THQ Customer Support: "scram, kid"

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I collect video games, so I always try to keep them in the best possible condition. As an adult collector, they're all pretty much mint condition.

I bought Saints Row a little while ago, and the other day opened the instructions to find out how to do something. The instruction book was defective, half was in the correct position, half the pages were upside down, some of the pages weren't even stapled in.

No biggie, I emailed THQ customer support asking about sending the instructions to them for exchange or even BUYING another booklet because of their defects, and they emailed me back to just download a pdf copy and print it out myself.

Now, while the game is a little old, it is still shipping to stores. And I explained to them that since I was a collector, I wanted a corrected instruction booklet.

I just emailed them back and asked them to clarify that they would not send me, nor could I order and pay for, and physical instruction book to a currently available game. That would be replacing a defective one they had given me.

If they don't come through, I know I can buy one online through somewhere like BREsoftware, but to get a link to a pdf file after I explained I was a collector seemed rude.

They sent you a .PDF of the manual...what's the problem?

Do you really think that they have copies just laying around that they can mail you?

[quote name='Sporadic']They sent you a .PDF of the manual...what's the problem?

Do you really think that they have copies just laying around that they can mail you?[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't they? Sega sent me an instruction book for a (at the time) 5 year old Genesis game. I called Sega first before returning the game to the store for a missing manual, and Sega support told me they would send me a new manual, and a few days later I had a brand new, crisp instruction manual for a 5 year old game.

[quote name='Sporadic']They sent you a .PDF of the manual...what's the problem?

Do you really think that they have copies just laying around that they can mail you?[/quote]

Yes.

I'm kind of shocked. THQ has done nothing but help for me.. I bought WM21 and it kept locking up on me. I took a video of it, sent it in.. they said they couldn't give me a cash refund. I was bummed, but just in case, I decided to ask if they could perhaps give me another game of the same value.. and to my suprise, they agreed! I asked for Destroy All Humans when it came out (it was still two months away at the time) and they said sure. I e-mailed them the day it came out, they said send in WM21. I sent it, 7 days later, I get an apology letter and a copy of Destroy All Humans. They even sent me a letter a few weeks later asking if the game was alright, if I enjoyed it, and wished me a happy fourth of July.

Long story short, try again. I'm sure they'd have no problem sending you the manual.

OP title is misleading--I expected a rude CSR actually telling OP to "scram", but it's just that the initial response didn't specficially address what the OP requested.

IMO OP should wait for the follow up before writing off THQ support.

[quote name='daschrier']I've purchased several games recently that were brand new, and the manuals were bent etc.
Not sure what the deal is...[/quote]

it's the way they are shoved in during the assembling process.

bread's done
Back