Time for new Music Visualizers. Am I right or what!?

Dr. Strangepork

CAGiversary!
This may be a bit nitpciky, but I'm surprised that with all the updates to the PS3 firmware over the last two years, Sony has never given us any new visualizer for music playback.

The three that we do have I feel are pretty lame and could use a lot more features or alternatives altogether. Why is such a powerful console that serves as a media hub saddled with such lame visualizers?

I've never heard any talk about adding new ones so we'll see if they ever get around to doing something about it.

Anyone else feel this way?

Dr. SP

I'd like some new ones, but I can sit there and watch the earth visuals along with some good ambient music like Isis or Rosetta.

I would like for it no to take 5 - 10 seconds to load the next song in my playlist. I hate the ps3 for streaming music. I have to go to my 360, visualizers are nicer on 360 for parties and such.

I do love the Earth visualizer, but I too would like to see a couple more visualizers added in the future... even my 10 year old computer has more of them.

I rarely just listen to music on the PS3, but even if I used it every day I don't think I'd get tired of that Earth visualizer.

It would be cool if they added a visualizer that actually reacted closely to the music, though. The abstract psychedelic one they currently have sort of does, but it could be a lot tighter.

This thread is full of agreement. I greatly dislike the other visualiztions, they are so lame and boring. I would prefer no even having them.

fully agree with OP.....I can't watch the visualizer that looks like your cruising through and under water valley after I've had too many too drink:puke:
...and that's the only time I use my PS3 for music

And yes milkdrop is awesome, it's like getting stoned without having to score

[quote name='metaly']I rarely just listen to music on the PS3, but even if I used it every day I don't think I'd get tired of that Earth visualizer.

It would be cool if they added a visualizer that actually reacted closely to the music, though. The abstract psychedelic one they currently have sort of does, but it could be a lot tighter.[/quote]

YEah, that is waht I was hoping for one that really thumps and pulses with the music, and obviously so, not so subtle that you can hardly tell.

[quote name='shadowkast']And yes milkdrop is awesome, it's like getting stoned without having to score[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I love milkdrop. I need to find a way to view it on my PS3. There HAS to be a way to stream my PC onto my PS3 or something.

For those who haven't seen Milkdrop..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHO9tHbPPKo

and apparently the guy who posted the video made this song, and the song isn't half bad at all. I may rip it from youtube and put it as an MP3.

Here's Milkdrop with some Infected Mushroom :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAAM9vye50

I've never even used a PS3 visualizer... But apparently I need to try the Earth and Space ones.

They should make a wipeout zone mode visualizer (for people like me who aren't good enough to survive that long)

I have Milkdrop in XBMC and I love it.

The earth one is awesome, but some crazy trippy colors like Milkdrop or the 360 visualizer would be nice too.

bread's done
Back