TIME magazine deems PS3 a bust.

This actually would make perfect sense and would be something MS would do.

Not only are they trying to fight off the Wii and PS3 now, but they also have Linux, OS X.5 and Windows XP/2k to compete with.

"But they own 2k/XP, are you retarded?" Of course they own 2k and XP, and they are both very compotent OSes. However, next year we'll be seeing Vista hit they masses. One of the key features of Vista is it'll be the only OS with Direct X 10 support. Thats pretty much written in stone as MS also owns Direct X 10.

Not into consoles, but still want to game? Heres Gears of War for the PC! Unfortunately, you'll need DirectX 10, and subsequently, Vista, which, coincidentally, retails for the same $399 as a 360.

However, that wont stop it from being a buggy, unresponsive, half assed port just like Halo was.

[quote name='jollydwarf']They can deny it all they want, but Gears will be on the PC by this time next year. Count on it.

The original game won't hit the PS3, but could the sequel(s)? Hmm....[/quote]

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, GoW is a first party game developed by a third party developer. Microsoft game studios has the say as to whether or not GoW would go multiplatform. Which, of course, is an absurd thing to even waste your time thinking about, because it simply won't happen.[/quote]While I don't doubt the GoW could stay an MS exclusive, I believe it is an Epic IP simply published on the 360 by Microsoft, not unlike the GBA Final Fantasies. Square owns them but Nintendo publishes the game on the system, and Square is free to move the IP wherever they want.

That being said, I think Microsoft will give Epic whatever money they think they might make in sales on a Sony / Nintendo system to keep the game with the Xbox. ;)

[quote name='daroga']While I don't doubt the GoW could stay an MS exclusive, I believe it is an Epic IP simply published on the 360 by Microsoft, not unlike the GBA Final Fantasies. Square owns them but Nintendo publishes the game on the system, and Square is free to move the IP wherever they want.

That being said, I think Microsoft will give Epic whatever money they think they might make in sales on a Sony / Nintendo system to keep the game with the Xbox. ;)[/QUOTE]

Look at the copyright info in the GoW booklet, you're completely correct. That said, 2 million copies in a few months' time (1.5?) is a surefire recipe for success. I don't think Sony can afford what MS is willing to pay to keep GoW exclusive, and you won't see that on the Wii.

[quote name='jollydwarf']They can deny it all they want, but Gears will be on the PC by this time next year. Count on it.

The original game won't hit the PS3, but could the sequel(s)? Hmm....[/QUOTE]

That's not a bold fortune, kid. Many Microsoft Studios titles appear on the PC -- specifically the "Windows PC" sub-platform. Halo, Halo 2, Fable, etc.

Regardless, it will remain 360 exclusive, as the PC platform isn't piled into the console scene.

Gears of War and its sequels will never appear on another console platform, as Microsoft pays Epic to make Gears of War. Similar to what Sony did with Rockstar games... but couldn't, as they didn't have enough money to hold Grand Theft Auto for more than a mere timed exclusive. How do you expect them to out-dish Microsoft?

There is always a loophole.
I think the ps3 is well on its way to failure.
I just saw one of SCEA's new 3d brawling games and it has cinematics in the fighting. Gameplay doesnt need to be that drawn out. Reminds me of sega cd or something.

Don't underestimate the power of the media in America. This is a low blow for Sony.

I will take my PS3 without Blu Ray for 349.99 please....if that were the case SOny wouldn't be getting slammed for ports of 360 games.

They have touted this time and again this is the next generation. It's same generation, just at next generation prices.

.... So you are fucking retarded then?

Yes, Sony, please remove the BluRay player from the PS3 to make it cheaper! We didn't want to actually play any of your games.

BluRay is a disk with more room than a DVD. Not less. Ports happen because dev houses want to reach as many people as possible.

[quote name='fenderhutz']Don't underestimate the power of the media in America. This is a low blow for Sony.

I will take my PS3 without Blu Ray for 349.99 please....if that were the case SOny wouldn't be getting slammed for ports of 360 games.

They have touted this time and again this is the next generation. It's same generation, just at next generation prices.[/quote]

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh? They were mostly just ports of 360 titles, but they were FAR from lame. PS3 had a pretty decent launch lineup imo if you didn't own a 360.[/QUOTE]

so, i guess we can read that statement as "I wasted $600 system + $50 game + tax and now I'll say anything so I don't feel dumb for spending damn near a grand on something that is a waste of money right now......"

[quote name='Kayden'].... So you are fucking retarded then?

Yes, Sony, please remove the BluRay player from the PS3 to make it cheaper! We didn't want to actually play any of your games.

BluRay is a disk with more room than a DVD. Not less. Ports happen because dev houses want to reach as many people as possible.[/QUOTE]

Have any games actually REQUIRED a BR disc to play them? How many 360 games are 2 discs? Any (Really, I can't remember). Does the PS3 really NEED a BR inside of it? No. Its Sony just trying to sell movies.

[quote name='gizmogc']Have any games actually REQUIRED a BR disc to play them? How many 360 games are 2 discs? Any (Really, I can't remember). Does the PS3 really NEED a BR inside of it? No. Its Sony just trying to sell movies.[/quote]

Actually, there are few two-disc 360 games. One of them is Viva Pinata special. :lol: :applause:

Yes, very true. No developer has ever had trouble or complained about the lack of space on DVDs. It was normal for CDs to be 2-4 discs during the golden era of PSone because of one important factor: computer graphics full motion video.

Now that in-game graphics are so good, even when considering the last gen, CG FMV are pretty much no longer needed. What does that mean? Devs can just use in-game sequences for cutscenes. Less memory used and so the data can be pushed to the outside edge of the disc resulting in faster data reading. Gears of War, best looking game of 2006, loading was like a blur.

[quote name='tholly']so, i guess we can read that statement as "I wasted $600 system + $50 game + tax and now I'll say anything so I don't feel dumb for spending damn near a grand on something that is a waste of money right now......"[/QUOTE]

Way to make yourself look like an idiot :applause:

I have a 360 and about 20 games and really no interest at the moment in a PS3. Maybe you missed the live tag in my signature?

As I recall, Resistance is 17GB.

[quote name='gizmogc']Have any games actually REQUIRED a BR disc to play them? How many 360 games are 2 discs? Any (Really, I can't remember). Does the PS3 really NEED a BR inside of it? No. Its Sony just trying to sell movies.[/quote]

[quote name='Roufuss']Way to make yourself look like an idiot :applause:

I have a 360 and about 20 games and really no interest at the moment in a PS3. Maybe you missed the live tag in my signature?[/QUOTE]

no where in my post did i say that you couldn't own a 360....i just stated that you probably purchased a ps3 (which it turns out you didnt) and that had you purchased one, you would have been discontented with your purchase....

[quote name='Kayden']As I recall, Resistance is 17GB.[/QUOTE]

I have no clue how big it is, but one of my friends who runs in the pirating communities says they can fit it on a standard DVD-9.

As for multi disc 360 games, Blue Dragon is the only one I've seen so far, but it's on three discs.

[quote name='furyk']I have no clue how big it is, but one of my friends who runs in the pirating communities says they can fit it on a standard DVD-9.

As for multi disc 360 games, Blue Dragon is the only one I've seen so far, but it's on three discs.[/quote]

Thats not surprising. I've seen 1-2GB games compressed into 100mb.

Texture and sound compression will really shrink stuff down. However, I wasn't aware that you could play pirated games yet...

So then Blu Ray is not really needed to play and enjoy PS3 games, correct? So whats the point? Oh yeah, Sony trying to push a movie format on you by charging you an extra $200-300. Hurray Sony.

How moronic of you fanboys. BD already takes 3 DVD9s, so that would mean future titles would very well take full advantage of Blu-Ray's capacity. Not to mention BD's possible port over to the PS3 as well.

Time may not be the definitive source for gaming, but it IS much more mainstream than any of the shit we CAGs would look for gaming news in. A Time article deeming the PS3 a bust is much more detrimental than IGN articles complaining about it.

To the argument that Time is "up Nintendo's ass 24/7", I guess you can say a lot of magazines are "up Nintendo's ass" these days. Nintendo put out good products that are extremely main-stream accessable, and the non-gamer editors and writers at Time/BusinessWeek/Newsweek (off the top of my head) are very impressed, thus the positive press. It also helps that Nintendo has been an incredible investment for the past year or two, whereas Sony's stock has completely tanked - for this reason alone, you'll see a Businessweek blurb or a Bloomberg article praising Nintendo every now and again.

I do love the fanboy-ish argument that if a source praises one product but not either of its competitors (recently - as has been pointed out, Time ran positive articles on the 360 in the past) that the source HAS TO BE biased.

[quote name='CounterSeal']How moronic of you fanboys. BD already takes 3 DVD9s, so that would mean future titles would very well take full advantage of Blu-Ray's capacity. Not to mention BD's possible port over to the PS3 as well.[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to throw in a random insult. FYI, Three DVDs are still cheaper to produce than BD. Factor in the fact that both systems feature the same amount of memory, and it's easy to see that DVD is the better choice this gen. Maybe in the future 20+GB discs will provide a true benefit to gaming, but until we get systems with expanded memory, DVD will more than suffice.

BTW, I'm not some anti-Sony, anti-fanboy, I own a PS2 and consider it to be one of the greatest systems ever made. Hell, I still play my PS2 more so than my 360 AND Wii. With that said, you have to be a blind fanboy, or retarded (maybe even both), if you can't see that Sony's in hot water.

The PS3 launch is a BUST, no amount of worthless bickering is going to change that. What the arguement should be is whether or not year one of the PS3 is also going to be a bust.

[quote name='gizmogc']So then Blu Ray is not really needed to play and enjoy PS3 games, correct? So whats the point? Oh yeah, Sony trying to push a movie format on you by charging you an extra $200-300. Hurray Sony.[/quote]

:roll: Make note of the word compression. You know that that means, right? They make textures and sounds smaller by removing information from them. This makes textures blurry and sounds dull. While, yes, you could compress 2gB into 100mB, that doesn't mean they'd be remotely close to the same level of quality. Additionally, I should add that the games I was talking about were for the PC. The FMVs were all removed, textures were compressed, sounds converted to MP3 and the whole thing RAR'd to make it as small as possible to download. This approach wouldn't exactly work on a console as the extraction, decompressing and converting back to wav took hours. It was a system that yeilded good results for pirating ripped and raped games. It was far from being a suitable deployment method for consoles.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
The PS3 launch is a BUST, no amount of worthless bickering is going to change that. What the arguement should be is whether or not year one of the PS3 is also going to be a bust.[/quote]

How is it a bust exactly? What criteria are you using for that? Is it because it sold less than the Wii? It only has a few orignal games and a bunch of ports/sequels? It lags the 360 by a year? To me, it sounds a lot like the PS2 launch and we know how that turned out.

I'm not saying the PS3 will win this round. However, even if the PS3 launch was the worst ever, that doesn't mean Sony is by anymeans doomed here and now.

As for those of you saying DVD is more than enough, you should really consider the fact that there are PS2 games that fill more than one DVD9. That means 480i. With the new consoles pushing out 720P and 1080I/P, they're going to need 2-4x the storage space for the larger textures alone. Thats not including things like more characters, more cars, bigger levels, more levels or coding for multiplayer support.

Sure, you can play a game on 4 DVDs, but it'll get old just as fast as PC games that are still shipping on 6 CDs.

The original game won't hit the PS3, but could the sequel(s)? Hmm....[/quote]

Hmm...that's a pretty good prediction. I'd actually count on it happening. PC is very much likely to happen.

[quote name='daroga']While I don't doubt the GoW could stay an MS exclusive, I believe it is an Epic IP simply published on the 360 by Microsoft, not unlike the GBA Final Fantasies. Square owns them but Nintendo publishes the game on the system, and Square is free to move the IP wherever they want.

That being said, I think Microsoft will give Epic whatever money they think they might make in sales on a Sony / Nintendo system to keep the game with the Xbox. ;)[/quote]

I've always been under the impression that no matter what happens GoW will stay 360 native and would not jump ship similar to KOTOR and other series.

I agree about the Sony trying to push a proprietary software down are throats. I still don't see what is so wrong about switching DVD discs. Look at "last" gen and you can practically count all the games that were multi-DVD on one hand.

[quote name='CounterSeal']How moronic of you fanboys. BD already takes 3 DVD9s, so that would mean future titles would very well take full advantage of Blu-Ray's capacity. Not to mention BD's possible port over to the PS3 as well.[/quote]

What the hell is BD?

[quote name='Kayden']:roll: Make note of the word compression. You know that that means, right? They make textures and sounds smaller by removing information from them. This makes textures blurry and sounds dull. While, yes, you could compress 2gB into 100mB, that doesn't mean they'd be remotely close to the same level of quality. Additionally, I should add that the games I was talking about were for the PC. The FMVs were all removed, textures were compressed, sounds converted to MP3 and the whole thing RAR'd to make it as small as possible to download. This approach wouldn't exactly work on a console as the extraction, decompressing and converting back to wav took hours. It was a system that yeilded good results for pirating ripped and raped games. It was far from being a suitable deployment method for consoles.

How is it a bust exactly? What criteria are you using for that? Is it because it sold less than the Wii? It only has a few orignal games and a bunch of ports/sequels? It lags the 360 by a year? To me, it sounds a lot like the PS2 launch and we know how that turned out.

I'm not saying the PS3 will win this round. However, even if the PS3 launch was the worst ever, that doesn't mean Sony is by anymeans doomed here and now.

As for those of you saying DVD is more than enough, you should really consider the fact that there are PS2 games that fill more than one DVD9. That means 480i. With the new consoles pushing out 720P and 1080I/P, they're going to need 2-4x the storage space for the larger textures alone. Thats not including things like more characters, more cars, bigger levels, more levels or coding for multiplayer support.

Sure, you can play a game on 4 DVDs, but it'll get old just as fast as PC games that are still shipping on 6 CDs.[/QUOTE]
Actually PS3 games are using a lot of compressed data on the game discs even though there's so much space. Why? Because the PS3's Blu-ray drive is so slow that it's actually faster to load the compressed data and decompress it.

Only the most blind of fanboys would try to say that the PS3 launch wasn't an abject failure. When reports are coming in of systems sitting on shelves on christmas eve.. you've got trouble. The PS3 was not a hot gift item. It was not widely given or asked for.

It's my opinion that no matter what about blue ray or storage or textures or graphics or innovation or anything, Sony's priced themselves out of my (and many gamers') range. I don't give a shit wether Grand Theft Auto, Halo, Zelda, Mario, Gears of War, Ratchet, Metal Gear and whatever else games were only on PS3. I would NOT spend $600 on a game system. I'd simply avoid it until the price dropped, and play something else. (or nothing)

Sony's arrogance doesn't allow them to see this, though. They just see that if the product is that good(in their definintion) that people will pay for it.

Not selling a handful of units scattered across Bumfuck, USA really constitutes failure. :roll: Unless you have some kind of data that says a significant part of PS3 shipments has gone unsold, you're stuck with "OMG, I SAW A PICTURE OF A PS# ON A WALMATR SHELVE ON JOYSTIQ! PS3 R DOOM'D!"

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/ This is a list of BluRay players strait from the horses mouth. Why don't you go to some other forum and bust Panasonic or Pioneer's balls? Their players are $1200 and $1500. Are they being greedy arogant bastards? No, their being businesses. They're supplying demand for a product that they know people will buy. Sure, not a whole lot will throw down $1500, but a lot of people don't need to. The early adopters catch the interests of other companies that look for ways to make them and sell them cheaper. The same thing has happened with every major media, that thats besides the point.

The point you were making is Sony is being arrogant by charing $600 for the PS3. If that really is what has your panties in a bunch, how about you go to Samsung's forums and bitch at them? Their BluRay player (the cheapest on the list, I might add) costs $600 and all it does is play movies. They're "arrogant" enough to "screw you out off" $600 for a disk player that doesn't play games, have wireless functionality, motion sensitive controllers, internet connectivity or a host of other features that the PS3 has.

I remember tools just like you when the PS2 came out. They'd pine about how much Sony sucked and how stupid they were for including a DVD player. Cds were fine, even though the PS1 has several 3-4 disk games with lower graphical fidelity. Low and behold, DVDs are now in 88% of homes.

Is $600 a good chunk of money? Yes, it is. However, that doesn't change the fact that Sony is, infact, offering a deal with the PS3. The 20gb PS3 is $100 below the cheapest BluRay player. You can't call me a fanyboy for that statement as the numbers backup that statement. Its not like Sony is making every BluRay player and selling them at $1500 to make the PS3 look cheap (even though Sony's BluRay player is $999). The fact is, there are companies that aren't Sony that are charging more than the PS3 for BluRay playback alone.

Definition of arrogance =! selling items well below manufacturing costs.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it, but don't call them greedy/arrogant for selling things at a loss just because you want one and can't afford it. Which is obviously the case, because if you wanted one and could afford it, you wouldn't be bitching. Likewise, you wouldn't be here complaining if you couldn't afford it, yet didn't want it. Unless ofcourse, you're just a waste of space piece of trash looking to start... or rather, continue to fuel fanboy pissing matches.

[quote name='jer7583']Only the most blind of fanboys would try to say that the PS3 launch wasn't an abject failure. When reports are coming in of systems sitting on shelves on christmas eve.. you've got trouble. The PS3 was not a hot gift item. It was not widely given or asked for.

It's my opinion that no matter what about blue ray or storage or textures or graphics or innovation or anything, Sony's priced themselves out of my (and many gamers') range. I don't give a shit wether Grand Theft Auto, Halo, Zelda, Mario, Gears of War, Ratchet, Metal Gear and whatever else games were only on PS3. I would NOT spend $600 on a game system. I'd simply avoid it until the price dropped, and play something else. (or nothing)

Sony's arrogance doesn't allow them to see this, though. They just see that if the product is that good(in their definintion) that people will pay for it.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/ This is a list of BluRay players strait from the horses mouth. Why don't you go to some other forum and bust Panasonic or Pioneer's balls? Their players are $1200 and $1500. Are they being greedy arogant bastards? No, their being businesses. They're supplying demand for a product that they know people will buy. Sure, not a whole lot will throw down $1500, but a lot of people don't need to. The early adopters catch the interests of other companies that look for ways to make them and sell them cheaper. The same thing has happened with every major media, that thats besides the point.

[/QUOTE]
Do not forget that it can also run Linux. Which opens up a world of other programs.

[quote name='Kayden']Not selling a handful of units scattered across Bumfuck, USA really constitutes failure. :roll: Unless you have some kind of data that says a significant part of PS3 shipments has gone unsold, you're stuck with "OMG, I SAW A PICTURE OF A PS# ON A WALMATR SHELVE ON JOYSTIQ! PS3 R DOOM'D!"[/quote]
No, but when PS3s are selling for below MSRP on ebay? There might be something to that one...

[quote name='Kayden']I remember tools just like you when the PS2 came out. They'd pine about how much Sony sucked and how stupid they were for including a DVD player. Cds were fine, even though the PS1 has several 3-4 disk games with lower graphical fidelity. Low and behold, DVDs are now in 88% of homes.[/quote]
Funny, I don't remember anybody taking that attitude with the PS2's DVD capabilities at all. It was successfully sold as a DVD player even from the first day of launch, and I can't recall a single media outlet claiming DVDs to be unnecessary.

[quote name='evilmax17']No, but when PS3s are selling for below MSRP on ebay? There might be something to that one...

[/QUOTE]
Yeah that you should have a reserve price in your listing.

I didn't say media outlet. I said tools.

As for selling below retail on ebay, do you mean that the resellers are making less than they paid after fees and shipping or that the actual end of auction price is less than retail? Either way, thats not really all that surprising given the sheer number of them available at once. Wasn't there somewhere near 40000 listings for it? You could turn that around and say that if it was really selling so greatly, 40000 would still be insuficient. To which I counter: I doubt Joe average would even check ebay as the media still report them as selling for $3k even though only a handful sold that high a month ago.

[quote name='evilmax17']
Funny, I don't remember anybody taking that attitude with the PS2's DVD capabilities at all. It was successfully sold as a DVD player even from the first day of launch, and I can't recall a single media outlet claiming DVDs to be unnecessary.[/quote]

PS3's launch was an abject failure. It has nothing to do with whether or not systems are sitting on a shelf somewhere, and everything to do with how desirable the systems are to consumers.

The price point is too high (and for those of you bringing up the BluRay player, the technology wasn't necessary for games this generation, and if I shoved an iPod dock in a Wii, it wouldn't make it worth $350), the games were lackluster at best and, most importantly, it launched in such small quantities that it leapt right past the "hot item" to the "annoying item". Sony botched the launch horribly, and not only hasn't satisfied the initial demand, but has lessened that demand through bad business steps.

"Funny, I don't remember anybody taking that attitude with the PS2's DVD capabilities at all. It was successfully sold as a DVD player even from the first day of launch, and I can't recall a single media outlet claiming DVDs to be unnecessary."

Because DVD was already proven mass-market technology. The PS2 wasn't the first mass-market introduction of DVD technology.

[quote name='Kayden']I didn't say media outlet. I said tools.

As for selling below retail on ebay, do you mean that the resellers are making less than they paid after fees and shipping or that the actual end of auction price is less than retail? Either way, thats not really all that surprising given the sheer number of them available at once. Wasn't there somewhere near 40000 listings for it? You could turn that around and say that if it was really selling so greatly, 40000 would still be insuficient. To which I counter: I doubt Joe average would even check ebay as the media still report them as selling for $3k even though only a handful sold that high a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Sony released a system which, right now, isn't being bought to play games - it's being bought to sell for a profit. If you take away the reseller demand, how many people are actually paying for a system to play?

[quote name='hegemonyhog']Sony released a system which, right now, isn't being bought to play games - it's being bought to sell for a profit. If you take away the reseller demand, how many people are actually paying for a system to play?[/quote]

Whoever is buying off the resellers now? Call me crazy.

[quote name='Wolve22']in before the lock[/QUOTE]
ibtl.jpg

this thread may now be locked.

[quote name='evilmax17']Funny, I don't remember anybody taking that attitude with the PS2's DVD capabilities at all. It was successfully sold as a DVD player even from the first day of launch, and I can't recall a single media outlet claiming DVDs to be unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

At the point of PS2 release, DVD had been around in the USA for 3 years. BR has been around in USA for about 4-5 months. DVD only had VHS (Divx had failed at this point IIRC) and was graphical leaps and bounds above VHS. I bought my first DVD player (My family had one in 1998) right before the PS2 launch for $180 or $190 (Apex...miss it). PS2 launched for $400. The cheapest BR player right now MSRP is $800. PS3 is a cheaper BR player by $300.

To talk about the BR capability of the PS3 is very important as some people (like me) are only buying it for that reason. DVD players could be had cheaper when PS2 launched, so it wasn't a huge thing at that point.

Sony is only offering a "deal" on blu-ray if you have any kind of interest or need for blu-ray in the first place. for 90% of people, this is NOT a deal. It's having expensive, unnessecary hardware jacking up the price of something otherwise competetive.

And to kayden for stating that I must be jealous? I laugh. I'm not jealous so much as humored by people who continue to insist that the PS3 is a worthwhile purchase. There's no excuse for it. It shouldn't be $600, it shouldn't have launched with inferior 360 ports (and 3-4 original games, of which 1 is worthwhile) and it shouldn't have Blu-Ray.

I'm not going to apologize for Sony, and act like I should be nice to the PS3. It's a peice of garbage. That's my opinion. The PS2-Amazing Product. Affordable, mass market, well advertised and positioned. The PSP- Questionable hardware, mostly horrible software, but has potential.

You can't say i'm just fanning flames or being a fanboy. These are LEGITIMATE concerns. The price, the software lineup, and the storage medium are by no means minor issues. You do need to wake up and realize that Sony isn't infallible and there's no reason to twist everything to their benefit. Be smart with your money.

And this was not East Bumblefuck, mdidle america where PS3s were sitting on shelves. This was Milwaukee, WI. At several best buys, Gamestops, and EBs. Not exactly the middle of nowhere.

Maybe all these companies are hating on PS3 and giving props to the Wii because the Wii is for serious a better console. Crazy, I know, but it just might be true!

For serious guys.

[quote name='jer7583']Sony is only offering a "deal" on blu-ray if you have any kind of interest or need for blu-ray in the first place. for 90% of people, this is NOT a deal. It's having expensive, unnessecary hardware jacking up the price of something otherwise competetive.

And to kayden for stating that I must be jealous? I laugh. I'm not jealous so much as humored by people who continue to insist that the PS3 is a worthwhile purchase. There's no excuse for it. It shouldn't be $600, it shouldn't have launched with inferior 360 ports (and 3-4 original games, of which 1 is worthwhile) and it shouldn't have Blu-Ray.

I'm not going to apologize for Sony, and act like I should be nice to the PS3. It's a peice of garbage. That's my opinion. The PS2-Amazing Product. Affordable, mass market, well advertised and positioned. The PSP- Questionable hardware, mostly horrible software, but has potential.

You can't say i'm just fanning flames or being a fanboy. These are LEGITIMATE concerns. The price, the software lineup, and the storage medium are by no means minor issues. You do need to wake up and realize that Sony isn't infallible and there's no reason to twist everything to their benefit. Be smart with your money.

And this was not East Bumblefuck, mdidle america where PS3s were sitting on shelves. This was Milwaukee, WI. At several best buys, Gamestops, and EBs. Not exactly the middle of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Nothing but love for this man. :applause:

I never thought it would be possible to meet an actual PS3 fanboy till kayden. I cant believe someone can not only defend blu ray....but actually defend Sonys choice to put it in the system despite the $600 price tag and hate of basically everyone on earth at this point.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I never thought it would be possible to meet an actual PS3 fanboy till kayden. I cant believe someone can not only defend blu ray....but actually defend Sonys choice to put it in the system despite the $600 price tag and hate of basically everyone on earth at this point.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's a right laugh. EVERYONE involved in this is a fanboy to some degree. For anyone who thinks that Sony is an arrogant company, and Nintendo and Microsoft are not, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that the launch games for the PS3 are relatively worse than those the 360 or Wii were packaged with, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that there is no single fragment of reasonable thought for adopting a Blu-Ray disc in the PS3, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that every decision Sony has made along the way of developing the PS3, the PSP has been poor; that they don't care about you, and are just trying to sell you a high-dollar movie player, that Microsoft and Nintendo have not made as many poor decision as Sony; that the PS3 has failed despite being hard to find instore since it launched over a month ago; for those who think the PS3 has no exclusive software on the way worth owning; for those who think the PS3 is a piece of faulty hardware despite there being NO NEWS of massive PS3 returns, and that the Xbox 360 still seems to be having large enough problems in large enough numbers...yes, you're a goddamned fanboy.

And, lastly...if you're a useless bitch who's gonna buy the PS3 the first moment that Final Fantasy XIII's release date is announced...then you probably shouldn't be calling out anyone on this planet for being a fanboy.

Are there problems with the PS3? Well, it's not a perfect system. Funny thing about imperfection: it's also included in the 360 and Wii. They all have it. So I'm sick and tired of those who think that, top to bottom, nothing was done right about the PS3 launch. It's cliche and reactionary to hate Sony right now, and to think that Nintendo and MS are the benevolent corporations. Well, that's a damnfool thing to think about MS, and anyone with a PC should have evidence right in front of them why that can't be true. Anyone old enough to recall Nintendo strongarming NEC and Sega out of the American market early on knows that Nintendo plays dirty. Basically, what I'm getting at is that if any of these companies don't care about you and just want your money,. *none of them do*. They all want to wow you and sell you games. As a result, each console this generation has some pretty neat technology and software. If you can't even entertain the notion that there are fun and positive things about the PS3, or the 360...then just cut your fucking wrists, because you have sacrificed having fun at the expense of maintaining some phony political position to show your point. If you want to stand for something, I have a whole litany of causes that matter in this world that aren't "Sony wantz teh monies!!!!!" Let me know if you want to have an adult's perspective on the world. I can help you.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, that's a right laugh. EVERYONE involved in this is a fanboy to some degree. For anyone who thinks that Sony is an arrogant company, and Nintendo and Microsoft are not, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that the launch games for the PS3 are relatively worse than those the 360 or Wii were packaged with, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that there is no single fragment of reasonable thought for adopting a Blu-Ray disc in the PS3, you're a fanboy.

For anyone who thinks that every decision Sony has made along the way of developing the PS3, the PSP has been poor; that they don't care about you, and are just trying to sell you a high-dollar movie player, that Microsoft and Nintendo have not made as many poor decision as Sony; that the PS3 has failed despite being hard to find instore since it launched over a month ago; for those who think the PS3 has no exclusive software on the way worth owning; for those who think the PS3 is a piece of faulty hardware despite there being NO NEWS of massive PS3 returns, and that the Xbox 360 still seems to be having large enough problems in large enough numbers...yes, you're a goddamned fanboy.

And, lastly...if you're a useless bitch who's gonna buy the PS3 the first moment that Final Fantasy XIII's release date is announced...then you probably shouldn't be calling out anyone on this planet for being a fanboy.

Are there problems with the PS3? Well, it's not a perfect system. Funny thing about imperfection: it's also included in the 360 and Wii. They all have it. So I'm sick and tired of those who think that, top to bottom, nothing was done right about the PS3 launch. It's cliche and reactionary to hate Sony right now, and to think that Nintendo and MS are the benevolent corporations. Well, that's a damnfool thing to think about MS, and anyone with a PC should have evidence right in front of them why that can't be true. Anyone old enough to recall Nintendo strongarming NEC and Sega out of the American market early on knows that Nintendo plays dirty. Basically, what I'm getting at is that if any of these companies don't care about you and just want your money,. *none of them do*. They all want to wow you and sell you games. As a result, each console this generation has some pretty neat technology and software. If you can't even entertain the notion that there are fun and positive things about the PS3, or the 360...then just cut your fucking wrists, because you have sacrificed having fun at the expense of maintaining some phony political position to show your point. If you want to stand for something, I have a whole litany of causes that matter in this world that aren't "Sony wantz teh monies!!!!!" Let me know if you want to have an adult's perspective on the world. I can help you.[/QUOTE]
For anyone who makes posts like that, you're a fanboy. ;)*

*Emoticon used to soften severity.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I never thought it would be possible to meet an actual PS3 fanboy till kayden. I cant believe someone can not only defend blu ray....but actually defend Sonys choice to put it in the system despite the $600 price tag and hate of basically everyone on earth at this point.[/quote]
:roll:

Like I said, I'm not a fanboy. I don't have a PS3, nor do I want one any time soon. Resistance isn't enough of a game to warrant my purchase.

However, that doesn't mean that I enjoy listening to people sitting around turning everything Sony related into the biggest fuck up of all time. For example, the Sony Offers Movie downloads = UMD Dead = BR dead! thread.

Everyday we we dozens for mindless MS and Nintendo fanboys running around the forums screaming about how much the PS3 sucks, how badly Sony is going to fail or how Kaz raped their grandma. Now, if the PS3 is so lame, why do you waste all this time bad mouthing it? Why don't you spend all this time playing the systems you love so much? What does bitching about BluRay get you on this forum?

How many Sony fanboys do you see in the Wii/360 threads pissing on the drapes and swinging from the rafters? There are a few, but no where near the amount of MS or N. How many PS3 owners are there on this forum? How often do they complain? Have you noticed how 99% of all the complaints come from people that don't have and don't want a PS3?

Maybe the reason there aren't many PS3 fanboys going around is because they're all happy with their purchase and are home enjoying it instead of trying to shit on other people's preferences.

[quote name='rickonker']So Kayden, are you saying you agree that for gamers who don't want a Blu-ray player, the PS3 is a bad deal?[/quote]
Thats just dumb and you know it. Thats like saying theres no reason to get a PS2 if you don't watch DVD movies. The PS2 had a good number of cd games. No doubt the PS3 will have a good number of DVD games. However, there are a lot of reasons to believe that DVDs aren't going to be sufficient given the goals of the new generation of games. Most prodominantly, the fact that PS2 games are already on multiple DVDs.

The biggest gift the Mods can give to us, would be to TAKE away this thread. Destination: Nowhere. ETA: 5 pages ago.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, that's a right laugh. EVERYONE involved in this is a fanboy to some degree. For anyone who thinks that Sony is an arrogant company, and Nintendo and Microsoft are not, you're a fanboy.

Are there problems with the PS3? Well, it's not a perfect system. Funny thing about imperfection: it's also included in the 360 and Wii. They all have it. So I'm sick and tired of those who think that, top to bottom, nothing was done right about the PS3 launch. It's cliche and reactionary to hate Sony right now, and to think that Nintendo and MS are the benevolent corporations. Well, that's a damnfool thing to think about MS, and anyone with a PC should have evidence right in front of them why that can't be true. Anyone old enough to recall Nintendo strongarming NEC and Sega out of the American market early on knows that Nintendo plays dirty. Basically, what I'm getting at is that if any of these companies don't care about you and just want your money,. *none of them do*. They all want to wow you and sell you games. As a result, each console this generation has some pretty neat technology and software. If you can't even entertain the notion that there are fun and positive things about the PS3, or the 360...then just cut your fucking wrists, because you have sacrificed having fun at the expense of maintaining some phony political position to show your point. If you want to stand for something, I have a whole litany of causes that matter in this world that aren't "Sony wantz teh monies!!!!!" Let me know if you want to have an adult's perspective on the world. I can help you.[/QUOTE]

Sigh not everyone is that way. Just because you think Sony is arrogant doesnt mean you dont think nintendo is or atleast are capable of it. Corporations are like people, they go through stages, they change. Nintendo was horribly arrogant and abused power and then they were taken down quite a few pegs. Now they are going through a kinda cool creative processe, it doesnt mean they dont still have an arrogant side, and it doesnt mean we wont see it again. It just means right now they are awsome. Same with Sony, they had their time as a great thing in the industry. Now they are extreamly arrogant and deserve to be brought down a few pegs.

And again. Thanks for the childish insult. What is your problem with me anyways? Your always taking pot shots. Most of the time I ignore ya, but sometimes I read your posts, I keep trying to give you more chances to act like an adult and you just seem incapable of it. Its like you have some kind of grudge or something.

But just to pwn ya again bro. I dont want FFXIII. I disliked XII and XIII just looks lame. Not saying it will be, I thought X looked lame but loved it, though XII looked amazing and hated it. Thanks though for making an ignorant assumption of me and insulting me though. Just makes your posts look o so intelligent and fair and unbiased.

I stopped reading at that point of your post, I aint dealing with kids tossing insults. But, just to help you out. Yes people have bias to some level. But we can learn to recognize and set aside those biases and we can as people dislike something without loathing it in an idiotic fashion. I dislike Sony right now but I stopped my fiancee from bad mouthing them Christmas day when she was calling the PSP useless just because shes used to my love for the DS. And I think the PS3 has alot of potential. Iv bad mouthed Blu Ray and the PS3 but that doesnt mean that im such an idiot that I dont see bright sides. It CAN be a great storage medium that carries the PS3 for many years because its so ahead of its time. Sony has said they dont want to release the PS4 in just a few years that the PS3 is such a great system it should last a decade, and the truth is the system was built with the power that that could POTENTIALLY be true. Learn that just because people dislike something they dont have to be a fanboy or some kind of idiot....then again as I said you seem to be so biased against me and follow me from thread to thread insulting not only my opinions but me persoanlly that at this point my guess is your just going to act like a raving lunatic thinking everything is stupid I say and im biased no mattter what.

/shrug

And BTW(ugg this is a long and ranty post)dont bother responding if you cant be an adult and talk like one. You want to keep acting like a child and im going to treat you like one. Pat ya on the head and click ignore.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I never thought it would be possible to meet an actual PS3 fanboy till kayden. I cant believe someone can not only defend blu ray....but actually defend Sonys choice to put it in the system despite the $600 price tag and hate of basically everyone on earth at this point.[/QUOTE]
Are you saying that Sony hates everyone, or that everyone hates Sony?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Sigh not everyone is that way. Just because you think Sony is arrogant doesnt mean you dont think nintendo is or atleast are capable of it. Corporations are like people, they go through stages, they change. Nintendo was horribly arrogant and abused power and then they were taken down quite a few pegs. Now they are going through a kinda cool creative processe, it doesnt mean they dont still have an arrogant side, and it doesnt mean we wont see it again. It just means right now they are awsome. Same with Sony, they had their time as a great thing in the industry. Now they are extreamly arrogant and deserve to be brought down a few pegs.[/quote]

See here. This is the precise kind of shit that bothers me. This matter-of-fact bullshit that "Nintendo are awesome; Sony is arrogant" that perpetrates lines of thought. By continuing to say this in the absence of data is absurd. Find me software attachment on the PS3 and Wii. Find me what software sales are like once you eliminate the top tier titles (resistance and/or Zelda). Find me overall sales (a skewed measure at this point, to be sure). Find me SOMETHING that isn't what you think in your head to verify that Nintendo is "awsome" and Sony is "extreamly arrogant."

You missed my point entirely by continuing to treat the overall existence of these companies are able to be understod in one phrase. You come to a conclusion after you build your case; yet, you have a conclusion but no case. Strange, that.

But just to pwn ya again bro. I dont want FFXIII. I disliked XII and XIII just looks lame. Not saying it will be, I thought X looked lame but loved it, though XII looked amazing and hated it. Thanks though for making an ignorant assumption of me and insulting me though. Just makes your posts look o so intelligent and fair and unbiased.

I can't believe I'm having a conversation with someone who seriously used the phrase "just to pwn ya again bro." Not that I'm appalled at the grammatical use of "again," which would erroneously suggest that I was somehow put in my place to begin with (let alone once more)...I just can't read that and not feel like I'm debating Aristotlean philosophy with Pauly Shore. And more to the point, I don't believe this "I don't want FFXIII" tripe for a moment.

I stopped reading at that point of your post, I aint dealing with kids tossing insults. But, just to help you out. Yes people have bias to some level. But we can learn to recognize and set aside those biases and we can as people dislike something without loathing it in an idiotic fashion. I dislike Sony right now but I stopped my fiancee from bad mouthing them Christmas day when she was calling the PSP useless just because shes used to my love for the DS. And I think the PS3 has alot of potential. Iv bad mouthed Blu Ray and the PS3 but that doesnt mean that im such an idiot that I dont see bright sides. It CAN be a great storage medium that carries the PS3 for many years because its so ahead of its time. Sony has said they dont want to release the PS4 in just a few years that the PS3 is such a great system it should last a decade, and the truth is the system was built with the power that that could POTENTIALLY be true. Learn that just because people dislike something they dont have to be a fanboy or some kind of idiot....then again as I said you seem to be so biased against me and follow me from thread to thread insulting not only my opinions but me persoanlly that at this point my guess is your just going to act like a raving lunatic thinking everything is stupid I say and im biased no mattter what.

/shrug

And BTW(ugg this is a long and ranty post)dont bother responding if you cant be an adult and talk like one. You want to keep acting like a child and im going to treat you like one. Pat ya on the head and click ignore.

I always like the "here's a long response and you shouldn't respond and you should ignore me but I still have more to say so here's three more paragraphs" thread posts. Only slightly more bland than evanft's public declaration of everyone on his ignore list. Look; you finally seem like you're getting it, at least in the sense that you just might show recognition that there are upsides and downsides to owning every system. But it's still coupled with this unsupported and naive view that Nintendo is somehow objectively "awesome" and Sony "extremely arrogant." That's how children debate. Find me some data, or stop making claims you cannot support.

[quote name='Brak']For anyone who makes posts like that, you're a fanboy. ;)*

*Emoticon used to soften severity.
[/QUOTE]

I'm a fanboy for myself. ;)

Kayden, DVD didn't add $200 to the cost of the PS2. And it was an established format at the time. And it didn't have a competing format war to worry about. AND the jump from VHS to DVD was instantly recognizable, and didn't require a $1000 Television purchase, on top of the player, and new discs.

This next generation disc format thing is just too much too soon. Instead of raising the celing for developers to shove even more pretty garbage on a disc, how about they make the best use of what they have first. There's no reason you can't design a AAA title with excellent graphics and unique gameplay on a single dual layer DVD. Look at gears of war, zelda, final fantasy XII, Halo 2, MGS3, Okami, etc. etc. etc.

Blu-Ray is UNNESSECARY.

[quote name='jer7583']Kayden, DVD didn't add $200 to the cost of the PS2. And it was an established format at the time. And it didn't have a competing format war to worry about. AND the jump from VHS to DVD was instantly recognizable, and didn't require a $1000 Television purchase, on top of the player, and new discs.

This next generation disc format thing is just too much too soon. Instead of raising the celing for developers to shove even more pretty garbage on a disc, how about they make the best use of what they have first. There's no reason you can't design a AAA title with excellent graphics and unique gameplay on a single dual layer DVD. Look at gears of war, zelda, final fantasy XII, Halo 2, MGS3, Okami, etc. etc. etc.

Blu-Ray is UNNESSECARY.[/QUOTE]

There is no point in debating with him....he just doesnt get it...only time he says anything close to logical is when he gets too many people saying fanboy. Yes its common sense to most people that DVD didnt jack the price of the PS2 up $100s...but nope not to some.

bread's done
Back