ThunderCats (2011) Season 1, Book 1 available for pre-order!

tridon

CAGiversary!
I'm a massive ThunderCats fan, so even though this isn't exactly a deal, I just wanted to inform everyone that the first half of Season 1 of the new ThunderCats is available for pre-order on DVD. I'm hoping for an eventual Blu-ray release, but I'm not holding my breath and I'll gladly take this for now. You can find it on Amazon for $14.99. It releases October 18th. :applause:

http://www.amazon.com/Thundercats-S...10?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1314283265&sr=1-10

[quote name='weeskwee']how is the new series? i have been missing it. like the art style.[/QUOTE]
Pilot was awesome, everything since has been weak. I've stopped watching it.

No question. Thanks for the info. I am also hoping for blu but will be very satisfied with dvd. My first tattoo was the Thundercats symbol on my arm by my friend, in his basement, when we were 16. It's not that pretty but I love it.

[quote name='weeskwee']how is the new series? i have been missing it. like the art style.[/QUOTE]

The series is good so far. Like Jodou said, the pilot was awesome, but the episodes afterwards have been a little lackluster. I feel that it'll be picking up soon enough now that the team is fully established and assembled. I've been enjoying it enough to keep watching, though. That being said, I have to be honest; the new show seems a little too Pokemon-ish at times (especially when Wilykit and Wilykat are on screen). I like the new design for Lion-O, but I dislike the fact that he has blue eyes rather than red. Mumm-Ra's creepy and awesome, so no complaints there. While I'm at it, I wanna talk about a few other things I'm not too sure about so far. Random ramblings inbound...

I've tried to wrap my mind around it, but I'm really not too sure whether I like Lion-O and Tygra as brothers. I know I definitely don't like the inclusion of mechs alongside the lizards. Speaking of lizards, where's the mutants? I don't like that the entire army of bad-guys are only lizards. Where's Monkien, Jackleman and Vultureman? I hope that the ThunderCats emblem is eventually added to the Cats' suits. It looks awkward with only a red circle. I wish that Snarf would at least say "snarf". I'm sure there's more that I could bitch about, but I don't feel like thinking about it right now.

All-in-all, it's a very good cartoon. It's just tough moving on and realizing that this is a new ThunderCats for a new generation when I've loved the original series all my life. I'm just pumped and beyond excited to have the ThunderCats back! :D

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']No question. Thanks for the info. I am also hoping for blu but will be very satisfied with dvd. My first tattoo was the Thundercats symbol on my arm by my friend, in his basement, when we were 16. It's not that pretty but I love it.[/QUOTE]

I've always thought that if I were to get a tattoo, it'd have to be the ThunderCats emblem. I think it's the only image that I could permantly ink on to my body that I'd never become sick of. :lol:

I wasn't a fan of the Ahab one, but the Song of the Petelars or whatever was great. Still haven't watched episode 5 yet.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Nice, though I could have sworn this was already out on DVD

edit: nm, this is the new one[/QUOTE]

Just be glad there not the same price as the original series, it took me forever to complete it because the prices were so damn high!

bread's done
Back