Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 (PS3) Back to $50 Shipped @ Amazon.com

[quote name='ChrisLionheart']how do i buy it? it comes up as 69.99 in my cart![/QUOTE]
Did you add it to cart through the Goldbox?

If so just keep going through checkout and at the end it'll take the $20 off. Do not click complete order if it doesn't.

[quote name='ChrisLionheart']how do i buy it? it comes up as 69.99 in my cart![/quote]

Go through checkout, it auto deducts $20 at the "confirm order" page.

[quote name='ChrisLionheart']how do i buy it? it comes up as 69.99 in my cart![/quote]
Are you sure? I clicked on it just for the heck of it and it says $49.99 in my cart.

Anyway it would be pointless for me to buy this since hopefully it'll be cheaper than this by the time I get a PS3.

i just want namco to make another point blank game. maybe this will spur them to throw out a half-assed ps3 light gun classics collection? hmmm? hmmm? anyone?

don't know how many hours i wasted in college playing point blank and drinking beer with friends on the PS1, getting progressively worse every challenge.:beer:

aahhh, the good old days before all this 'working' and 'bills' people always warned me about.

[quote name='Jedi1979']ordered one that i will return to Overstock that i brought for $83.00 using the Paypal promo...$50 is too cheap and the game is decent...my only ps3 game at the moment[/quote]
won't that mess up your 20% back rebate? Overstock order has to be 100+, of course if your order is still $100 over after returning $83 that's a different story...

in for one... 37% claimed, not bad business for cheapyD..

It will show 49.99 in your cart, revert back to $69.99 at the select payment and billing address screen, and finally change back to $49.99 on the confirm order page.

I am in for 2 copies, one for me and one for a christmas present for my brother. Had to make a second amazon account to get them at the $49.99 price.

It was about 50% claimed when I submitted my second order...So better hurry!!!

I want it but i will pass and see what this weekends deals are because i don't want to blow $50 so fast when i just bought drake, mario galaxy, re4 wii, assassins creed in the last few weeks.

[quote name='prmononoke']Which is absolutely ridiculous. This lack of backwards compatibility is the one thing keeping me from buying this. I need an HD compatible gun for Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, and those are pretty hard to find for a reasonable price. Does anyone know why it's not backward compatible? It would seem like a very logical thing to implement.[/quote]

The GunCon 1&2 were light sensing guns, that could identify their position on the screen through flashes of light on a CRT television.

Since we are now in the "HD era", most HD sets are either Plasma or LCD, and are incompatible with the Guncon 1 & 2. Namco borrowed from Nintendo's Wiimote technology and used LED markers to determine the gun position on the screen.

In order for Namco to make the GunCon 3 compatible with older games they would have to build in a light sensing gun into the unit, escalating the cost of the accessory, or Namco would have to patch their older games making it compatable with the GunCon 3. Both solutions are impractical.

If you really need to play older GunCon games on your HD set you might try the RGT:G1 and a USB adapter. This gun uses a similar technology to the GunCon 3 for playing PS2 light gun games on plasma and LCD televisions.

http://www.iconic-corp.com/gaming/g1/index.html

[quote name='Serpentor']won't that mess up your 20% back rebate? Overstock order has to be 100+, of course if your order is still $100 over after returning $83 that's a different story...

in for one... 37% claimed, not bad business for cheapyD..[/quote]

yea...but was on the fence about returning another item i had gotten to initially put it over $100 so now i am just returning both and forgetting about the 20%...

[quote name='Jedi1979']yea...but was on the fence about returning another item i had gotten to initially put it over $100 so now i am just returning both and forgetting about the 20%...[/quote]
Beware the evil restock fee.

The wife just said i should buy it and its my birthday present from her. I guess ill do what she says =]

I'm debating getting this, help me out CAG..Will this game drop down in price over the year you think?? or do the Namco Time Crisis Bundles disappear from stock and become like NIS or Atlus games and hard to come by??

[quote name='NolbertoS']I'm debating getting this, help me out CAG..Will this game drop down in price over the year you think?? or do the Namco Time Crisis Bundles disappear from stock and become like NIS or Atlus games and hard to come by??[/QUOTE]

There's really no analysis to help you with this because it's hit or miss. Atlus and NIS games can be worthless. Eggs of Steel (most people will be like, huh?) and Phantom Brave are two prime examples. Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles are two more.

By examining the trend of past TC games, I'm guessing it will definitely go below $50 at some point, but it will be a while. I want to play this shit now. If you are buying as an investment, then I hope you have deep pockets to hold on to the game for long term profits (adjust for inflation, changes in fee structure, tax bracket). After fees, the margin on this game is not hot for an individual reseller. In the near future, the price will most definitely plummet (probably not below $50 when shipping and/or tax are included) because of amateur resellers (coming out of the woodwork thanks to this sale) and professional retailers looking to liquidate large items.

Is that a good enough analysis? Yes, the price will most likely fall below $50, but not in the short term. If you want to play it, then buy it.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that this being a PS3 game that it won't drop to this price again in the near future. I can't recall any of the Time Crisis games dropping to anything lower than $50 in the past but I could be wrong. So if I put the fact that it's a PS3 game and a Guncon game together I figure I should bite now even though I won't buy a ps3 until MGS4 or so. But the black guncon from ncsx looks miiiighty nice....

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']The GunCon 1&2 were light sensing guns, that could identify their position on the screen through flashes of light on a CRT television.

Since we are now in the "HD era", most HD sets are either Plasma or LCD, and are incompatible with the Guncon 1 & 2. Namco borrowed from Nintendo's Wiimote technology and used LED markers to determine the gun position on the screen.

In order for Namco to make the GunCon 3 compatible with older games they would have to build in a light sensing gun into the unit, escalating the cost of the accessory, or Namco would have to patch their older games making it compatable with the GunCon 3. Both solutions are impractical.

If you really need to play older GunCon games on your HD set you might try the RGT:G1 and a USB adapter. This gun uses a similar technology to the GunCon 3 for playing PS2 light gun games on plasma and LCD televisions.

http://www.iconic-corp.com/gaming/g1/index.html[/quote]

I know of that gun. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to pay that much for it. The last time I checked, eBay prices for it were about that price. Basically, I'm SOL in terms of getting a compatible lightgun for a reasonable price. Maybe someday, if I really have the urge to play the earlier games, I'll go ahead and buy it, or just use a CRT TV. I really don't want to have to resort to the latter, however.

[quote name='equest943']I'm going to go ahead and guess that this being a PS3 game that it won't drop to this price again in the near future. I can't recall any of the Time Crisis games dropping to anything lower than $50 in the past but I could be wrong. So if I put the fact that it's a PS3 game and a Guncon game together I figure I should bite now even though I won't buy a ps3 until MGS4 or so.[/QUOTE]

TC3 with dual GunCon2's was $20 at Amazon.com and GS for about a week or two.

I picked up TC: Crisis Zone w/GunCon2 for $20 from FYE.

These WILL have price reductions because the genre isn't popular enough, and the size of the item takes up too much space. Although, this genre is making a comeback.

[quote name='donut']gamespot only 5.5...

any opinions?[/QUOTE]

can't say i'm suprised. light gun games usually don't score very well.

[quote name='donut']gamespot only 5.5...

any opinions?[/quote]

as a previous poster said, light gun games rarely score well. however, as a huge time crisis fan, any review score is a moot point

Bah!

I just called customer service and they said they couldn't give me a price adjustment because it's a "Gold Box" deal and it's not through Amazon.com. :shock:

I just ordered another one (along with Enter the Dragon and A Scanner Darkly on BluRay) and I'm going to return the one from my first order.

i havent played a gun game since the super scope for the SNES.
But at 50bucks shipped.. I can play it to death and ebay it for 30bucks and be happy.

i wonder how much ebgames will give for this used too.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']i havent played a gun game since the super scope for the SNES.
But at 50bucks shipped.. I can play it to death and ebay it for 30bucks and be happy.

i wonder how much ebgames will give for this used too.[/quote]

I just called my gamestop and they said the gun doesnt trade in and they would only give me 20 for the game itself.:whistle2:|

[quote name='casims22']I just called my gamestop and they said the gun doesnt trade in and they would only give me 20 for the game itself.:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Well thats pretty crappy news.

Still ebay it though.

The gun doesnt trade in... thats the dumbest thing ever.

I hate ebgames/gamestop.

I just checked my order email on this, and saw that they charged $70 for the game. I did enter the game from the gold box page, and saw that it was $50 in the cart.

Is this normal? After this, I checked the order page on Amazon, and it does indeed show charges of $70.

[quote name='chilipito']I just checked my order email on this, and saw that they charged $70 for the game. I did enter the game from the gold box page, and saw that it was $50 in the cart.

Is this normal? After this, I checked the order page on Amazon, and it does indeed show charges of $70.[/QUOTE]

Your order email should look liek this.

Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference:Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $69.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount-$4.49

Lightning Deal-$20.00

------
Total for this Order: $49.99

Shipping estimate for these items: December 12, 2007 1"Time Crisis 4 (Includes Guncon 3)"
Video Game; $69.99

YEAH! I LOVE CAG!
THANK YOU GUYS!
I saw this demoed at frys' and i really wanted one but it was 89.99 plus tax...
This is the perfect price...

And to the guy before.. that does not sound normal.
My confirmation email shows 70-20 dollars for gold box discount, and free shipping...
You might want to call or something..
Good Luck!

THanks again CAG!

damn you Amazon...damn you to hell.

I bit...and they haven't even started the 10 days of VG deals yet. Here's hoping they just discount crap as my wallet is tapped out.

[quote name='casims22']I just called my gamestop and they said the gun doesnt trade in and they would only give me 20 for the game itself.:whistle2:|[/quote]

darn, well 20 bucks for the game ain't too bad. Don't mind paying 25 for the gun

gamestop is retarded for multiplayer im SURE someone would rather buy a used gun for 20bucks instead of buying the game and gun for 89.99 in their stores...

Idiots.

Dispite the super awesome deal, I will pass. I've never played a Time Crisis so I really don't wanna shell out $50 for a game I'm unsure about.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']The GunCon 1&2 were light sensing guns, that could identify their position on the screen through flashes of light on a CRT television.

http://www.iconic-corp.com/gaming/g1/index.html[/quote]

....they didn't take from "Wiimote technology"
This type of thing has been out for awhile now in the product known as the LCD Topgun.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-49-en-15-LCD+Topgun-70-16s7.html

That thing has been out for about two years now, or I think even longer.

bought it even though i have too mamy games i have to play and i really should be saving my money ohh well i guess thats what credit cards are for!!!!

[quote name='Tomeeboy']I don't even have a PS3 yet and I bought this...[/quote]

Me too, actually :D Buying it next week, and I wanted this, but 80 was a bit much. 50 is perfect.

bread's done
Back