Three new Smash Brother Brawl Characters Announced and a Couple Get the Axe

Why would we want a Jr. version of a character no one uses or likes?

Exactly.

Don't get rid of G&W, Sakurai. He's way too much fun to use. I love beating people with him, because they think he's useless.

[quote name='Strell']
Don't get rid of G&W, Sakurai. He's way too much fun to use. I love beating people with him, because they think he's useless.[/quote]

That's what Jigglypuff is for.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I sadly don't think that they'd ever put "The Regginator" in a game, no matter how hard he is to unlock, because, well, a lot can happen staff-wise between now and mid-'08.

Zuh-ing![/quote]
Hopefully they'll let us use Miis as fighters (offline only, perhaps a specific Mii battle mode), so we can use Reggie Miis.

[quote name='jlseal']That's what Jigglypuff is for.[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows they best be down with the Jiggly.

I hated the Ice Climers anyways, they were annoying.

I don't see why they can't just add even more charaters.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Hopefully they'll let us use Miis as fighters (offline only, perhaps a specific Mii battle mode), so we can use Reggie Miis.[/QUOTE]

I think this would be very cool. Another feature that would be neat is to have a final boss named Mii and let it morph into any of the Miis that you have or that have mingled onto your console.

I dont understand why people find palet and texture swapping to be an issue. If you take a generic wireframe and reskin it with a different moveset then you have a new character. Its not uncommon in fighting games and its the norm in sports games. Hell, it took 5 years before Luigi got his own design.

Its downright foolish to expect a developer to not resuse code where appropriate, hell thats the entire point of functions in software code.

[quote name='Strell']Why would we want a Jr. version of a character no one uses or likes?

Exactly.

Don't get rid of G&W, Sakurai. He's way too much fun to use. I love beating people with him, because they think he's useless.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

[quote name='chodax']I hope marcus from gears of war is in it[/quote]

and his costume change would be the Cole Trainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn babyyy.

[quote name='Ispep Aloc']I think this would be very cool. Another feature that would be neat is to have a final boss named Mii and let it morph into any of the Miis that you have or that have mingled onto your console.[/QUOTE]Ugh, using Miis in SSBB sounds like an awesome idea. Now I'm going to be all disappointed when it comes out without Mii functionality. :cry:

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Ugh, using Miis in SSBB sounds like an awesome idea. Now I'm going to be all disappointed when it comes out without Mii functionality. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Me too, cuz I totally want to beat Guu's face in with a Home Run bat.

Give her something to frown about.

[quote name='Strell']Me too, cuz I totally want to beat Guu's face in with a Home Run bat.

Give her something to frown about.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, You know someone made a Lil Evil Mii (Hitler) thats walking about in my Mii Parade and I wouldnt mind dropping him off a platform into lava a few times.

[quote name='foltzie']Hmm, You know someone made a Lil Evil Mii (Hitler) thats walking about in my Mii Parade and I wouldnt mind dropping him off a platform into lava a few times.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but you have to yell out "ACH TU LEIBER!" when this happens, or else it doesn't count.

[quote name='foltzie']Texture swapping between Young Link and WW Link isnt that far of a stretch, since the Melee engine allowed Peach to change dresses to one that resembled Daisy's which included an emblem swap. The Polygon and Wire Fighters were just stripped down versions of the humanoid characters as well.

So if the Brawl engine is created with that kind of swapping in mind it is certainly possible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Greetard']No matter what, they're all going to be unique characters. Sakurai's made it clear that clones are either getting changed or getting the axe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='trq']And god knows that between Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, and the classics, Link has enough gadgets to fill out at least two full versions of himself.[/QUOTE]

This was my reasoning.

[quote name='Strell']Why would we want a Jr. version of a character no one uses or likes?

Exactly.

Don't get rid of G&W, Sakurai. He's way too much fun to use. I love beating people with him, because they think he's useless.[/quote]

I use bowzer just to count how many wavedashes it will take to reach the other end of final destination. Oh Bowzer.

Are you kidding me? Bowsers awesome cause my friend thinks he pwns so he always uses him and its funny as heck crushing him with one of the little guys and watching his reaction lol. Take out like Ganondorf, Pichu, Jigglypuff, mewtwo, game and watch...and I'm sure theres maybe a couple more I'm forgetting.

[quote name='Spades22']Are you kidding me? Bowsers awesome cause my friend thinks he pwns so he always uses him and its funny as heck crushing him with one of the little guys and watching his reaction lol. Take out like Ganondorf, Pichu, Jigglypuff, mewtwo, game and watch...and I'm sure theres maybe a couple more I'm forgetting.[/quote]i'd prefer if they kept all the unique chars and for the clones just give them diff moves, that way the roster only increases and theres more variety

They're only useless in melee to those who register 352375 hours in the game and ... well... play it way more than the casual person. I probably registered maybe 100 hours total since I bought it with friends and everything, so we aren't that great at all and every character is a threat to us lol.

I think they should take out charachters like pichu and Dr mario since they are pretty useless, and even though bowser and game and watch are bad, I think they should keep them even though they suck because they are different.

[quote name='Spades22']Are you kidding me? Bowsers awesome cause my friend thinks he pwns so he always uses him and its funny as heck crushing him with one of the little guys and watching his reaction lol. Take out like Ganondorf, Pichu, Jigglypuff, mewtwo, game and watch...and I'm sure theres maybe a couple more I'm forgetting.[/quote]

:nottalking:

[quote name='greydemise']one word. JUGGERNAUT[/quote]

That would make playing super smashed brothers so much better

I just want Diddy Kong and Sonic and I'm happy >_>

(although megaman, bomberman, and geno would be nice too :p)

[quote name='dastly75']Ok screw the characters, just give us online play damn it.[/QUOTE]
Give the online play AND the characters.
No Ice Climbers? Sounds like a bad rumor

Did I miss the memo which makes every claim for "character copy" in SSBM a fact? I must have, because last I checked, the timing and power of each of the "texture" copies were, in fact, different. For example, Mario and Dr. Mario are different characters, and it's worth putting one against another (and then swapping for the next round) to notice a number of nuances that will change your gameplay(quite dramatically, I might add). Having said that, I don't really want to convince anyone that the game is awesome and the characters are all different and unique, because you'd have to be a damn fool not to think that, and my intellectualism reigns fantabulous to the rest of you.

If you want to get penis-slapped, al of you have to say is OMG OMG GANONDORF IS JUST A SLOW CAPTAIN FALCON.

Of course, by penis slapped, I mean that other nerds such as myself that add tp the collective waste of internet space on here will say stupid things while pretending they are clever. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

[quote name='MarioColbert']Did I miss the memo which makes every claim for "character copy" in SSBM a fact? I must have, because last I checked, the timing and power of each of the "texture" copies were, in fact, different.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about the others in line for a member-slapping, but I pointed out the Peach's costume changed via different textures and not just colors. Mind you this was all in the context of potentially having a young Link in Brawl that had options for "costumes" that included the OOT and WW links. Same moveset, same timing, some wireframe, different skin.

I don't get what the big deal is with platelet swaps. Of course I want 40 original characters, but if they gave me 30 original characters and 30 swaps, and that meant I got just about every Nintendo character I could hope for, then I wouldn't complain too much.

I agree. I think it's good to have a little variety with the initial characters, being able to change their costumes, or even into a different character is relatively important.

I know my girlfriend wouldn't of liked Smash Brothers Melee nearly as much if she couldn't change the characters colors to pink for example.

[quote name='yukine']
I know my girlfriend wouldn't of liked Smash Brothers Melee nearly as much if she couldn't change the characters colors to pink for example.[/QUOTE]

Playing Captain Falcon isn't nearly as much fun as playing Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.

If they give DK a projectile (banana, barrel?) in Brawl, I will be one happy camper.

I'll also take a Fox "palette swap" if it means getting Star Wolf.

[quote name='2Fast']If they give DK a projectile (banana, barrel?) in Brawl, I will be one happy camper.

I'll also take a Fox "palette swap" if it means getting Star Wolf.[/QUOTE]

You'll get a pair of shades and you'll LIKE it!

[quote name='foltzie']I dont know about the others in line for a member-slapping, but I pointed out the Peach's costume changed via different textures and not just colors. Mind you this was all in the context of potentially having a young Link in Brawl that had options for "costumes" that included the OOT and WW links. Same moveset, same timing, some wireframe, different skin.[/quote]
I'm just bitching about people saying things like "FOX = FALCO," not about changing characters outfits, which is a nice feature, because I find that FOX kicks way more assholes if he is wearing an Orange shirt. Perhaps it's superstition, but I'm pretty sure that everyone who played me in real life knows that what I say is the truf.

[quote name='Strell'] Playing Captain Falcon isn't nearly as much fun as playing Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.[/quote]
Yeah, seeing him run over the screen while someone next to you is yelling NUUUUUUUUTS in a very manly voice is almost as classic as an undercover Kirby in land of Ice Clibers. (Sorry for inside-joke-thing here, but I couldn't resist).

[quote name='Strell']MarioColbert, where's the rant about how G&W is useless?

I gotsta see some shit on that, shniggles.[/quote]
What?! USELESS? Look, Game & Watch is the closest we came to having a black man in Smash Bros. If you fail to realize, like, the dramatic significance of a two dimensional "nigga" that will fuck your shit up AND THEN RING HIS MOTHERfuckIN' BELL, you deserve not to have evolved from Africa.

Game and Watch Rides Spinnaz. Maybe cocks.

Every character its unique in its own way...takin certain characters out would be a crime...no matter how "useless" one character is...

[quote name='Strell']Playing Captain Falcon isn't nearly as much fun as playing Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of Pretty Pink Luigi myself.

Anyway, I don't think anyone here said the clones played identical to their originals...that's just Smash Bros. nerds jumping the gun again. The fact of the matter is, I'd rather there not be clones because it's more interesting and more fun when you have a variety of special moves/characters at your disposal. Regardless of how, for example, Falco moves slightly differently from Fox, the fact remains that his moves boil down to slightly different timing/physics for the same exact move. It would be far better if each character had their own unique moves, don't you think?

[quote name='yukine']Online multiplayer is confirmed, just please give us online without friend codes. :pray:[/quote]
That'd be nice. I really dislike that system.

This may as well be retitled as a SSBB general discussion thread.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']
Anyway, I don't think anyone here said the clones played identical to their originals...that's just Smash Bros. nerds jumping the gun again. The fact of the matter is, I'd rather there not be clones because it's more interesting and more fun when you have a variety of special moves/characters at your disposal. Regardless of how, for example, Falco moves slightly differently from Fox, the fact remains that his moves boil down to slightly different timing/physics for the same exact move. It would be far better if each character had their own unique moves, don't you think?[/QUOTE]

Well I dunno.

Are you going to take Ken out since he's just another Ryu?

[quote name='Strell']Well I dunno.

Are you going to take Ken out since he's just another Ryu?[/QUOTE]

But after a dozen games they finally got a single character specific move!

[quote name='Strell']Playing Captain Falcon isn't nearly as much fun as playing Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.[/QUOTE]

That is the factiest fact in this thread.

bread's done
Back