Thought gamestop could not sell USED items as NEW ?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']My GameStop that I work at allows it. I don't do it though because I don't think its right[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Maybe at your store, but my neighbor did it all the time when he worked for GS. They even had a sign-out sheet so that the manager knew who had what games out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at my store, that is not allowed at all, and if you did happen to do it, you'd probably be put on a two strike rule.

[quote name='SaraAB']I was in GS yesterday hunting cheap copies of America's Test Kitchen and Wii Fit however I noticed A TON of the NEW DS games did not have their cases. They were still charging the full new price for each of these!

This is not selling open box games as new in perfect condition, this is selling games without cover art and manuals as new.[/QUOTE]

That should never happen and wouldn't be alright in any stores I have ever worked at. I do know sometimes people steal the cases on New games so we ahve to make our own.

[quote name='SaraAB']I was in GS yesterday hunting cheap copies of America's Test Kitchen and Wii Fit[/QUOTE]

Forgive me being off topic/a dunce but why were you looking for those 2 games? Are they pretty flip-able right now?

[quote name='Mirpkered']Forgive me being off topic/a dunce but why were you looking for those 2 games? Are they pretty flip-able right now?[/QUOTE]

I think it's only good for the club nintendo points.

So some gamestops have got to the point to throw out new boxes and selling the disc/cart only as new? Wow that's completely low.

I was hunting a copy of Wii Fit because #1 the one I have is really, really scratched, works but scratched. #2 Club Nintendo Points. I did receive a disc in better condition than what I had so I am not complaining (I bought my Wii fit last year at a yard sale for $5).

America's Test kitchen is a cool recipe book cartridge. I know you can get free recipes online but this was only .99 cents.

This GS also had no used section for DS games other than the carts that were in the glass display case that you can't even see into, and if you want to see what is in there you have to bend in an awkward position. In addition to the new section which contained about 50% of games that did not have their original cases, and that had generic cases. There has to be a better way if people are really stealing the cases....

Too bad BBuy is suffering financially.
Perfect opportunity with their square footage (a luxury GS does not have) to sell used games properly (new are already sealed) ...
... and give a premium/deduction for tradeins that are complete/incomplete...

Sad how they half ass display them (many times in a dump bin 2' deep)

Huge opportunity missed where GS definitely fails...

[quote name='slidecage']i was in one a few weeks back and saw the same thing.. when i asked they said THEY DO NOT HAVE THE ROOM FOR THE BOXES SO they are selling NEW GAMES CART ONLY and tossing the boxes out ... Told me if i wanted the box go look in the dumpster... i told them to go slidecage themself :)[/QUOTE]

I've dumpster dived in GS dumpsters before. You'd be amazed at the shit they throw away. We (my buddy was with me) found a Wii stand, a couple of blank Xbox 360 cases, a cover slip for a PS3 copy of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron, loads of cases and manuals, many of them DS, and even a PS1 game!

[quote name='SaraAB'] This GS also had no used section for DS games other than the carts that were in the glass display case that you can't even see into, and if you want to see what is in there you have to bend in an awkward position. In addition to the new section which contained about 50% of games that did not have their original cases, and that had generic cases. There has to be a better way if people are really stealing the cases....[/QUOTE]

As a company they are getting rid of all used cases. It started in my area before Christmas.

I wish I knew a better way to keep original cases around longer. Kids come in and lift handfuls of cases and then when they realize they don't have games in them they ditch them somewhere.

[quote name='FadeToDark']As a company they are getting rid of all used cases. It started in my area before Christmas.

I wish I knew a better way to keep original cases around longer. Kids come in and lift handfuls of cases and then when they realize they don't have games in them they ditch them somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Some Gamestop stores even throw away used 3DS cases...

[quote name='Rozz']Some Gamestop stores even throw away used 3DS cases...[/QUOTE]

I know they don't alot enough space on the walls but disposing of cases for a new handheld system is garbage! I know we don't make generic cases at my store if the customer trades in without a case.

[quote name='FadeToDark']I know they don't alot enough space on the walls but disposing of cases for a new handheld system is garbage! I know we don't make generic cases at my store if the customer trades in without a case.[/QUOTE]

It's on a store-by-store basis right now. The odd thing is that the smaller store near me doesn't do it (they even keep the original DS boxes) yet the two stores with a large amount of empty space tosses out ALL of the used empty DS and 3DS boxes. I guess some managers just hate cases. :roll:

bread's done
Back