Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters @ TRU for $44.99/37.49 pre-order

[quote name='confoosious']I can understand the argument that Move is close enough so PS3 version but 360? That's clearly the worst experience of the 3.[/QUOTE]

No problem, everyone has an opinion. I don't really play golf games for the most realistic experience possible, if I did I would lean toward the Ps3. I'm just conditioned to buy my sports games on 360, plus achievment points are how I roll versus trophies.

[quote name='supergrass']There's also a great deal to be said to chatting with multiple friends while having a relaxing game of golf.[/QUOTE]

That's what real golf is all about. Talking/Relaxing with buddies enjoying the ambience.

I've got FIFA, NHL, Madden all on the xbox so I'm an xbox fan. But hitting buttons just doesn't do it for me. I thought the name of the game for a sim was realism. And to me, swinging "a club" is more realistic.

When PS3 gets as good as the wii motion plus, it'll be the clear winner. But it isn't yet.

Like I said, that's just my opinion for those who are trying to figure out which version to buy.

[quote name='Supreme0ne']wait...you cant play 2 people on 1 console? how is that possible? me and my dad always played 2 player for the older ones on the gamecube....did they REALLY take it out?[/QUOTE]

I mean 2 people on one console online... Sorry for the confusion.

All this talk about the motion controllers and the fact that the game now has Augusta and is $45 at launch has me seriously condering getting TW12 and even the Move (PS3 only here). I havent played a Tiger game in a few yrears, but I know my buddy always plays it, so maybe I can convince him to get it too.

I have all three current gen consoles and I have to disagree. I believe the move is more accurate than the wii. The move gets no love because the games you can use move for are corny or the games that added move are just mini gameish. I picked it up for the PS3 even tho I play the 360 the most. In all honesty tho it woulda been cool to see some kind of kinect support. I might have tried that.

[quote name='confoosious']I've got FIFA, NHL, Madden all on the xbox so I'm an xbox fan. But hitting buttons just doesn't do it for me. I thought the name of the game for a sim was realism. And to me, swinging "a club" is more realistic.

When PS3 gets as good as the wii motion plus, it'll be the clear winner. But it isn't yet.

Like I said, that's just my opinion for those who are trying to figure out which version to buy.[/QUOTE]

Is this game still going to have that "focus" system or whatever it was called last year? Can't seem to find much info on this game this year (though I admittedly am not looking real hard).

[quote name='HydroX']Does TRU charge your card when you order, or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

This is from my e-mail confirmation for the game:

"Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed."

Me and my buddies swear by 2004, but I think its probably time for an upgrade. I wonder if there's a sim mode that allows you to get paid millions of dollars to endorse an unfinished, over-budget course in Dubai?

I mean, do we really even know? The game's not out yet. If I remember move supported was just kinda slapped on to last year's Tiger Woods, but I wouldn't be surprised, given EA's rather large push for the PS3 recently, if there were some major improvements.... personally I'm interested in either of the motion control options, I just think it might be too soon for the "this one's obviously going to be the better version" remarks

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']
I mean, do we really even know? The game's not out yet. If I remember move supported was just kinda slapped on to last year's Tiger Woods, but I wouldn't be surprised, given EA's rather large push for the PS3 recently, if there were some major improvements.... personally I'm interested in either of the motion control options, I just think it might be too soon for the "this one's obviously going to be the better version" remarks[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']

I mean, do we really even know? The game's not out yet. If I remember move supported was just kinda slapped on to last year's Tiger Woods, but I wouldn't be surprised, given EA's rather large push for the PS3 recently, if there were some major improvements.... personally I'm interested in either of the motion control options, I just think it might be too soon for the "this one's obviously going to be the better version" remarks[/QUOTE]

It's not out yet. I understand. What I said was that when the move (motion control) gets as good as the wii, it'll be the clear winner. The big drawback of the wii is the SD graphics. So if you can combine accurate motion control plus HD graphics (on PS3), wouldn't that be the winner?

[quote name='confoosious']It's not out yet. I understand. What I said was that when the move (motion control) gets as good as the wii, it'll be the clear winner.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think that needs clarifying, I get that you said the PS3 version has potential, what I'm arguing against is your initial remark that the Wii version will be this year's bread winner... you started the thread with "I'm getting the wii version for $3X.xx because its the preferred platform", and what I'm saying is "how do you know?"

What I said was that it was sweet that the wii one was cheaper cause it's the preferred version. This has been true for about 2-3 years now. Will the PS3 be better than the Wii in TW 12? I don't know. But I bet you $1 that the wii sells more this year. And I bet you another dollar it gets better reviews.

Other than personal preference, how else would you define "preferred"?

What do sales have to do with anything we're talking about here? Wii fanboy much? Saying it sells better on the Wii is pretty much a given, it also means jack shit here.

Actually I'll take that back. I'll bet you $1 on reviews.

I know ssjmichael wants DESPERATELY to make this a fanboy fight. And it's not. The only games i play on the wii are TW, Fire Emblem, and the trauma center series.

Clearly I'm not the only one who finds fault with your shaky argument or wording here. I'm just the one who aggressively debated you on it. I never put a gun to your head and told you to say "I bet you $1 that the wii sells more this year". What reasoning would someone even have for saying that in this context?

I'm not trying to make this a fanboy anything, I'm just calling it as I see it. If others here, or you yourself can explain why you think sales between the Wii and PS3 versions matter, then I'd love to here it.

how about reviews?

would that satisfy your definition of "preferred"?

You're trying SO SO HARD to have a fan boy fight and I'm not biting. That's whats probably upsetting you more than the fact that I think the wii version is "preferred". :booty:

[quote name='ssjmichael']What do sales have to do with anything we're talking about here? Wii fanboy much?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm not trying to make this a fanboy anything, [/QUOTE]

lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, as soon as TW12 reviews come in, you can make a valid conclusion on which is the preferred platform. I just don't think we should make premature conclusions. I own both systems and if the Wii is above and beyond superior to the PS3 version (using Move) I'll certainly consider getting it instead.

[quote name='supergrass']This is from my e-mail confirmation for the game:

"Your credit or debit card will not be charged until your item(s) is shipped, at which time we will email you tracking information. Before your item(s) is shipped, your debit or credit card statement will show what looks like a deduction from your account. Please note, these funds have not been deducted but are being reserved within your account to ensure your order can be processed."[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for this.

bread's done
Back