2044']alright, since that happened....will i get my money refunded? as in should i go file a paypal claim then?[/QUOTE]
Sure, give it a shot. But they're going to tell you that the seller has no money in his PayPal account so there's nothing they can do. Then you'll have to talk to your credit card company and hope they're one of the ones that will help. Some will tell you that your dispute is with a third party and they only cover the transaction between you and PayPal.

hmmm looking through the paypal details it says that "they" are a business? would that matter or can anybody really do that?

[quote name='Damian']Sure, give it a shot. But they're going to tell you that the seller has no money in his PayPal account so there's nothing they can do. Then you'll have to talk to your credit card company and hope they're one of the ones that will help. Some will tell you that your dispute is with a third party and they only cover the transaction between you and PayPal.[/QUOTE]

okay paypal covers your purchase up to $1,000 so he will get his money back regardless. This is the buyer's protection policy.

[quote name='Sulmona']okay paypal covers your purchase up to $1,000 so he will get his money back regardless. This is the buyer's protection policy.[/QUOTE]

Umm.. how does this work? When I got scammed on Ebay and went through Paypal to get a refund, I got back just the $4 he had left in his account and a vague promise they would 'keep trying' to get more - this being 8 months ago.

I'd say start with your Credit Card company immediately - they're you best bet to get back any money so report the problem ASAP.

paypal will not do anything, call your credit card company and explain everything and ask them to reverse the charges. Be sure to mention he is no longer a registered seller on ebay. Paypal will not do anything for you. Call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY.

You should never have gambled like this, not worth the risk

"Seller is no longer a Registered User"....warning...warning

the only time i got scammed on ebay was when i bought a super smash brothers for GC when they were "rare"...the kid never sent it, i bugged him, filed a paypal complaint, and called his house (got his mom who was rather nice to me...said he played the game with friends the day before) and i finally got my 40 bucks back

bread's done
Back