Tips for gaining weight?

SMMM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
I'm really abnormally skinny, so I'd like to gain some weight. Any suggestions on what exercises I should do or muscles to work on? And what foods to eat while I'm doing this?

[quote name='seanr1221']Instead of using bread use poptarts

Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon.[/QUOTE]

I watched that episode last night.

Make this your goal

3f05kinghm.jpg

If you're abnormally skinny you probably couldn't gain weight if you tried. I'm stuck in the same situation.

[quote name='seanr1221']Make this your goal

3f05kinghm.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'd already be half way there if I could just find the any key...

"If you're not sure about something, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, it's your window to weight gain."

01.gif

You need to put on some muscle mass. You probably have an ultra high metabolism like me. I can eat anything I want, and I eat grossly unhealthy, but I dont put on a single pound.

[quote name='SMMM']I'm really abnormally skinny, so I'd like to gain some weight. Any suggestions on what exercises I should do or muscles to work on? And what foods to eat while I'm doing this?[/QUOTE]

Are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy you need some healthy nutrition a girl would be more than willing tp give,

[quote name='Sarang01']Are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy you need some healthy nutrition a girl would be more than willing tp give,[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about?

Also McDonald's fries.

Eat tons of protein and begin to lift weights. Once you tone up, you'll slow start to gain up weight. Once you stop working out though, expect that muscle to turn to fat.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF are you talking about?

Also McDonald's fries.[/quote]

I was wondering that myself.

OP, how old are you? I ask because if you are young I wouldn't worry about it. The Freshman 15 will hit you.

[quote name='VAD3R or Fro']Eat burger king or some other fast food joint once a day and see how much weight you gain after a month.[/quote] I eat fast food maybe every other day at least.

I'm 23 and I've weighed exactly 105 for at least 7 years.

wait till your 25th or 26th birthday, your metabolism should start to slow down around then.

[quote name='Apossum']wait till your 25th or 26th birthday, your metabolism should start to slow down around then.[/quote]

Yeah.

I used to have a hard time gaining weight in high school too.

Add in a nutritional drink as a "snack" to your diet. Try something like Ensure Plus (for weight gaining). One 8oz bottle has 450 calories plus alot of essential vitamins and minerals and such that your body needs. Its a healthier way to gain weight than just eating Mickey Ds three times a day (though that will do it too - their pancakes are especially fattening). Its really hard to gain weight so good luck. Just as its unhealthy to be overweight, its equally (and sometimes even worse) to be underweight.

Im having trouble keeping up the triple digits myself so Ive heard every trick in the book by now.

There's also a pretty decent (and simple) shake you can make with half and half, ice cream, and a whole banana that is insanely fattening.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']You need to put on some muscle mass. You probably have an ultra high metabolism like me. I can eat anything I want, and I eat grossly unhealthy, but I dont put on a single pound.[/quote]

I'm in the same category. I practically eat fast food everyday, but I usually am active as well.

I do need to build muscle though. Being a weakling sucks.

I Can't gain weight either. I'm usually stuck around 145-155 no matter what I eat. When I eat more I lose weight. When I eat not as much as a usual day it seems like I gain more weight.

Try eating a whole bunch of stuff right before bed. If that doesn't make you gain weight then it's not meant to be.

It is important to distinguish between muscle mass and overall body weight. Saying "I'm a weakling and I don't like it" is very different from saying "I'd like to put on some extra weight."

As some of the others have indicated, your physiology will very likely change as you get older, and you won't need to eat any more than you currently do to gain weight, then (you'll just develop some love handles before you know it.) You might doubt that now, but I've known some high metabolism individuals who could out-eat everyone else...and the rest of us all cackled in unison when his metabolism finally slowed down (right to his face, no less. Mwuahaha!)

Putting on 5lbs of fat is very different from putting on 5lbs of muscle. Putting on 5lbs of muscle is not terribly diffferent for an overweight person, as compared with an underweight person, I would imagine (although I'm not sure about that.)

Find yourself a workout buddy, man. Preferably one who has read up on bodybuilding and has put together an intelligent workout scheme for himself. I am assuming that you would prefer to increase your muscle mass, in lieu of extra fat tissue.

[quote name='Paco']Eat like a black person. That'll be your ticket to weight gain. Think lady from The Boondocks and the Itis.[/quote]

You could have just said that part. Not all of us eat in similar fashion.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']You could have just said that part. Not all of us eat in similar fashion.[/quote]

True. Modifications effective NOW!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I eat fast food maybe every other day at least.

I'm 23 and I've weighed exactly 105 for at least 7 years.[/quote]

Holy crap. That's skinny. I thought I was skinny at 135 lbs.

Leave it up to a white boy with B-cup mantits to say "eat like a black person." :roll: I don't care that you edited it, you still thought enough of it to type it to begin with.

OP, creatine, creatine, creatine. You mention exercises in your post, so I don't imagine you want to bigmac-and-mountain-dew yourself to a higher weight as others have suggested. Shrink your meal portions down, and double the number of them (so you aren't stuffing yourself at each meal, and making the higher number of them more difficult to consume). Don't eat a meal until you are full, eat about 2/3 what most adults would consider "a meal." But have one every 4 hours, so you end up having 5 a day.

Creatine in cycles helps, as does whey protein isolate (the protein helps rebuild muscle tissue so you can lift weights more frequently without pulling or hurting yourself - by itself, it's not a lot of calories, though - creatine is hella full of calories).

Also, what's your exercise schedule like for a one-week period? I may be able to offer some rudimentary suggestions if I get a glance at how often/how much you lift or do cardio.

[quote name='mykevermin']Leave it up to a white boy with B-cup mantits to say "eat like a black person." :roll: I don't care that you edited it, you still thought enough of it to type it to begin with.

OP, creatine, creatine, creatine. You mention exercises in your post, so I don't imagine you want to bigmac-and-mountain-dew yourself to a higher weight as others have suggested. Shrink your meal portions down, and double the number of them (so you aren't stuffing yourself at each meal, and making the higher number of them more difficult to consume). Don't eat a meal until you are full, eat about 2/3 what most adults would consider "a meal." But have one every 4 hours, so you end up having 5 a day.

Creatine in cycles helps, as does whey protein isolate (the protein helps rebuild muscle tissue so you can lift weights more frequently without pulling or hurting yourself - by itself, it's not a lot of calories, though - creatine is hella full of calories).

Also, what's your exercise schedule like for a one-week period? I may be able to offer some rudimentary suggestions if I get a glance at how often/how much you lift or do cardio.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the 'stereotypical black man' type. i.e. fried chicken, grits, collard greens, mashed potatoes, pie, mac n cheese, kool-aid, gatorade, grape soda, etc. Although I will say, all of that stuff is dee-li-ciousss.

like i said before buy a gram of weed, smoke it, go to restaurant or super market of your choice, repeat 3-4 times daily

[quote name='jPoD']I think he meant the 'stereotypical black man' type. i.e. fried chicken, grits, collard greens, mashed potatoes, pie, mac n cheese, kool-aid, gatorade, grape soda, etc. Although I will say, all of that stuff is dee-li-ciousss.[/QUOTE]

I *KNOW* what he meant.

That doesn't make me any less appalled.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']Add in a nutritional drink as a "snack" to your diet. Try something like Ensure Plus (for weight gaining). [/QUOTE]

Yeah drink a Boost for breakfast
and an Ensure for dizzurt.

It's a sad day when I agree with myke in a thread.

That's like taking one step forward and three steps back, and stepping in dog shit.

Radioactive dog shit. From a radioactive dog.

[quote name='Strell']It's a sad day when I agree with myke in a thread.[/QUOTE]

sad makes me smirk.

Though I'm not sure if you're agreeing with my passe ultra-PC outrage, or the suggestion that creatine causes weight gain.

A little of both. You should be happy I at least gave the dog shit a defining characteristic. I could have just as easily suggested it could glow in the dark.

Actually I guess I did exactly that.

Besides, your smirk cannot override the smirk I create, knowing that, apparently, every word I type into this digital stinkhole drives you mad with the fury of worms and overshoes.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']You need to put on some muscle mass. You probably have an ultra high metabolism like me. I can eat anything I want, and I eat grossly unhealthy, but I dont put on a single pound.[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here. Its great!

...Of course I'll probably die of a heart attack when im 50.

bread's done
Back