(tigerdirect.ca) OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 120gb $60 + tax & shipping after rebate

Great deal. Too bad I recently bought my 2nd SSD recently for a little more than that so I'm doing great.
Too bad Memory Express has no stock (or they pulled it). A price match would be great locally.

SSD are great for gaming. Thanks for the post.

It's a great price, will it be possible to use it to boost computer performance even if you don't game. (I'm thinking about picking one up to install on my dad's PC for an overall performance boost...)

[quote name='penetratingpincer']It's a great price, will it be possible to use it to boost computer performance even if you don't game. (I'm thinking about picking one up to install on my dad's PC for an overall performance boost...)[/QUOTE]

An SSD will give everyday computing task a significant boost as well. The Vertex 3 was/is one of the best.

[quote name='diskdocx']Interesting, although price seems to be $90 not $60?[/QUOTE]

Yea it says 90$, has the price changed or was that a typo in the op?

[quote name='StryderOmega']Says after rebate, but it would be $70 after rebate, not 60.[/QUOTE]

Still not sure how you get that? The price is $199.99. There is an instant savings of $90.02, bringing the price to $109.97. There is then a (presumably) mail in rebate of $20, bringing the price to $89.97

Unless you know of some other discount not listed, the final price is $89.97.

I think some of you are assuming the listed price will still have the rebate applied, when in fact the listed price includes the rebate.

Still a good deal, but no way is it $60

FWIW, I would say this is a better deal. I believe it is the exact same drive. The list price of $89.99 does not include the $20 rebate, so the final price would be $69.99

http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=59354&vpn=VTX3%2D25SAT3%2D120G&manufacture=OCZ%20Technology&promoid=1219

Personally, I do not like Tiger Direct. They are a pain to deal with (bought a defective hard drive from them, which they refused to replace, I had to go through Western Digital, even though it was a day old), and they won't even match their own online prices in their store.

They also have a tendancy to inflate their regular price (as they likely have done here) to give the impression that it is a huge discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diskdocx']Interesting, although price seems to be $90 not $60?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KAPBAM']Yea it says 90$, has the price changed or was that a typo in the op?[/QUOTE]

It was $60 when posted. I saw it myself. So the deal lasted like 5 hours :cold:

Apologies for the others who looked at the thread the next day, it was a 1-day deal posted by tigerdirect that i got from their newsletter. It wasn't meant to be misleading, just me derping up cause i posted it quick and left it alone afterwards.

bread's done
Back