TI-83 Calculator - WTF?!

TheGreat2nd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well, I changed the battery and backup battery but the screen is still light even on the dark setting 9.
Anybody here know why? Solutions?

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']Throw it in the trash. Buy a TI-89. Thank me later.[/quote]

Some classes do not allow TI-89's. Many require TI-83 or TI-84's.

Yes, I believe TI-89's aren't allowed because they are too powerful.

It sounds like your batteries are the problem. Perhaps they are too weak.

TI-89's are awesome but yeah some classes wont allow anything higher than a 86 or a 83. Also, I think some standardized tests wont allow TI-89s as well.

Heh I used (and relied on) the TI-89 for my first semester of Calculus, it worked wonders because the prof didn't care. But now I have to go back to the 83 for the second semester cuz this professor is a pain about it.

Damn that sucks sounds like I may have to buy an 83 again come next year :( The 89 can be a real life saver, but I do still have to show all work on tests/quizzes in my Calc class so it's not a huge deal. Kinda surprised to hear how strict some people are with the 89, I even used it on my SAT/SATII's.

Hey, am I the only nerd here who programs on his calculator? I already made a version of Big Rigs, complete with "YOU'RE WINNER!" at the end.

Don't make sense.
I tried them out with my cousin's TI83 calc, switched out my batteries with his, and his worked fine with the screen, my calc still had the light problem.
=/

BTW, I have a TI83+ and my cousin has TI83.

Your caculator is probably just fucked... it happens to them all eventually, some sooner than others.
I think I had my 82 for about 8 solid years before it decided that it was done.

There's a contrast option on TI-83 Plus's.

It should show the icon for contrast in the middle of the directional keypad. All you have to do is "2nd" and then "Up/down" to adjust brightness.

My TI-83+ got me through College Stat and Calculus, good luck with it. You can always find one at a pawn shop for a decent price. I almost died when I first had to buy my TI-83+ ($$$$) but that things still holding strong (going on 9 years now). Of course since I'm done with math I just use it for frivolous things like calculating EB coupon discounts and stuff :)

I stopped using the 83 when I got my 86... I like it way better than my 83. Though to be honest, I don't remember what the difference is. Anyways, if you're in need of an old, grungy, but still functional 83, lemme know :p

[quote name='tornadomann']The only thing I use my 83 for is to play frogger and tetris in random classes![/quote]

I think the best games around when I had it was Snake and this car game where you dodge stuff.

Heh, I had to buy a new calculator last semester for one class where I used a calculator. Now I just use Maple/Matlab for all of my homework since it doesn't waste batteries and none of my engineering classes allow calculators on tests because people will try to cheat by writing formulas and whatnot in on them.

That, and I haven't needed a calculator in math since before calculus. None of my teachers from Calc 1 through differential equations ever let us use them. =\

But for your problem, try using all new batteries, and if that doesn't work, see if you can do a factory reset on it. Sometimes things will just get screwed up with them and you need a format.

Tetris! Through Custom and then... uh.. whatever that program was that allowed to you to program in assembling language. =D

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Your caculator is probably just shaq-fued... it happens to them all eventually, some sooner than others.
I think I had my 82 for about 8 solid years before it decided that it was done.[/quote]
3 years =/
Even on contrast 9.
It might be something wrong, dunno what though...

[quote name='smalien1']my staples had ti-83 cases clearanced to .50 from 7.99 this morning.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out.

bread's done
Back