Time to camp for PS3?

SpikeSpiegel

CAGiversary!
What time are you planning on camping for a PS3?

I was hoping 12pm on the 16th would be early enough, it is fairly populated here and most people can afford $600 easy. Planning on leaving the house at 11:30 am, and scoping out Bestbuy.

Think it is early enough? Only reason I'm going to BB is because I'm hoping they do a midnight launch.

It's kinda too early to tell. For PS2 I got there (Walmart) around 5pm the day before for a 7am release. If stores are doing a midnight release I'm sure they will know the week before.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']What time are you planning on camping for a PS3?

I was hoping 12pm on the 16th would be early enough, it is fairly populated here and most people can afford $600 easy. Planning on leaving the house at 11:30 am, and scoping out Bestbuy.

Think it is early enough? Only reason I'm going to BB is because I'm hoping they do a midnight launch.[/QUOTE]

Just get a pre-order in if your time is worth anything to you. GameRush is infact doing a pre-order sometme soon, just call them when they open and then again sometime after lunch, everyday, and save yourself a headache. I already got my PS3 pre-orders in (you would throw-up/hunt me down if you knew how many I have in my wallet right now).

[quote name='BrandonOne']Just get a pre-order in if your time is worth anything to you. GameRush is infact doing a pre-order sometme soon, just call them when they open and then again sometime after lunch, everyday, and save yourself a headache. I already got my PS3 pre-orders in (you would throw-up/hunt me down if you knew how many I have in my wallet right now).[/quote] I missed the PS3 pre-oders this week because I found out about it at the last minute and already exhausted my budget for this week until payday. (I can't spend over a certain amount on myself on a week to week basis)

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I missed the PS3 pre-oders this week because I found out about it at the last minute and already exhausted my budget for this week until payday. (I can't spend over a certain amount on myself on a week to week basis)[/QUOTE]
GameRush still hasn't started their pre-order, it could happen tomorrow, or next week. Assuming you get paid the 15th, you're golden next week. Amazon.com hasn't started their pre-order either, neither has Wal-Mart, or GS/EB online. If you can find an appetizing bundle, pre-order there.

I just don't see how anyone is started plans to camp out this early with so many pre-order options left. It's like if an MLB hitter just stopped running to first because he thought he was going to get a tag out, only for the opposing team to drop the ball, have time to recover, and still tag him out. Don't give up.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I'm going to go with the morning they open the day before.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'd say overnight at least is the way to go with the ps3 ifyou really want to get one. There's even less ps3's than there were ps2's and probably even more demand.

[quote name='BrandonOne']GameRush still hasn't started their pre-order, it could happen tomorrow, or next week. Assuming you get paid the 15th, you're golden next week. Amazon.com hasn't started their pre-order either, neither has Wal-Mart, or GS/EB online. If you can find an appetizing bundle, pre-order there.

I just don't see how anyone is started plans to camp out this early with so many pre-order options left. It's like if an MLB hitter just stopped running to first because he thought he was going to get a tag out, only for the opposing team to drop the ball, have time to recover, and still tag him out. Don't give up.[/quote]

No Gamerush near here. Don't suppose Gamecrazy is taking Ps3 pre-orders.

hahaha good idea...I mean I'm sure they don't care if they sleep under a bench or under a wal-mart sign,

[quote name='theinfamous']Would I be wrong if I just paid some Homeless people to wait in line for me? :)[/quote]

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Pay that person to stand in line for you until 15 minutes before the store opens, and take over. Everyone else will be tired and cold. ;)

I've got a few friends planning to camp and sell their numbers the next morning. I should be off that day anyway so I may join them depending on how cold it is and what the hype is like. Camping is always fun...

Best Buy here the cut off of not getting a 360 was waiting from about 9pm the night before.

I heard a rumor that Best Buy plans to have a raffle to decide who gets to buy one. So it won't matter what time you get there.

[quote name='MadFlava']I heard a rumor that Best Buy plans to have a raffle to decide who gets to buy one. So it won't matter what time you get there.[/quote]

If true thats fucked up

[quote name='theinfamous']Would I be wrong if I just paid some Homeless people to wait in line for me? :)[/QUOTE]

You laugh but its been done. 6 years ago as matter of fact, in japan, for the PS2 launch.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You laugh but its been done. 6 years ago as matter of fact, in japan, for the PS2 launch.[/QUOTE]

Also here in Michigan at the release of the PS2 at our favortire store Meijer!

[quote name='Purkeynator']You laugh but its been done. 6 years ago as matter of fact, in japan, for the PS2 launch.[/quote]

It was also done in Killeen, Texas 6 years ago too. When I showed up the people that were behind the homeless guy thought it was a great idea.... Most of them thought it was. There was one guy at the back of the line that was pissed. People were telling him that he could have done the same thing and to stop hating....Paid the bum $50 bucks and I got my PS2 without having to lay on a sidewalk all night. :D

The funniest part was that I was at the house watching the news the night before launch and they showed the guy in line. My wife said I wasnt going to be able to get one. When I told her she said I was wrong for what I did, oh well

at my bestbuy people were there at 12pm the afternoon before 360 came out. be prepared, EVERYONE is going to try and be the "early bird" this time... =\

I'm in line sending this post from Wal-Mart right now....j/k :rofl: I will probably be at my Wally World between 6-7 a.m.

It pretty interesting seeing people camp out for preorders. I guess it's better to camp out when it's warmer than when the temp starts to drop in Nov.

bread's done
Back