Time for a new video card...help me decide

BL00DW0LF

CAGiversary!
I think both cards perform so similar to each other than it really comes down to your preference in ATI or nVidia. Both are solid cards, I don't think there is a wrong choice here. If you were to ask me, I'll go ahead and get the HD 4850; don't ask me why though, I just prefer ATI over nVidia.

Go with the 4850 I love mine. The cards are more or less the same, cost might be an issue but I prefer ATI's monthly driver updates to Nvidia's less timely updates. Also, the ATI card takes only one slot, as opposed to two, that might matter to you.

4850 all the way. Since i bought it during the summer, there have already been a handful of updates...and the card was stable when i first got it so it's basically been performance and feature updates :D

*EDIT: also, with the 30% cashback on eBay right now, this is would the perfect time to buy the 4850. I would suggest VisionTek for their lifetime warranty but any will do really.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129112&Tpk=visiontek 4850

I would go with the 4850, but I'd choose Visiontek. Right now I have the 4870 HD, which I also bought from newegg. The benefit from buying a Visiontek is that they offer a lifetime warranty and are well supported. Never had to use it b/c the quality of their video cards is top notch. Last week this card was on sale at Best Buy for $149.99.

There's an item limit of 99, so don't order 100 :lol:

I've made quite a bit of gaming machines and right now 4850 is the king. All of my customers are loving thier setups.

Obviously 4870 and etc+ are better if you have the money, but you don't get as much performance gain from the money spent.

Two things,

Make sure you have a power supply that can handle it, and look up 4850 fan fix on google. Some models run extremely hot because of a fan glitch that is easily fixed.

bread's done
Back