THQ Week on Steam, new deal every day - Weekend: all Red Faction games 25% off

buckythekat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Already got Titan Quest, but heartily recommend it to those who are need of a diablo fix. It's the best diablo rip off out there at the moment.

Can't wait to see what else they have this week!

[quote name='bluexy']Not the best deal, seeing as you can still get the Titan Quest bundle from Direct2Drive for only $5.00! Great game and definitely worth the $20 Steam is asking for both games, but c'mon!

Direct2Drive 5 Year Anniversary Sale[/QUOTE]

It's only $10 for both on Steam. But thanks for pointing out that it's still $5 on D2D, more options are always good.

i would have paid 5 extra for the steam version of titan quest if i knew it was going on sale this week

[quote name='gamez79']i would have paid 5 extra for the steam version of titan quest if i knew it was going on sale this week[/QUOTE]

This is cheapassgamer, why would you want to pay extra for anything?

[quote name='mogamer']This is cheapassgamer, why would you want to pay extra for anything?[/QUOTE]

I would as well. The download speeds are supposed to be better, and the general service is nicer than having to go to a web page. It's an opinionated thing, though.

[quote name='ddrpower']I would as well. The download speeds are supposed to be better, and the general service is nicer than having to go to a web page. It's an opinionated thing, though.[/QUOTE]

The download speeds are about equal (2mbps + - a few kbps)

I've been wanting Titan Quest for a while

Into the backlog it goes!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']The download speeds are about equal (2mbps + - a few kbps)[/QUOTE]I'm unsure of what you mean by this but Steam has download speeds of at least 25 megabit per second (3.1 megabyte/s) since it quite often maxes out my connection.

I can't speak for D2D though

[quote name='ddrpower']I would as well. The download speeds are supposed to be better, and the general service is nicer than having to go to a web page. It's an opinionated thing, though.[/QUOTE]

Lemme get this straight - you waited over three years after it was released to buy it, and NOW you're worried about how fast you'll get to playing it?

[quote name='gamez79']watch this the collector pack is going to be 50% off on the last day[/QUOTE]

highly doubt that since it's going to be on sale all week

Funny, but I just noticed today that Best Buy has TQ bundled for $10 as a regular price. They also had the Dawn of War bundle for $10.

[quote name='vherub']got most of the thq games from the direct2drive sale. Wonder if dawn of war 2 will be one of the 50% games.[/QUOTE]

Most likely. The big update with new game mode is coming out this week.

Titan Quest is a good deal if you like Diablo clones, but I personally couldn't play it. It actually put me to sleep trying.

[quote name='gamez79']i would have paid 5 extra for the steam version of titan quest if i knew it was going on sale this week[/QUOTE]

lol i bought Titan Quest Gold a while back for ten on steam and i was wishing i could have waited and got it for 5 on D2D.... i have a goal to be the cheapest gamer ever!!!

I got Titan Quest from D2D for 5 and have been playing it ever since. On Epic Act III with my Soothsayer now. GREAT game and well worth 5 or 10 bucks if you even remotely liked Diablo.

Already own both games, but bought for $10 just so I could have access to them on Steam. Really handy to not need to have the discs on hand for my new laptop when I travel.

When do the new deals update? TQ was technically the Monday deal, so a new one should be up soon, right?

I would expect Dawn of War II tomorrow (10/14):

The Last Stand

On October 14th THQ will be releasing an expansion for Dawn of War II called 'The last stand' Players will take control of a space marine captain, an Eldar farseer or an Ork mekboy in teams of 3 to take on waves of AI controlled units. The expansion will be free for anyone who has bought 'Dawn of War II'

Info above from wikipedia, official THQ link: http://uk.thq.com/uk/news/show/8450

Tuesday's deal is Company of Heroes Complete Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1529/

COH, COH: Opposing Fronts, and COH: Tales of Valor.

$35 for all ... not such a great deal considering COH Gold (original + Opposing Fronts) was $5 in the D2D sale a few days ago. Good if you missed that sale or really really want Tales of Valor.

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Tuesday's deal is Company of Heroes Complete Pack: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1529/

COH, COH: Opposing Fronts, and COH: Tales of Valor.

$35 for all ... not such a great deal considering COH Gold (original + Opposing Fronts) was $5 in the D2D sale a few days ago. Good if you missed that sale or really really want Tales of Valor.[/QUOTE]

actually it's not even a good deal, if you buy Gold and then Tales of Valor separately it's $5 cheaper than the complete pack

and people stop bringing up D2D's sale in this thread, that sale is over and some prefer Steam to D2D, we don't need any "system" wars

[quote name='buckythekat']actually it's not even a good deal, if you buy Gold and then Tales of Valor separately it's $5 cheaper than the complete pack

and people stop bringing up D2D's sale in this thread, that sale is over and some prefer Steam to D2D, we don't need any "system" wars[/QUOTE]

The sale's over, but it's still a valid point of comparison. If CoH has gone for $5 in the past, it isn't all that unreasonable to think it might again in the future.

Meh, already grabbed the gold edition back during the Winter sale
If I had played it more often, I would have went for the Tales of Valor deal though

I had a bit of an oddity where I nabbed CoH (vanilla) on Gametap for $10 - it was the cheapest anywhere for awhile. Then CoH:Gold D2D comes out at $5 lol.

So now ToV for $15 and I'll be across *3* different distributions o_O !
I don't *think* I'm using the Gametap code still tho... but either way...

When someone buys CoH:ToV from Steam and sets it up, AFTER having CoH:Gold from D2D, can you verify all is AOK?

I'm getting a little concerned I'll be fighting delivery mechanism/version types...

[quote name='CKaz']I had a bit of an oddity where I nabbed CoH (vanilla) on Gametap for $10 - it was the cheapest anywhere for awhile. Then CoH:Gold D2D comes out at $5 lol.

So now ToV for $15 and I'll be across *3* different distributions o_O !
I don't *think* I'm using the Gametap code still tho... but either way...

When someone buys CoH:ToV from Steam and sets it up, AFTER having CoH:Gold from D2D, can you verify all is AOK?

I'm getting a little concerned I'll be fighting delivery mechanism/version types...[/QUOTE]

CoH:ToV is a stand-alone expansion so there shouldn't be any conflicts with the installations.

Looks like they fixed COH Complete to be $29.99. I already have the first two games on disc, I'll probably wait til Tales of Valor is cheap on disc or the Steam Complete version is cheaper.

[quote name='buckythekat']highly doubt that since it's going to be on sale all week[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, too...but this is the same Steam team that added the Strategy First pack on sale after they let people buy the parts piecemeal all week (actually added after the sale was supposed to be over).

[quote name='spuffin']I would expect Dawn of War II tomorrow (10/14):

The Last Stand

On October 14th THQ will be releasing an expansion for Dawn of War II called 'The last stand' Players will take control of a space marine captain, an Eldar farseer or an Ork mekboy in teams of 3 to take on waves of AI controlled units. The expansion will be free for anyone who has bought 'Dawn of War II'

Info above from wikipedia, official THQ link: http://uk.thq.com/uk/news/show/8450[/QUOTE]

I REALLY hope you're right about this, DoW II for $20 sounds like a steal to me.

[quote name='Rerujnoc']CoH:ToV is a stand-alone expansion so there shouldn't be any conflicts with the installations.[/QUOTE]

But the previous codes do the unlocks... so probably OK provided you got the codes, eh?

Recently a bunch of buddies of mine got Gold, not sure if they'd get Valor or not - if they didn't, can I still use the new units?
Otherwise might not be worthwhile w/o them catching up, hmm.

[quote name='Starbuccaneers']I got Tales of Valor at Target for $7.48, I would have bit if it was $10. CoH is a great game though![/QUOTE]

Huh I gotta watch for that - since I JUST got CoH:Gold for $15 I passed on Steam's ToV deal for now.

So no update for today yet...

[quote name='CKaz']Huh I gotta watch for that - since I JUST got CoH:Gold for $15 I passed on Steam's ToV deal for now.

So no update for today yet...[/QUOTE]

I don't think they change till around NOON... at least they didn't when I was checking yesterday.

I just can't get in to CoH. I'm halfway through the first mission and I feel like the management is a mess because they're all people and they spread out and in order to use nades/time bomb thingies you have to click on one and sometimes I click the MG guys or engineers.

Is this more of a multiplayer game?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I just can't get in to CoH. I'm halfway through the first mission and I feel like the management is a mess because they're all people and they spread out and in order to use nades/time bomb thingies you have to click on one and sometimes I click the MG guys or engineers.[/QUOTE]I can't get into it either. I should love the game: 1.) Its made by Relic and I love DoW and DoW II 2.) Its set in WWII.

There is too much micromanagement for my taste, and I felt like I was babysitting units (which had to be facing the correct way and would not change, even when fired upon :cry:).

I get ya - campaign really didn't pull me in at all, tho maybe I have to just muster through the first couple

But I've really enjoyed co-op multiplayer with a buddy, and skirmish mode solo, so far

[DEFINATELY start on Easy computer opponents, and no more comps than players]

bread's done
Back