Thread XXXV - An honest & sincere letter to all Fighting Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, reminds me of Power Stone & those One Piece fighting games. But it doesn't look too complex, kinda button mashy. Is it PC only?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Yeah, reminds me of Power Stone & those One Piece fighting games. But it doesn't look too complex, kinda button mashy. Is it PC only?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's PC only (for now, at least). Seems button mashy but could be fun. The thing is, there are so many games out right now that deserve attention, that I don't think I'll play it. Could be fun for some though.

Looks awsome for both releases, but I agree with you RR about the delay thing. You know in a dream world, the US version of FFBA2 will include Garou: Mark of the Wolves. If it does not, its fine by me. I still have my DC version to play.

Battle Archives 2? Finally. Bring that shit quick. Real Bout 2 owns. I just recently bought the first one hoping they'd bring the second one over.

This might have been discussed already but I read that Samurai Spirits Sen will be a 3-D game. I really hope one my favorite fighting franchises isn't forsaking it's roots for a quick money grab.

Yeah, RB2 is great, however it's missing some moves and combos from a few returning characters that were in RB1. Also what makes RB2 even better than the rest is they finally dropped that second fighting plain. No more confusing CPU plain changes, that crap really slowed down the battles.

So can anyone geuss what's gonna be SNK/P next XBLA game? My guess would be SamSho 2. Although I'd love to see KOF 98" UM instead.

I can't wait for Battle Archives 2! I think I need KoF 98 UM even more, though.

I was trying to get Rumble Fighter yesterday but it seems like their servers were swamped. I'll give it another shot today, though.

Been awhile since I updated SDTEKKEN.COM

[quote name='SDTEKKEN.COM']
Tekken 6 Player Impressions! Part 1…
October 27th, 2007

The latest Arcadia Magazine’s coverage of Tekken 6 includes impressions from some of the top Japanese Tekken players! SD TEKKEN has taken the liberty to translate their thoughts and feelings towards T6 in a two part feature!
[/quote]

New site message board + other updates too...

[quote name='heavyd853']There are already 3 3D Samurai Spirits games so I don't see how making a new one would forsake any roots.[/QUOTE]
I don't see a problem with Guilty Gear baseball either.

ggxbaseballdrceqid0.gif

hey DOODS!

forgive my cruddy cell phone pics, but guess who I saw yesterday???

so I saw a woman who was standing on the roof,

and I noticed she was there coz she had like ribbons in her hair and spikes on her wrisssssst~~~

man I felt so dumb when I let her see me and she took off runnin.

man I was like OH SNAP, and before he could leave I asked a guy on a bike ayo wait was that...?

yup yup yup (that was her)

fuckin Jin Kazama is in one of those pic too... nobody wants to see that guy

Jekki: W...T...F...

Was that really a chick? I thought only dudes cosplay'd their fighting game characters while they played fighting games?!?

I should upload my cell phone pic of that Taiwanese actress I saw at the film fest last night...

[quote name='jimfoley16']VF5 =/= best 3D fighter of all time

Tekken Tag and Soul Cal 2 both come to mind......[/QUOTE]

Tekken Tag yes... Soul Cal 2... maybe. I still prefer the original.

I'll be ditching my copies of dead rising and gears of war this Wed for virtua fighter since I'm a bit strapped for cash due to current living conditions.

Anybody that tells you a hyperbole statement, such as 'Anybody that tells you Virtua Fighter 5 is anything other than the best 3D fighter on the market is, quite simply, wrong' is quite simply, wrong.

fixed for truth and extreme grammatical confusion.

I just hate the blanket statement that "VF5 is the deepest fighting game of all time!" Followed up by failure to back up that statement.

In conjunction with the 4 people in your area that play Virtua Fighter competitively. fuckin' awesome.

I'm sad to say that fighting games and single player experiences are sad, for me at least. Replay value of a core fighting game vs the CPU gets tired fast.

Oh yea and best 3D fighter... Tekken Tag Tournament Arcade! Well, one of my favorite... :)

I stoped reading after that first sentence. I hate it when people review games saying words like "best" & "worst." Even though I would agree with his opinion, that's a terrible way to start a review of anything.

Anyways I got my Hori stick (w/ VF5 stickers) so just waiting anxiously for the game.

But I was talking about the online play and the new stuff added, not that it was the best game ever or anything.

[quote name='Logg']But I was talking about the online play and the new stuff added, not that it was the best game ever or anything.[/QUOTE]

We're talking about the review you posted.

[quote name='Logg']But I was talking about the online play and the new stuff added, not that it was the best game ever or anything.[/QUOTE]

yeah, my comment was not at you, just the review :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']http://stifu.free.fr/momoko/534723856_47471bda02.PNG

http://stifu.free.fr/momoko/534826665_69544f00c2_o.PNG[/quote]

*see the lol cat pic*

the guy who wrote that up is crazy. I guess only an artist (or someone else with a highly sensitive eye for anatomy) would notice a lot of that stuff. :lol:

Just saw that Akuma post Rolento. The angry guy seem to be a art freak. I'm not an artist or anything but aren't most comic book/ manga character not anatomically correct in the first place? Look at anime characters with thier big bubbly eyes, or superheroes, case in point:

strongguy.jpg

I was initially stoked for Legends, but now don't know what to think since it looks very generic now... Though getting a Wii sometime would help me in order to actually play it.

Ahhh, that first Squirrel Girl appearance gives me nightmares. She was scary lookin'

Does CAG have an offical comic book thread, kinda like this one? If not I'd like to start one.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Ahhh, that first Squirrel Girl appearance gives me nightmares. She was scary lookin'

Does CAG have an offical comic book thread, kinda like this one? If not I'd like to start one.[/QUOTE]

it does, but every time I try to bring up any topics not regarding Marvel or DC (ie. Dark Horse, Wildstorm, or even just indipendants that print mainly novels) I get shot down... :(

Samurai Spirits Sen.... more like Sam Spirits Max Impact :(

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtTDH07x2mE[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJfbaknCw50[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJmmI4RtRiU[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c4mDT3J8ns[/media]

[quote name='jimfoley16']I also love Strong Guy. He's probably the most literal superhero ever.[/QUOTE]

Never thought about it like that :)

The new X-Factor series is pretty tight.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Samurai Spirits Sen.... more like Sam Spirits Max Impact :(
[/QUOTE]

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. SamSho 3-D= No Go

Rolento - The only non-Marvel stuff I read is Transformers (IDW) Berserk (Dark Horse) & JoJo. I'm not even into DC. I tried to read "52" but I just didn't grow up on DC so I couldn't ge into it. I feel like DC's my "dad's" generation while Marvel is more for me. Hell, it costs me on average $60 a month to keep up with Marvel, I'd be scared to venture outside. I'm currently in love with the Thunderbolts story.

Back on topic: I have very little faith in any 3D game SNK/P creates. They may be fun to mess with but I highly doubt anyone would ever take them seriously.

Looked way too fast to be samurai shodown. Guess SNK is trying to take on Soul Calibur or something

Awesome to see I'm not alone in my ranking of 3d fighters

1. SC2
2. TTT
3. Rival Schools

VF is boring and whoring duck jab works too well.
I went to a friend's house and he and all his buddies were talking about how awesome VF is and how they were good. Then they all proceeded to get massacred by me, even though I've only played a handful of times.

^ It's too bad you feel that way. VF5 is probably one of the most fun, balanced & deep 3D fighters ever. Duck jabs are ment to break up poorly linked combos or an overly agressive opponent. Anyone worth their salt wouldn't duck jab too much becasue like any move it can be countered easily if you know what you're doing.

VF5 will punish button mashers.

well I'm no "button masher", as i'm a high level player of other games.

perhaps its the bad presentation, lame character designs, floaty juggles, rigid movements, or...hell i dunno exactly what i hate about vf. i just know i super-regretted buying it and i'll never play another one until they do a major reset. buffering throw escapes?!? GAY.

Yay, another king of the 3-D fighters discussion. You all know I'm firmly behind VF but I have respect for all the major fighters. Hell, I'm playing Power Stone 2 more than I'm playing VF these days. SC, Tekken, and DOA all have their moments also.

i bought DOA4 for 15 bucks the other day.

it's fun and all, but damn the achievements are murderous.
i don't think i'll ever get the majority of them.

[quote name='depascal22']Yay, another king of the 3-D fighters discussion. You all know I'm firmly behind VF but I have respect for all the major fighters.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of that little tiff both of us got sucked into several months ago. I learned that day people who hate VF are just as passionate about their distaste much the same as people who love it. I guess they can't stand hearing about how great VF is, and we can't understand why they don't like it. It's an ugly cycle. ;)

I just cant get into VF like others can. I can respect the game, but its just not for me. On the other hand has anyone heard a release for SC4?

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']well I'm no "button masher", as i'm a high level player of other games.

perhaps its the bad presentation, lame character designs, floaty juggles, rigid movements, or...hell i dunno exactly what i hate about vf. i just know i super-regretted buying it and i'll never play another one until they do a major reset. buffering throw escapes?!? GAY.[/QUOTE]

All those reasons, and more, such as the lame sound effects and weak looking attacks, kill the game for me.

VF5 is a decent enough game, but I could never get into the series like I can others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back