THOR 2: Dark World (Nov. 8, 2013) - Trailer

I wish they didn't spoil Loki already. I know that sort of thing would not stay quiet with his fanbase, but it ruins the surprise.

This is probably the movie I care the least about in Phase 2. The villain and story they're going with are just really boring to me. I think both Iron Man 3 and the new Captain America look far more interesting.

[quote name='DNukem170']I wish they didn't spoil Loki already. I know that sort of thing would not stay quiet with his fanbase, but it ruins the surprise.[/QUOTE]

It's been known for quite a while (since Phase 2 was announced, actually) that Hiddleston would be reprising his role as Loki. There was nothing to spoil there. We all knew he was going to be in it.

It looks pretty good so far. The brief look at Malekith was pretty rad.

[quote name='PimpLimp']This is probably the movie I care the least about in Phase 2. The villain and story they're going with are just really boring to me. I think both Iron Man 3 and the new Captain America look far more interesting.[/QUOTE]

Even with Phase 1, the first Thor felt like the weak one of the bunch(if you don't count Iron Man 2). Don't know if it's the material or what. That Thor movie just didn't feel like as exciting as Iron Man, Captain America or even the Incredible Hulk did.

With this new trailer, it just feels like "what am I supposed to be excited about?". It just doesn't feel like a must see movie like Iron Man 3 or what is supposed to be in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Yeah, way too early for Marvel to reveal Loki is in the sequel.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Even with Phase 1, the first Thor felt like the weak one of the bunch(if you don't count Iron Man 2). Don't know if it's the material or what. That Thor movie just didn't feel like as exciting as Iron Man, Captain America or even the Incredible Hulk did.

With this new trailer, it just feels like "what am I supposed to be excited about?". It just doesn't feel like a must see movie like Iron Man 3 or what is supposed to be in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Yeah, way too early for Marvel to reveal Loki is in the sequel.[/QUOTE]
In my opinion, Captain America wasn't as good as I'd hope it to be. The first Thor was much better.

I Enjoyed all the Avengers phase 1 films. Hell I enjoyed the individual films more then the actual Avengers movie, so no doubt I'll see it.

I only Marvel films since X-Men that I haven't liked have been Last Stand and Spidey 3, so you can bet I will be seeing this one.

FYI - apparenlty there are 2 post credit scenes in the film.

A mid and one all the way on the very end.

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels like there's alot of deleted scenes in this movie for some reason, like there seems to imply alot of stuff going on with Lady Sith, but the movie never gets around to it. Though I enjoyed it, still prefer the first, but it was enjoyable.

Also the IMax footage of Captain America: Winter Soldier before the movie was fucking awesome.

It feels like there's alot of deleted scenes in this movie for some reason, like there seems to imply alot of stuff going on with Lady Sith, but the movie never gets around to it. Though I enjoyed it, still prefer the first, but it was enjoyable.

Also the IMax footage of Captain America: Winter Soldier before the movie was fucking awesome.
Yeah I felt that, about Lady Sif, wished they had expanded on it.

Overall I enjoyed Thor.

Not the best comic book movie, but better than both IM3 and MoS in my opinion.

Speaking of Captain America, the crowd at my theater clapped after that trailer, and everyone got a kick out of the cameo!

The 1st end credit scene

is that Guardian of the Galaxy?
Infinity Gem?

Yeah I felt that, about Lady Sif, wished they had expanded on it.

Overall I enjoyed Thor.

Not the best comic book movie, but better than both IM3 and MoS in my opinion.

Speaking of Captain America, the crowd at my theater clapped after that trailer, and everyone got a kick out of the cameo!

The 1st end credit scene

is that Guardian of the Galaxy?
Infinity Gem?
Wait, you're asking about the end credits sequence and you have an avatar of obscure Jewish Marvel hero Moon Knight and don't know of what happened at the end credits? Really? I...Really?

And the answer is it leads to it and second answer is either read comics or play more video games.

Wait, you're asking about the end credits sequence and you have an avatar of obscure Jewish Marvel hero Moon Knight and don't know of what happened at the end credits? Really? I...Really?

And the answer is it leads to it and second answer is either read comics or play more video games.
I'm not familiar at all with GotG and couldn't hear what
Benicio Del Toro and Lady Sif was talking about, except the part where he says 1 down 6 to go.

Yes hes involved with thanos his name is
the collector and yes its an infinity gem but I think he called it a stone I don't know

That casual patton oswalt during his rant on star wars and making his own movie casually said there were only 5 like some casual, casual.

Saw this today. Loki was perfect throughout the film, especially that sequence where he goes through the various disguises. Though what Thor does with the coat rack might be the funniest moment in the entire MCU.

oh good to hear it was better than Iron Man 3.  But that wasn't my concern.  my concern was if it was going to be worse than Thor 1...seeing it tomorrow.

oh good to hear it was better than Iron Man 3. But that wasn't my concern. my concern was if it was going to be worse than Thor 1...seeing it tomorrow.

I thought they were both pretty good personally, though I would give the edge to Thor 1 if I had to pick.

Saw Thor 2, not bad, more action it seemed, and it was nice to not have to go through character introductions. I would say it was on-par with Thor 1. Overall...needed more Loki. Really hoping he gets his own movie.

I saw it a couple days ago.  Thought it was good, but not as good as the first one.

I don't get the obession people have with Loki though.  I think he's a pretty lame character personally, just a mopey emo looking douche.  To each their own I guess, but definitely pretty low on my list of villains in popular movies.

I I think he's a pretty lame character personally, just a mopey emo looking douche. To each their own I guess, but definitely pretty low on my list of villains in popular movies.
I guess some people can relate to him that's why he's liked.

Honestly I didn't think he was that great of a villain in the Avengers.

Just came back from it.  I thought it was pretty good.  Better than Thor 1.  I still think Portman is the wrong choice to play Foster.  She looks like a damn high school kid.  She's 5f3i vs 6f3i yet on screen they are like 4 inches closer to each other.  agh. 

That chick who played Sif could probably work as Wonder Woman.  I don't know if there is some stupid contract Marvel puts on these actors saying that they can't play another character from DC....who knows.

Seriously Jane's assistant is pretty hot. 

I really don't know what to think of Loki being alive at the end.  Do we really need him around?

I was kinda shocked that Thor's hand was chopped off and was thinking, hmm  Iron hand? but then it was another Loki trick and I was like, "awww".

Still don't see why Thor is attracted to Jane.... he could bone anyone on Asgard including Sif, but he instead goes back to Jane... :|

The air battle/chase scenes had a bit of a star wars feel to it.  Pretty cool.

GoTG is going to be one strange movie.  That's all I can say about that.

That chick who played Sif could probably work as Wonder Woman. I don't know if there is some stupid contract Marvel puts on these actors saying that they can't play another character from DC....who knows.
Not sure she would anyway. Apparently she got so injured on set she thought her lower body had been paralyzed and was scared shitless when it happened.

Seriously Jane's assistant is pretty hot.
There's a reason 2 Broke Girls is successful, and it's not the writing.

Never read the comics.  Just wondering why there is a push to go make this a movie instead of sticking with the core avengers? ..... unless there is going to be a massive team up movie down the road.  :O 

Like Avengers, Fantastic Four, GotG and so  on banding together to stop something huge.

Saw this and thought it was awesome until the ending. I'd like to see anyone try and explain it.
I am assuming you mean the big twist right before the credits? Considering
Loki is quite proficient at illusions, faking his death would be easy as pie. As for Odin, there are any number of ways to get rid of him, especially if Loki is still working with Thanos.

Saw this and thought it was awesome until the ending. I'd like to see anyone try and explain it.
It seemed pretty obvious to me

they almost beat it to death his illusion ability through the movie to that point as well as the fact that if he did anything to harm Thor a lot of very pissed off Asgardians would be on his ass. What better way to escape then to "heroically sacrifice" yourself saving both the hero and his lady in a short span? Thor wouldn't be pissed at him for his previous transgressions and if he thought he was dead then he also wouldn't keep looking for him.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Asgardian that reports to Odin that Loki was dead was one of the people Loki had already impersonated during that barrage of people after Thor springs him out, which is another tip about what was going to happen.

As for the broader question of why to keep Loki alive it's quite simply the fact that he's the most recognizable, lasting, and popular villain in the MCU right now. No other introduced villain has attained this level of recognition yet (although I suspect we haven't seen the last of Hugo Weaving/Red Skull) so they want to have a way to keep him around but not have to worry about him being in prison.

It seemed pretty obvious to me

they almost beat it to death his illusion ability through the movie to that point as well as the fact that if he did anything to harm Thor a lot of very pissed off Asgardians would be on his ass. What better way to escape then to "heroically sacrifice" yourself saving both the hero and his lady in a short span? Thor wouldn't be pissed at him for his previous transgressions and if he thought he was dead then he also wouldn't keep looking for him.

Also, I'm fairly certain the Asgardian that reports to Odin that Loki was dead was one of the people Loki had already impersonated during that barrage of people after Thor springs him out, which is another tip about what was going to happen.

As for the broader question of why to keep Loki alive it's quite simply the fact that he's the most recognizable, lasting, and popular villain in the MCU right now. No other introduced villain has attained this level of recognition yet (although I suspect we haven't seen the last of Hugo Weaving/Red Skull) so they want to have a way to keep him around but not have to worry about him being in prison.
Pretty much this.

Never read the comics. Just wondering why there is a push to go make this a movie instead of sticking with the core avengers? ..... unless there is going to be a massive team up movie down the road. :O

Like Avengers, Fantastic Four, GotG and so on banding together to stop something huge.
I'm guessing there isn't enough time to make a second Avengers movie already. Guardians is coming out next year, they couldn't release anything else in that timeframe since all the Avengers characters are involved in their solo projects. I'm guessing they'd rather do a team movie over pushing up one of the new solo movies such as Dr. Strange, Ant Man, etc.

Personally, I'm all for it, I really like the sci-fi Guardians universe. Plus, I guarantee you if they do Rocket Raccoon right everyone will love him.

bread's done
Back