Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon 3 (PS3) Back to $50 Shipped @ Amazon.com

Got my e-mail confirmation too...that game for $39.99 is an absolute steal, even if it does suck eggs (I haven't played it yet, so I can't say for sure....been playing Umbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad)...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't know if you stated you got the lightening deal in your original email, or he did some digging on your order, but your invoice would state you paid $69.99 and further down $20 promotional certificate applyed to your order. The CS rep shouldn't be able to tell where the discount came from, and can't use that information to deny you.

I would just try again, since so many people had success with this.[/quote]
I made no mention of the lightning deal in my first email. I just stated the game recently had a $10 drop and would like that refunded. I sent another one so we'll see what happens.

Huh, I got a total refund from Amazon back a couple of days ago, but this was after I got an e-mail saying the product was shipped. I also had two 1-866 numbers call me after the shipping notice, 1 which hung up before I could talk to them, and the other I couldn't hear and got disconnected from. I wonder if I'm going to get it or not...

I got my refunds today as well, Thanks CAG you guys know how to make a sweet deal even sweeter. Getting Time Crisis 4 with GunCon for $39.99 shipped is one heck of a deal.

Not sure if it's just you, but it shows $49.99 for me.

Already picked it up but thought I'd mention it.

-edit: beaten as well

the price seemed to be the issue most had (it's msrp was $89.99)

if you like light gun games $50 is probably worth it, doubt we'll see to many this generation anyways

I've heard nothing but bad things about this game. It's no surprise it's dropped in price so quickly, since not many people would be interested in this game at all, let alone for 90 bucks.

[quote name='sononkyo']second gun woot![/quote]

Indeed. A "cheap" second gun.

Not sure what other people were expecting here. It is Time Crisis and is a fun game.

[quote name='rogueweapon']I got this one already for $60 a few weeks ago. I'm not going to bitch about $10.[/QUOTE]

If you got it from Amazon and it was less than 30 days ago, call them up. They will refund you the extra $10.

[quote name='rogueweapon']I got this one already for $60 a few weeks ago. I'm not going to bitch about $10.[/quote]

$10 more back means $10 more you can use towards Child's Play if it means so little to you.

I got my order from the lightning deal. Setup is a no brainer and i didn't do the five point calibration (two points only)... I'm no Time Crisis fan (don't even know what the series is about), but i enjoy the old school shoot them up very much. I hate the gun design though... I wish the little FPS controller part is detachable. If you're left handed, it's very crumblesome.

The FPS section is hard to play because the gun is an ergonmic nightmare. I get shoulder/neck cramps after 5 minutes of play. But the regular mode (arcade) works fine and is well worth the $50.

I think it's a fun game that I would recommend for $50.
But if you bought it at $50 in the Gold Box deal, technically it was $70, with a $20 discount. And you may have gotten a $10 price match when it dropped to $60. Many cheapasses would be satisfied with that. But I just emailed them asking for another $10 price match - I'm looking to pay $30 for this bad boy.

[quote name='bahgee']can you play this without the gun?[/quote]

of course... it would be stupid on the dev's part not to let you play w/o the gun. You have the option to choose the controller in the menu....

[quote name='cleaver']I think it's a fun game that I would recommend for $50.
But if you bought it at $50 in the Gold Box deal, technically it was $70, with a $20 discount. And you may have gotten a $10 price match when it dropped to $60. Many cheapasses would be satisfied with that. But I just emailed them asking for another $10 price match - I'm looking to pay $30 for this bad boy.[/quote]As anyone who has asked for a price adjustment knows, the reps will do almost anything you say. Please don't abuse their good customer service. That is why Wal Mart no longer has trusting policies.

But if you bought it at $50 in the Gold Box deal, technically it was $70, with a $20 discount. And you may have gotten a $10 price match when it dropped to $60. Many cheapasses would be satisfied with that. But I just emailed them asking for another $10 price match - I'm looking to pay $30 for this bad boy.[/quote]

yo, that's fairly clever thinking, it's not gonna fly.... why? for starter, the order price is the same! why would any reasonable person wants to price match something if the purchase price is the same?!

The only way I'd buy this is if they supported the PS2 games with the gun, and that ain't gonna happen. I'll pick this up when it hits $20.

Simple.
You know amazon is just sitting with tons of thise game unsold at 79-89.99 price point, It makes since to try to off load them through a "sale" instead of holding onto stock that isnt selling for months and months and later dropping the price because the game is now old AND not selling.. double whammy.

[quote name='crewj']i wonder why this one dropped so quickly? reminds me of the beowulf game..[/quote]

It's not the same... for one, it's temporarily at $50 (unlike $20 for good). It's not really a price drop.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']The only way I'd buy this is if they supported the PS2 games with the gun, and that ain't gonna happen. I'll pick this up when it hits $20.[/quote]

Same here. Except I'd pay a bit more than $20. I figure that I payed $25 for Time Crisis 3 with 2 guns, so I could pay between $30-40 for this.

cool thanks.

[quote name='worshipsf']If you got it from Amazon and it was less than 30 days ago, call them up. They will refund you the extra $10.[/quote]

But if you bought it at $50 in the Gold Box deal, technically it was $70, with a $20 discount. And you may have gotten a $10 price match when it dropped to $60. Many cheapasses would be satisfied with that. But I just emailed them asking for another $10 price match - I'm looking to pay $30 for this bad boy.[/quote]

Be sure to tell us if this works.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Be sure to tell us if this works.[/quote]

It does work. I bought it during the goldbox special deal at $69 and got Amazon to rpice adjust $10 for me already when they lowered the price to $59.

Now that the price has been lowered to $49, I asked for and RECEIVED an extra $10 discount to make the selling price $69 - $20 price adjustments = $49.

And of course that was still not including the GOLD BOX promotional credit which was $20.

BOTTOM line is my TIME CRISIS 4 NEW AND SEALED SHIPPED AND DELIVERED cost me only $29 !!!!!

WAY TO GO AMAZON ! :applause:

I got the darn thing so cheap I went ahead and got a second one for $59 a week ago and had that one adjusted down another $10 today as well !

So I got TWO RETAIL copies SHIPPED for $69 !!! AMAZING !

Apparantly on these GOLD BOX deals AMAZON still keeps the price the same and makes a PROMOTIONA: CREDIT or COUPON adjustment for the GOLD BOX DEALS which is treated like a COUPON and does not invalidate AMAZON's 30 day PRICE PROTECTION.

Good to be a CAG'r I say !!:lol:

Xfactor

bread's done
Back