Thread on getting mad Xbox 360 Acheivements...

Mookyjooky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (100%)
I'm gonna sound like a total retard here, but to be honest with you... I have trouble going back to other systems cause I love achievements. The unexpected (or not sometimes) noise or an achivement unlocked is like ear-sex. I quickly press the home button to see what I did...

If this makes me less of a gamer, so be it... but for some reason or another, I'm addicted to Acheivements. I'm a instant gratification kinda guy, and even though I didnt beat the game in one sitting, I got something accomplished... it just feels right.

So, what games out there are easy to get achivements and are plentiful in points? I know, I know...gooogle... but I was hoping we could talk about it here too. =)

Condemned is pretty easy to rack up the achievements, even if all you do is play through the campaign without bothering to look for all the hidden secrets.

King Kong is pretty easy if you can stand an overall pretty boring game (I couldn't).

Playing through just the campaign on Kameo will get you about 600 achievements.

Sports games are the easiest...Madden and NBA and NHL.

I like the acheivements, but I don't try to get all of them....I'll trade in a game before I get ALL achievements.

Tips on getting Time Attack Achievements on DOA4:
Whenever you are at main menu go to the options and then game options and you can choose how hard they are how much life you are given and how many matches you have to play (example:Single - Time Attack is normally set at 2 round wins to get the win and you just change that to 1. It won't count on the leaderboards but it is a very easy way to get the achievements for time attack. Your score will not update because it is not on default settings.
It will only count if it has medium health gauge and 2 rounds, but if you just want the achievements then it is very easy this way.

Tips on getting Survival Achievements on DOA4:
The only tip I have on Survival is to put life gauge on the smallest you can in the settings just like time attack

How to Unlock All Hidden Characters in DOA4:
Ein- Beat Hitomi's story mode
Genfu- Beat Elliots Story mode.
Leon- Beat Zack's story mode.
Helena- Beat story mode with all characters.
SPARTAN-458- Beat Helena's story mode.
Tengu- Beat time attack with all characters (even hidden characters).

You get Achievement points for every character!

I read somewhere that every game ($60 Dollar ones) has 1000 Achievements points. And the downloadable games have 200 points.

Some games have less than the allotted points, like GRAW, which only allows for a total of 925 points.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I read somewhere that every game ($60 Dollar ones) has 1000 Achievements points or less.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true but sometimes the achievements are so ridiculous that most people won't get them. For example, I think its Project Gotham 3 that has an achievement where you have to rank #1 in the world on Live leaderboard.

NBA 2K6 has some super easy achievements. You can rack up all 1,000 in a single game.

Make 15 Three-Pointers in one Game - This is why you've got Steve Nash in there. He can sink threes like crazy. So just feed him the ball and have him keep taking outside shots until you've got 45 points. That'll give you 150 points. (150)

Score 50 Points With any Player - You know, you already have 45 points with Nash after doing the three-pointer stuff, so get him another five points and be done with it. That's another 150 points. (150)

Grab 20 Rebounds With any Player - After you get your 50 points, pause the game, bring up the stats, and check out the rebound statistic. Find the person with the highest count and just start taking control of him on defense and positioning him under the basket. Toronto won't sink many shots, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to grab rebounds if you just let that player take shots. Kevin Garnett seems to be pretty good at getting rebounds, though Yao Ming's not too shabby, either. Either way, that's a big 250 points. (250)

Get a Triple-Double - If Ice Cube can mess around and get a triple-double, it really shouldn't be a problem for your Western Conference All-Stars, especially after all the damage you've already been doing. In case you're not 100 percent clear on the concept, a triple-double means getting double-digit numbers in three of the following statistics: points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocked shots. Points, rebounds, and assists are going to be the easiest ones to get. Take the player that already has 20 rebounds, score 10 points, and then have him pass the ball to another player who'll quickly score 10 more times for the assists. You'll be freakin' brothers every way like MJ, and you'll get 250 points while you're at it. (250)

Score 140 Points With any Team - At this point, you're probably already close to this total, but just keep scoring points. If you really drive the point home, you could easily score 200 before the game is over. Break the 140 mark for the final 200 points, finish the game so that the achievements all rack up, and then never play this game ever again! Unless...you know...you like basketball games. (200)

To get the Exotic Car Club Achievement in Project Gotham Racing 3 just buy these cars: (45 points)

-McLaren F1 LM
-Shelby GT 500 (old 69 one)
-Ford GT-40 MK 1
-Corvette ZR1
-TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
-RUF CTR "Yellow Bird"
-Callaway Sledgehammer Twin Turbo

[quote name='Diiz']NBA 2K6 has some super easy achievements. You can rack up all 1,000 in a single game.[/quote]

Thats awesome! Post some more!

I'm not a person that goes after achievements, but I noticed I racked up around 500 playing Condemned without really trying. It as a game I enjoyed the game though and wasn't hurrying through it.

Madden has some of the easiest....one is Score a Touchdown I believe. I think only 5 achievements. NBA is easy...you just have to set it to a LONG game. I think I had 19 rebounds when I did that, but I was trying for the triple double and 15 3's/

I go rent NBA just for that.

You put it on the easiest setting with a long period and they're all doable.

They didn't allot any achievements to season accomplishments, playoff accomplishments, MVP etc? That just seems stupid to me.

I'd like to know what people think is the single hardest achievement to get on any XBLA or 360 game.

My vote goes to Smash TV's "Beat game without continuing." that's just fucking impossible.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I go rent NBA just for that.

You put it on the easiest setting with a long period and they're all doable.

They didn't allot any achievements to season accomplishments, playoff accomplishments, MVP etc? That just seems stupid to me.

I'd like to know what people think is the single hardest achievement to get on any XBLA or 360 game.

My vote goes to Smash TV's "Beat game without continuing." that's just fucking impossible.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure achievements were an afterthought when they made this game. It was a lunch title....I'm sure next year they'll kick it up a bit (although, College Hoops had similiar achievements).

I kind of agree with you man, I really like the achievement system. I do like seeing the popup and hearing that sound when unlocking achievements. Its really rewarding when playing a game like COD 2 on veteran. When you pass a section and unlock something in that game, you really have earned it because that #$%* is hard.

The sports games are definately the easiest as doubledown stated. All the 2Kgames and EA sports games will give you mucho achievement points pretty easily. I played through Gun(great game but short) and it gives you a fair amount of points. It gives you some points for playing through again on all difficulty levels but I don't know if its worth the time you have to invest.

EGM this month (or last?) had a page on some of the easiest/coolest Achievements and it also had some that were listed as the ones you should never waste your time attempting to get. I don't own a 360 so I read it, but can't remember the details.

Definetly the easy achievements are sports titles. I got the 1000 for College Hoops 2K6 after playing two games. NBA 2k6 are all pretty easy but I did not get the 20 rebounds with one player yet, I missed it by two (18).

King Kong was definetly one of the easiest just play and complete the game and you will get all thousand and the game is only about 6-7 hours long.

Condemned has some cool achievements and is really a great game as well.
I still think it is one of the most enjoyable experiences on 360.

Fight Night is basically pretty easy as well. Just play through the career mode and you should get them all.

I just recently bought Madden for $25.00 but have not tried it out yet but I heard you can get a lot very easily.

If you enjoy platformers Kameo is a great game and you will get 50 points for beating each chapter and completing the game.

Need for Speed is also pretty simple if you play through the story mode.

Ghost Recon gives you about 25 for beating each chapter on normal and hard mode.

Call of duty gives you 250 for completing the training and game on normal and 50 for each chapter on Veteran.

If you want a full list of achievments for all current games visit
http://www.xbox360achievements.org

They list achievements for all retail and live arcade titles.

[quote name='Wlogan31']EGM this month (or last?) had a page on some of the easiest/coolest Achievements and it also had some that were listed as the ones you should never waste your time attempting to get. I don't own a 360 so I read it, but can't remember the details.[/quote]

Yeah, I'll type it here: (short version)

NBA LIVE 06:
Create a player (20)
Win an online game (40)

NBA 2K6 (1,000 in one game, posted above)

King Kong (1,000, posted above)

Project Gotham Racing 3:
Try both Geometry Wars Demos (15)

Lamborguini Owners Club (45)
Have the following in your garage(s) at the same time:
-Lamborghini Countach 25th
-Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
-Lamborghini Diablo GT
-Lamborghini Gallardo
-Lamborghini Miura P400 SV
-Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2
-Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT

Ferrari Owners Club (45)
Have the following in your garage(s) at the same time:
-Ferrari 360 C.S.
-Ferrari 575M Maranello
-Ferrari Enzo F60
-Ferrari F355 GTS
-Ferrari F40
-Ferrari F430
-Ferrari F50
-Ferrari F50 GT
-Ferrari GTO Evoluzione
-Ferrari Testarossa

Track Builder (10)
Just build and save 10 custom routes. This may sound time consuming but it only takes five minutes.

Photographer (10)
Take a picture during a race in each of the featured areas:
Las Vegas
London
New York
Nurburgring
Tokyo

Pro Racer Badge (60)
Just go to options and put it on manual and then go to solo career and click on the second cup (Whitehall Walk Style Cup). Do the speed challenge on Hardcore with the Ferrari F50 GT and it’s not hard to get the achievement.

Madden 2K6:
Get (580) points in one game...

Start a Franchise, sim to the Super Bowl and play only the big game.

1st First down (20)
1st TD (30)
1st completed game (30)
Win the Super Bowl (100)
Rush for 200 Yards (100)
Throw for 350 Yards (100)
Recording 4 sacks (100)
Win a Franchise Game (100)

Most of these are self-explanatory but here’s the catch, well here’s what I did. I gimped it. Before anything go to Options : Gameplay gimp the CPU and Boost yourself. This will make it to where your receivers never drop a ball even with three-man cover and your running back will break away on the sideline and run the field. Every achievement can be obtained in one game except for the Super Bowl and 30 years. So the first game I played was the longest got every achievement I could in that single game score was say 255 to 20, simulated the rest of the season until the playoffs, needless to say the stat boost allowed my team(Chiefs) to make it to the playoff set the quarter time to 2 minute quarters or lower won and continued on to the Super Bowl left the quarter time the same and won the Super Bowl from there I sim’ed my little heart out for 29 more years.

Dead or Alive 4:

Play for 5, 10, & 100 Hours (70)
Start a game with unlimited time and leave it, if you can´t miss your Xbox that long, just keep repeating it.

Win a Bronze, Silver or Gold Star (10, 20, 30)
Start a two player match and win 20 (15 for Silver, 10 for Bronze) in a row with the 2nd player, on the 21st (or 16th or 11th), match win with the 1st player (which is logged into your account). A pop-up will tell you that you´ve earned a Gold star. Now start an online game and you´ll receive the achievement.

mmmmm, I love me some achievements.

Fight Night Round 3 was a pretty big achievement fest; 100 points to beat a few jobbers en route to a sponsored fight with an even bigger loser? Cake.

I've been a big fan of achievements also. Something about the online leaderboards evokes arcade memories from the far reaches of my mind.

What are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Sony is planning on implementing something like this currently named "Entitlements" for the PS3. To me, it's just another way the PS3 is looking to rip off the Xbox 360...

I love achievements but I don't really care too much about the points. I just like getting as many out of a game as I can before I stop playing it. But a nice big score is nice to look at.

[quote name='Wlogan31']What are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Sony is planning on implementing something like this currently named "Entitlements" for the PS3. To me, it's just another way the PS3 is looking to rip off the Xbox 360...[/quote]That's a terrible name.

[quote name='Wlogan31']What are everyone's thoughts on the fact that Sony is planning on implementing something like this currently named "Entitlements" for the PS3. To me, it's just another way the PS3 is looking to rip off the Xbox 360...[/QUOTE]

I'm all for it... Achievements is a great idea that really shouldn't be limited to just one console.

Hell, I hope Nintendo rips it off to and puts it on the Revolution. It seems like it really helps you get more out of your games, and I'm all for that.

Stupid name though... entitlements.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm all for it... Achievements is a great idea that really shouldn't be limited to just one console.

Hell, I hope Nintendo rips it off to and puts it on the Revolution. It seems like it really helps you get more out of your games, and I'm all for that.

Stupid name though... entitlements.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the first thing Nintendo ripped off.

I just rented NCAA College Hoops. One game you can pull out all 1000.
Just put the time up to 20 min halves and take say UConn vs say Maine.

I personally like games that reward you for playing it i.e. Tony Hawk, Burnout, GRAW, ....

As for playstation stealing the idea, it's not like Microsoft never steals anything. I think it is a smart move by Sony seeing how much the fans of the 360 are enjoying it. Hopefully, they will make it so each game has just as hard tasks to complete so its not lopside like the 2K series games to say the Perfect Dark stuff.

^^^^Ha! I love the Family Guy Quote in the sig above me :)

Kong is next on my Gamefly list, so I'll tackle it after I finish out the single player campaign on GRAW.

You know which game I'm finding to have a crapload of achievements I'll never get? Ridge Racer.

Aside from the obvious comments of, "You'll never get them 'cause the game's not worth playing," it just takes a crapload of time to get them. I think I've only got two so far.

I'm curious as to what these "secret message" achievements are though.

What if, we you got an achievement on the Nintendo "GO", you got a free Gameboy Color game? That would be pretty cool, as I doubt they'd sell well on their own.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']What if, we you got an achievement on the Nintendo "GO", you got a free Gameboy Color game? That would be pretty cool, as I doubt they'd sell well on their own.[/quote]

I don't think they are putting handhelds on the VC are they? But, being rewarded lets say for beating Mario 128 you got your choice of downloading Mario 1, 2, or 3 for free would be oh so much better than getting points. People had the idea of getting a free classic game with the purchase of a game which would be awesome as well. I really hope Nintendo does something like this, at the very least have buy XX number of games and get a free download.

Smash TV has some impossible achievements - there is one about mastering the game (or just each level) that wants you to beat the game with no continues - like that could happen!

Sure, I like achievements. As a marketing tool, it was a great idea on the part of MS (not that it was terribly original or anything). At the least it makes some people try that much harder just because the possibility of getting an achievement was being dangled over their head. Playing at a higher difficulty level or spending more time getting better at MP to get a certain achievement.

As for easy ones, you have the following:

NHL2K6
King Kong
NBA Live
NBA2K6
Madden (30 years could be a problem if you don't sim at all)
College Hoops 2K6
Full Auto
FIFA 2006

That's 8000 points you could get over the course of a long weekend if your so inclined.

bread's done
Back