Time of Eve Movie - Blu-Ray Kickstarter, minimum $55 for BD

HakaHina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
For those interested, here is a Kickstarter for the Time of Eve movie's official overseas localization. Not a deal on the blu-ray itself, but I think most of the extras included in this are Kickstarter exclusives. The project has already been fully funded since three days ago, and the first stretch goal of English dubs already reached. New stretch goals are incoming. Most of the upper level pledges are gone.

Kickstarter link

I don't know what this is, but that Kickstarter trailer has definitely caught my interest. As someone who only owns 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Miyazaki films (don't really watch a lot of anime), is this something you think I'd enjoy?

Either way, never heard of this, but will definitely be doing some research on it now. Thanks, OP!

I think it's pretty good. The genre is mainly drama and sci-fi, but has a little comedy here and there. The main premise concerns the interpretation of the Three Laws of Robotics and the notion of self awareness in advanced robotic AI. The movie treads upon the thin line of distinction between a human and a robot when outward features are the same, and I think this is what really makes the movie shine.

When compared to 5 Centimeters per Second, the animation isn't as spectacular, but the overeaching plot and the relationships it shows between its characters are great imo.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I don't know what this is, but that Kickstarter trailer has definitely caught my interest. As someone who only owns 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Miyazaki films (don't really watch a lot of anime), is this something you think I'd enjoy?

Either way, never heard of this, but will definitely be doing some research on it now. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

If you like those then definitely watch Summer Wars.

I think Summer Wars is starting to get over rated.

I never heard of this before but that pic in the wiki link showed a girl lifting her shirt up so ima buy about 4 copies.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']As someone who only owns 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Miyazaki films (don't really watch a lot of anime), is this something you think I'd enjoy?[/QUOTE]

You're casual enough to enjoy this movie, yes.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I don't know what this is, but that Kickstarter trailer has definitely caught my interest. As someone who only owns 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and Miyazaki films (don't really watch a lot of anime), is this something you think I'd enjoy?

Either way, never heard of this, but will definitely be doing some research on it now. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Yes, Time of Eve is along the same lines as those.

I believe I'll get in on this. Id love to get a bluray copy even without a dub would be nice. It was a good movie - good enough I think they could have made a series out if it.

bread's done
Back