Thoughts on cooling solutions?

catapult37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Just wondering if anybody out there can report on the long-term effectiveness of products like the nyko intercooler. That one had good initial reviews, but Amazon is full of reports that it can harm your 360. (Apparently there was a better model released later). I understand Penguin also makes one.

It seems like a good idea, but is there anyone here who has used one for a long time and can at least provide anecdotal evidence that it has staved off the red ring of death?

Thanks...

dont buy any accessories like nyko, it sucks power from ur 360.
just keep it well ventilated and in a cool environment and u should be fine

[quote name='tah84ag']If you must buy a cooler, don't get one that plugs into the 360 at all. Not through the power plug, not through the usb, not at all.

I spent some time and found it on amazon, it's the only one (i think) that powers from its own ac adapter and not the usb.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Glow-Stand-Fan/dp/B000H98C36/ref=sr_1_9/105-1031080-4446032?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1181704486&sr=1-9[/quote]

I bought this as a gift for a friend though amazon. He's had no complaints and he says that the lights are a nice touch.

I wonder if a laptop cooler would work? I have this Antec usb powered cooler and it works pretty well. It's just $10.95 in their B stock store right now.

bread's done
Back