Time Splitters 3

sisco1986

CAGiversary!
Anyone else enjoying TS3 as much as I am? I've been playing for a few days now and all I can say is that it's much better than TS2 in presentation, story telling and over all 'feel' of the game. The story mode is sooo much better than TS2 (in my opinion of course) and it's much better presentend (this is the most i've ever laughed in a game, kudos to the voice actors and animators). Only bad thing, no online play obviously for the cube. 2 player co-op is kick ass, and the multiplayer never gets old if you've got a buddy to play with.

Thoughts?

It's not a bad game, but they screwed the controls up big time. What I dislike most about the game is I can't use my old control scheme that I would use on TS2. You can't customize the controller so the D-pad is Movement/Turning (in the GC version. Don't know about the PS2/Xbox versions). Then when using a sniper rifle you can't use the C-stick to Zoom in/out. You can't turn off Grenades or Melee, which sucks. Only time you really need grenades is for some of the Arcade League matches.

They shouldn't have put grenades as one whole button. They should've put them in as just a normal weapon. Oh, I hate the Remote Mines in this game. Having to press up on the d-pad just to switch to secondary fire, then having to press fire to detonate it is just stupid. In TS2, I most likely have either a rocket launcher or remote mine as one of my weapons, they screwed both up in this game. I liked the old shotgun too.

Secondary fire was better in TS2. And now, you can't even use a face button for Weapon Forward, which sucks. They could have put Activate and Reload on the same button (B button). Or Free Radical could've put an option to switch the D-pad and Control stick functions around with each other. They should rerelease the game and fix the controls.

The girl in story mode, who guides you through the missions, gets annoying by the last mission. The announcer in arcade does too. BOOMSHAKA! Doesn't make a bit of sense. I guess they were trying to copycat NBA JAM's Boomshakalaka! :)

[quote name='Green-Bull']It's not a bad game, but they screwed the controls up big time. What I dislike most about the game is I can't use my old control scheme that I would use on TS2. You can't customize the controller so the D-pad is Movement/Turning (in the GC version. Don't know about the PS2/Xbox versions). Then when using a sniper rifle you can't use the C-stick to Zoom in/out. You can't turn off Grenades or Melee, which sucks. Only time you really need grenades is for some of the Arcade League matches.

They shouldn't have put grenades as one whole button. They should've put them in as just a normal weapon. Oh, I hate the Remote Mines in this game. Having to press up on the d-pad just to switch to secondary fire, then having to press fire to detonate it is just stupid. In TS2, I most likely have either a rocket launcher or remote mine as one of my weapons, they screwed both up in this game. I liked the old shotgun too.

Secondary fire was better in TS2. And now, you can't even use a face button for Weapon Forward, which sucks. They could have put Activate and Reload on the same button (B button). Or Free Radical could've put an option to switch the D-pad and Control stick functions around with each other. They should rerelease the game and fix the controls.

The girl in story mode, who guides you through the missions, gets annoying by the last mission. The announcer in arcade does too. BOOMSHAKA! Doesn't make a bit of sense. I guess they were trying to copycat NBA JAM's Boomshakalaka! :)[/QUOTE]

Are these issues limited to the GC version? I have the Xbox one, and it seems like there are a lot of customizable options for remapping controls...

WildWop: I think the control issues are for all systems. I even checked the FAQs at GameFaqs, but those hardly ever tell crap. Also, I was looking at the GameFaqs TS:FP PS2 board, seeing if anyone had any complaints about the controls and they did. In the PS2 FAQ they say the Circle button has no function using the default controls, I'm pretty sure. And I saw someone say they hate having to use the D-pad for alternate fire, they were wishing they could put it on a face button. :) Sounds like me.

And to answer your question, if I even remember it now. You can only customize the face/shoulder buttons. And you can switch analog stick functions to the C-stick, but not to the D-pad. So it isn't fully customizable like in TS2. Plus, TS2 had the Aim mode control options. And in TS2, if you didn't want a function set to any button, you could put None, then exit the menu. On TS:FP you can't. If you try that on here, it'll say you don't have grenade/melee set to a face button. Then it makes you go and add them. I have the GC version, but I think the controls are the same for all systems. Although I could be wrong. Wish they'd rerelease the damn game with better controls.

GC map maker takes up only 4 blocks. I only made a couple maps, but I don't think I'll be playing this game as much as I did TS2. I did read the other day on GameFaq's TS:FP GC board that the GC version has some of the music issues. At first I read the GC version didn't have all of the songs that the PS2/Xbox versions had. I was pissed. I was like, why can't they use DivX like Activision uses for games like T.H.U.G.? Then I read that some of the music in TS:FP can't even be accessed in Arcade or Mapmaker. Some of it can be heard in certain challenges, but when you try to and hear it in Arcade/mapmaker, it'll be a different track altogether. If you have an Action Replay, I think that one guy meant you could access the music.

bread's done
Back